Restaurants Near The River

birdland

There is a nice restaurant overlooking the river near The Grand Palace, it's normally full of Thai's, reasonably priced and good food.

I cannot find the card with it's name, but if you were coming off the river boat, as you leave the pier walk half way through the food stalls, turn right and walk under an arch, don't let the navy guy put you off, it's also the entrance to the Navy Club, turn right after the arch and the restaurant is in front of you.

Very popular and very busy, try and get an outside table overlooking the river.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh.... It's exactly where--upon reflection -- i thought it was...

There is a fascinating 5 or 6 storey open-fronted place near wat pho... It may also be a trendy cafe i have heard of.... Anyone know pf it? It is--exempting the temples-- the most beautiful site from the river at that location ....

There is a nice restaurant overlooking the river near The Grand Palace, it's normally full of Thai's, reasonably priced and good food.

I cannot find the card with it's name, but if you were coming off the river boat, as you leave the pier walk half way through the food stalls, turn right and walk under an arch, don't let the navy guy put you off, it's also the entrance to the Navy Club, turn right after the arch and the restaurant is in front of you.

Very popular and very busy, try and get an outside table overlooking the river.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I agree with this place. Good food, but can be very crowded, and thus makes the staff a bit confused about which dish where. whistling.gif

• 1 month later...

Ahhhh.... It's exactly where--upon reflection -- i thought it was...

There is a fascinating 5 or 6 storey open-fronted place near wat pho... It may also be a trendy cafe i have heard of.... Anyone know pf it? It is--exempting the temples-- the most beautiful site from the river at that location ....

This is the Arun Residence restaurant. Astonishing and great cocktails.

Eat the all-day-breakfast duck roasted sandwich with a Torpedo. It is opposite Wat Pho.