Nokair Website

irishken

A child can be carried on as unchecked baggage provided that he or she weighs less than 7kg.

Not exactly conventional thinking - but can't find anything in the rules to say otherwise.

Carry on. (pun completely intended)

A child can be carried on as unchecked baggage provided that he or she weighs less than 7kg.

Not exactly conventional thinking - but can't find anything in the rules to say otherwise.

Carry on. (pun completely intended)

seems strange that you just show up.it could be any ones child you have with you

seems strange that you just show up.it could be any ones child you have with you

I would imagine that the identification documents for the accompanying child would be thoroughly checked at the counter - firstly to determine their age, and secondly to determine who they are (or vice versa)

Spoke to them about this last week, they said to just turn up. You will need documentation even if its an internal flight, standard procedure.

thanks mate,good to hear.i presume then that the infant will fly for free on my lap, no 10% like others airlines

Spoke to them about this last week, they said to just turn up. You will need documentation even if its an internal flight, standard procedure.

thanks mate,good to hear.i presume then that the infant will fly for free on my lap, no 10% like others airlines
From the Nokair website (link above

Only one baby can travel on your lap (free of charge)

Let us know how you go IrishKen - this sort of info always helps others down the track. Happy travels.

From the Nokair website (link above

>Only one baby can travel on your lap (free of charge)

Let us know how you go IrishKen - this sort of info always helps others down the track. Happy travels.

will do

Apparently no problem as a go-show, the surprising thing is that the total amount of infants is usually limited per flight for obvious safety purposes (life vests, oxygen masks) and would be surprising to be allowed to "double" the amount of passengers... But in domestic there is no obligation to follow int'l regulations...

Yes, just turn up. Nok Air are great with regards to infants. Thai airways you cannot book online but have to arrive early and go to their office etc etc - a real pain.

thats not good as ill be flying back from ubon to bkk(suvanabhumi) most likely with thai as ill be catching a flight to samui, does anyone know if thai will check my luggage all the way to samui on bangkok air flights. ubon - bkk with thai.. bkk to samui with bangkok air

i know they have a codeshare agreement

Edited by irishken

I see Nokair are offering only one flight a day BKK to Nakhon Phanom and too early for a same day connection between airports.

Also I see the Yak 7 has been replaced by a 737-800 which is a much bigger beast with triple the seats. I had hoped to treat my god daughter to her first flight for her birthday - and why not by the seat of her pants. I flew the Knock off Handley Page Herald / Fokker Friendship (via the knock off Ilyushin) last August and felt all that was missing was a parachute, having done 57 jumps from the HPH / FF. The 7373-800 has no magic but probably a fair trade off for an air safety record on note.