Chiangmai Fest International Music

daoyai

Just a reminder that the Chiang mai Fest opens tonight, saw them setting up yesterday, Looks to be some good international music....also Horeca will be selling import beer there, 3 kings monument, 8-10 March.

Edited by daoyai
  • Like 1

......it was fun last night, quite a variety of music, huge Indonesian angklang (?) band followed by Latin style rock, then a hybred ensemble with percussion, sax and an exotic sounding Cambodian singer..... then some way out there japanese sounds, finally the headliners, a mixed group of

African, south American, Turkish and European drummers. Little bit of rain but that only delayed the show a bit. The audience was very enthusiastic. They obviously spent quite a bit on the stage, sound and lighting, a few hotels had tents selling food and drinks. the festival continues tonight and Sunday.

Took the family last night. Big thumbs up, especially for Rachelle Plas & Drums United. Others were a bit MORish. Shame about the 2 idiots with the microphones yacking away between acts. Cheaper beer tent might have been a good idea. MEthinks the nearest 7-11 did well wink.png

One more night tonight.

• Like 1

Took the family last night. Big thumbs up, especially for Rachelle Plas & Drums United. Others were a bit MORish. Shame about the 2 idiots with the microphones yacking away between acts. Cheaper beer tent might have been a good idea. MEthinks the nearest 7-11 did well wink.png

One more night tonight.

+1 Big thumbs up

Rachelle Plas was excellent and so were Drums United. I also thought Emily Albert was very good too. The Japanese New Age Music duo was interesting but quite typical of Japanese New Age music.

The one woman yacking away between acts is the MC at every event in Chiang Mai. She must work for TAT or something. Actually her English is quite good but she can be annoying.

I never saw the Horeca booth selling imported beer as another reported. Beer Singha at 50 THB wasn't too bad. They were selling Corona for 150 THB per small bottle!

Good night out. Well worth it if you didn't make it yesterday or Friday.

One more night tonight.

+1 Big thumbs up

Rachelle Plas was excellent and so were Drums United. I also thought Emily Albert was very good too. The Japanese New Age Music duo was interesting but quite typical of Japanese New Age music.

The one woman yacking away between acts is the MC at every event in Chiang Mai. She must work for TAT or something. Actually her English is quite good but she can be annoying.

I never saw the Horeca booth selling imported beer as another reported. Beer Singha at 50 THB wasn't too bad. They were selling Corona for 150 THB per small bottle!

She needs to learn the difference between "15 seconds" & "15 minutes", The former she kept announcing would have been bearable.

I was quite happy the Horeca booth wasn't there. Would've been an expensive evening laugh.png

BTW where were the loos?

One more night tonight.

+1 Big thumbs up

She needs to learn the difference between "15 seconds" & "15 minutes", The former she kept announcing would have been bearable.

I was quite happy the Horeca booth wasn't there. Would've been an expensive evening laugh.png

BTW where were the loos?

The loos were at the temple across the street where the Buddha that is lying down is located. After a few beers myself I got to know the location quite well.laugh.png

...Big thumbs up, especially for Rachelle Plas ...

So that's who that was (confirmed just now on YouTube) . . . she and her band were great, yes. I stopped off for forty minutes or so on the way home from dinner and caught that much of their act, without knowing who they were . . . Back I go tonight! thumbsup.gif

So that's who that was (confirmed just now on YouTube) . . . she and her band were great, yes. I stopped off for forty minutes or so on the way home from dinner and caught that much of their act, without knowing who they were . . . Back I go tonight! thumbsup.gif

I think she's on earlier tonight. Check the programme.

I think she's on earlier tonight. Check the programme.

Actually, I"m more interested in checking out Drums United, the other band you liked, for a first time, than in seeing Rachelle a second time -- though she would be worth it! wink.png -- but your advice, that I check the programme, applies just as well in that case too. smile.png

I went Friday and Saturday thoroughly had a great time and some interesting music also, great to see many people enjoying themselves and the Indonesian ladies were a bit of a hit, did not see all the bands but whatI saw I enjoyed