New Car, Honda Or Toyota

depends on how long you want to wait? I personally would tend to the Honda but if the waiting time is twice of the Toyota? I ordered a Fortuner and when the waiting time in 2011 was extended again and again due to flooding I cancelled the order and bought a Chevrolet Captiva, readily available in just a week.

Yep, all-new model VIOS releases later this month.. but either way you're going to have a lengthy waiting list, as the new VIOS got a huge amount of first car buyer bookings at the last motorshow.

Edit: should also note that an all-new City will be released in H2 2013...

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

I think the City vs Vios choice boils down to personal preference, I'm not planning to sell my City but I bought it before eco-cars were released and there was only a City/Vios/Tida/Aveo choice for my budget. It depends on where and how you drive, I just do moderate city driving and were I to consider a new car, I'd look at the Amaze to see what that's like. Most people think they need much bigger cars than they really do.

I think the City vs Vios choice boils down to personal preference, I'm not planning to sell my City but I bought it before eco-cars were released and there was only a City/Vios/Tida/Aveo choice for my budget. It depends on where and how you drive, I just do moderate city driving and were I to consider a new car, I'd look at the Amaze to see what that's like. Most people think they need much bigger cars than they really do.

Last week near Bang Yai an accident a new on red plates Honda Amaze had run into the back of a Vios, the Amaze was in a bad way, oddly the Vios looked almost undamaged, sure would have driven away, no way would the Amaze drive was a lot shorter looked as if it had hit a big truck or concrete block

Last week near Bang Yai an accident a new on red plates Honda Amaze had run into the back of a Vios, the Amaze was in a bad way, oddly the Vios looked almost undamaged, sure would have driven away, no way would the Amaze drive was a lot shorter looked as if it had hit a big truck or concrete block

I suspect they use lighter gauge steel in all brands of those cheap new eco-cars to get the price down. More interesting would be the same accident between equally matched B segments (City vs. Vios).

I think the City vs Vios choice boils down to personal preference, I'm not plannin

I suspect they use lighter gauge steel in all brands of those cheap new eco-cars to get the price down. More interesting would be the same accident between equally matched B segments (City vs. Vios).

Sadists would probably think that even more interesting would be the same accident but this time the Amaze against a 4x4 pickup...

More to the point, most cars have crumple zones to the front (hence, in the frequent pileups I see on highways, the front is always badly damaged, even if the car in front has limited damage to the rear). This allows to dissipate the kinetic energy of the car.

This being said, as IMHO points out, the damage to those tiny metal boxes would be huge when confronted to a SUV or a pickup.

• Like 1