Lamb Shanks

Giggsy

Hello All,

My wife has expensive tastes. She is thai, however loves all things British. Can anyone tell me a restraunt where I can go to buy here decent sized Lamb Shanks at a good price. I live on the dark side, however the light side is not so scary. I am not quite in the Manhattans Bracket though....

Thankyou in advance.

The Golden Ferret on New Plaza, normally have Lamb Shanks (+veg, mash, gravy) on their specials board Fridays and Saturdays.

When on the specials board its 275 baht.

I (and the TeeRak) highly recommend it.

Much better than Punch & Judys, where I had Lamb Shanks once and was over 400 baht if I remember correctly.

I had one at the Coco restaurant (Jomtien) last weekend and it was perfect. Note there are new owners - Richard (ex Amour) has taken it over with his old chef so food is top class

Where is Coco please as I used to like the food at Amor once in a while?

Macro have frozen lamb shanks, pack of two around 320 baht also Maggs on Theprasit Road do a nice one in mint sauce, forget how much but it is the special once a week , 344 baht for three course dinner

Agree with Cherrys, I have seen Lamb Shanks on many menus around town. I cook them at home and pay about 300 baht for 2 decent sized ones.

Where from. Sounds a great price?

I buy mine at Friendship, but do notice recently they have been selling in packs of three which is a pain as when frozen they are difficult to separate, we only need 2 at a time.

Yes Cheers for that as it really is SO SO useful to Pattaya Residents

Bangkok residents apparently think nothing of driving two hours to Cha Am for a fairly mediocre breakfast http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/619916-best-breakfast-in-bangkok/page-2#entry6133127 or paying 400B for a full English nearer home so perhaps that explains it.

And all the while the same Bangkok residents dont realise that most of the best value food in Thailand is to be found here.

Agree with Cherrys, I have seen Lamb Shanks on many menus around town. I cook them at home and pay about 300 baht for 2 decent sized ones.

Where from. Sounds a great price?

I buy mine at Friendship, but do notice recently they have been selling in packs of three which is a pain as when frozen they are difficult to separate, we only need 2 at a time.

Macro has them in packs of two. I think 300 baht

• 6 months later...

I had one at the Coco restaurant (Jomtien) last weekend and it was perfect. Note there are new owners - Richard (ex Amour) has taken it over with his old chef so food is top class

Where is Coco please as I used to like the food at Amor once in a while?

Coco's is on Chaiyapreuk 1 about 50 meters down from Sukhumvit, towards the beach

Detailes and map on the web site: http://www.cocospattaya.com/

You can not go wrong with YaYa's diner on Khao Talo next to the visa shop. The lamb shanks there are great, as is most of the food they do. Try it.

Posts like this always make me laugh. it's assumed that you won't know where Ya Ya's is but because it's next door to that great landmark 'the visa shop' you will find it..EVERYONE knows the visa shop, surely!

Can someone tell me where Ya Ya's is on Talo, because shockingly enough I don't know the visa shop?

Makro now packs of three , depending on the weight they are around 350 baht, doing mine tomorrow in slow cooker with barley, leeks, carrots, onions and vegetable stock. Eat one and put the other two if freezer containers for another night!

You can not go wrong with YaYa's diner on Khao Talo next to the visa shop. The lamb shanks there are great, as is most of the food they do. Try it.

and the chips with curry sauce ain't bad

WHERE on Talo is this gaff?

As I stated earlier, to my shame, I don't know where this famous visa shop is?

and the chips with curry sauce ain't bad

WHERE on Talo is this gaff?

As I stated earlier, to my shame, I don't know where this famous visa shop is?

http://www.khaotalo.asia/en-US/article/details/236/ya-ya%27s-dark-side-diner

That's not a lot of good - shows the place in the middle of the railway road next to the Eastern Hotel. Anyone with any better directions ?

ok stand at the front of the Eastern hotel and look for the restaurant and its neighboring Visa shop on its left side as mentioned before in this thgread

the pioneer bar is its neighbour on its right side

anything else?

maybe GPS ?

post-81023-0-87461900-1379992956_thumb.j

post-81023-0-95362600-1379993277_thumb.j

Edited by blackman