So Now I Need A Visa - Little Help Needed

My plan is to come to Samui in the beginning of august and stay on a tourist visa for almost 9 months. I believe this is possible with a triple entry visa and i will apply for it at the Thai consulate in Amsterdam.

Let's say i want to fly out on the 1st of august to Bangkok. Does the consulate require a return ticket or is a ticket out of Thailand sufficient?

According to the website of the Thai consulate I'm going to need proof that i will be leaving Thailand 3 times within 6 months. Does it matter forr which dates i book these tickets? I'm, planning on buying some cheap low-cost tickets. And what are the requirements of extending a tourist visa?

I have to do the visa run anyway so my plan is to book the first in- and out of Thailand ticket for the end of october, after my first three months. Then also one for the end of january, close to the end of the six months. And then the cheapest return ticket i can find on any given date, to prove that i will be leaving thailand 3 times in six months.

Do you guys think it will work like this?

In short:a triple entry visa with 3 return tickets, considering a triple extension of the 60 days to 90 days.

Are you sure the embassy needs all your tickets? I know some do (India for example) but not heard about one in Europe.

If they don't you can do border hops by road, cheaper smile.png

Investigate getting your visa from Hull in the UK, they will deal with EU countries (check with them first) and have less rigorous constraints.

EDIT I don't see the requirement for all flights on the Amsterdam embassy website, but I do see that they're not doing 3 entry TVs at present :(

Are you sure the embassy needs all your tickets? I know some do (India for example) but not heard about one in Europe.

If they don't you can do border hops by road, cheaper smile.png

Investigate getting your visa from Hull in the UK, they will deal with EU countries (check with them first) and have less rigorous constraints.

From the Thai consulate website in Amsterdam: Let op : Tourist Visa met 3 entries mag momenteel wel worden uitgegeven, hiervoor komt u in aanmerking indien u kunt aantonen d.m.v. uw vluchtgegevens dat u binnen 6 maanden 3 keer Thailand binnen zal gaan komen

Translates as: Attention: Tourist visa with triple entry can be supplied, you are eligible if you can prove with your flight data that you will leave Thailand 3 times in 6 months.

Do i need to go to Hull in person to get the visa? And isnt it strange for them to ask for a visa there when i'm a dutch resident?

I can only read the English website which currently notes

Note : Tourist Visa with 3 entries may not be provided at the moment !

:(

No you don't need to go to Hull in person, they have had no issues in the past dealing with EU residents, as I said, do email them first to ensure they can still do.

I can only read the English website which currently notes

Note : Tourist Visa with 3 entries may not be provided at the moment !

sad.png

No you don't need to go to Hull in person, they have had no issues in the past dealing with EU residents, as I said, do email them first to ensure they can still do.

The Hull consulate website says a triple entry is possible for 75 quid. I'm gonna e-mail them to see if this is possible. Thanks for telling me.

When do i need to apply for the visa when i want to fly on the 1st of august?