Helmet Bluetooth Recommendations

dvdlock

Hi,

I have searched a lot of threads but not come up with the answer I was looking for.

I am looking for a Helmet Bluetooth set that can be used just for connecting to my phone and to a GPS (at the same time of course).

I don't want or need any form of intercom so don't really want to be paying for a set that has that facility.

Appreciate any info, advice or opinions on what's currently available and suitable.

Thanks.

I think Cardo are the best.

Thanks. Had look at their site. The solo would be the right choice but a bit pricey.

Take alook at Ebay.

Also this just showed up mintes ago http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/608008-bluetooth-helm-set-for-sale/

Good idea, I'll look at ebay.

That post you linked to was me asking if the item was still available :-)

Thanks again.

Jabra clipper

Thanks, don't really fancy having to use buds though.

But you will have to use some kind of headphone. If you don't like buds than connect some "external" speakers. E.g. these cheap Asaki. I mount them with velcro inside my helmet and connct them with my Jabra. This combination is not perfect, but OK for occasional use.

a-k104mp-slider-01.jpg

Jabra clipper

But you will have to use some kind of headphone. If you don't like buds than connect some "external" speakers. E.g. these cheap Asaki. I mount them with velcro inside my helmet and connct them with my Jabra. This combination is not perfect, but OK for occasional use.

That's not a bad idea. I'm sure small speakers would easily fit in the padding. How did you deal with the mic.

Jabra clipper

That's not a bad idea. I'm sure small speakers would easily fit in the padding. How did you deal with the mic.

But buds in the ear are much louder. And much better sound quality. But i don't like the feeling while wearing a helmet. Maybe more ergonomic buds would be OK.

I don't use the mic. If i ride i ride. No need for phone calls. Just music and/or GPS voices in my ears biggrin.png

IIRC i once tried a phone call with my Jabra STREET2 clamped under the chin padding of the helmet and it worked. Just make sure the small mic hole isn't covered. But i never tried it while riding. I guess it will be too noisy. But where to mount a decent mic in the helmet? No space in the chin area anyway imo.

These whole Bluetooth toy set isn't really practical for everyday use. You will have to load battery every few hours. Just be warned not to expect too much comfort from it.

I actually have the Cardo mounted into a open face Real Helmet. The speakers mount with velcro in the helmet and the mic just fits on the helmet with a clamp.Everything can be removed within seconds and then mounted in another helmet.

I have answered phone calls while driving over 100 Km/h without a problem, but for me the major use is listening to music and getting the voice commands from the gps on longer trips.

These whole Bluetooth toy set isn't really practical for everyday use. You will have to load battery every few hours. Just be warned not to expect too much comfort from it.

The Cardo battery last more than 10 hours while continous playing music, however after 6-7 hours it hasn't enough power anymore to answer a phone call.

To solve this problem I have a second battery connected which is mounted outside of the control unit.That way I have double the battery capacity and can drive from dawn till dusk without any worries.

the absolut best one is the Bluetooth Helmet Set 201from www.motorbike-communication.com

Hi,

Another pretty expensive solution though.

I think I may go for the Cardo Scala Rider Solo. Looks like I can pick one up on ebay for GBP60 + a bit of postage.

Thanks everyone for your help.

the absolut best one is the Bluetooth Helmet Set 201from www.motorbike-communication.com

Hi,

I think I may go for the Cardo Scala Rider Solo. Looks like I can pick one up on ebay for GBP60 + a bit of postage.

Seems like a good decision. Do not forget to write a test report here once you got the Cardo Scala Rider Solo :)

Hi,

Seems like a good decision. Do not forget to write a test report here once you got the Cardo Scala Rider Solo :)

Yep, I'll do that.

• Like 1