Visa From Holland

The same options you had before - visa exempt - tourist visa - non immigrant O visa (but that may require marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card/home register). If you were on an extension of stay it is lost and you will need a new non immigrant entry at some point to apply again.

Not for me, for someone else.

He was on marriage visa prior to departure, but forgot the re entry due to an emergency.

They are saying he needs to show cash in the bank and all that over there to get an imm o again so that he can come back and go reapply for the marriage one again at some point over that 12 months

All he needs is a single entry non immigrant O visa and there should not be any financial requirement for that and then he can extend 60 days after entry if he financially qualifies. He can also enter on a tourist visa and when he has the financials in place change inside Thailand to a non immigrant visa entry of 90 days for 2,000 baht (but would probably have to do in Bangkok). He could also do that from a 30 day visa exempt entry during first several weeks.

Told him all of that....but maybe lost in translations.......but he said they are insisting on financial proof over there before they will issue the non o......but I told him that should not be a requirement and regardless, he should be able to get a longer than normal stay because of family etc, he has the documents with him, marriage and child etc......and then just go and apply to get his marriage visa again once here....no biggy....just a bit of mucking about.

Thanks for info anyway.

It sounds as if he was asking for a one year visa - and they might ask more for that - but they should not for single entry and he could try another Consulate if he does not like the answer from one - should be able to get anywhere in the EU or even near here - Savannakhet does not even require for one year visa. As this is not a workday expect he has not asked Consulate since we started this discussion. A single entry is all he needs and should be available.

He could come back on a 30 day visa exemption, and convert it in-country.

No He needs a Non-O visa.

Conversion can not done in country for extensions based on marriage even when they forgot the re-entry permit.

( unless you have a very forgiving officer ) smile.png

He could come back on a 30 day visa exemption, and convert it in-country.

No He needs a Non-O visa.

Conversion can not done in country for extensions based on marriage even when they forgot the re-entry permit.

( unless you have a very forgiving officer ) smile.png

You can only convert in Thailand itself, but can normally only convert in Bangkok if based on marriage to a Thai.

Arriving without a visa means you might need a ticket out of the country within 30 days, so best to simply get a non-O visa to start with.

You can always convert in Bangkok if your local immigration refuses to do so and you meet the financial qualifications (without seasoning required). You then do the actual extension of stay at your local office 60 days later.

You can always convert in Bangkok if your local immigration refuses to do so and you meet the financial qualifications (without seasoning required). You then do the actual extension of stay at your local office 60 days later.

Sorry i forgot about Bangkok.

I suspect he is talking to the embassy in the Hague not the honorary consulate in Amsterdam.

He should make it clear to them he only wants a single entry non-o based upon marriage.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

I suspect is talking to the embassy in the Hague not the honorary consulate in Amsterdam.

He should make it clear to them he only wants a single entry non-o based upon marriage.

The naming in Amsterdam for the consulate is : General consulate , not Honorary Consulate , if this is important , and the money/ income is on site for a 1 year , 1250€ /month

http://www.thaiconsulate-amsterdam.org/

This should be the English version link :

http://www.thaiconsulate-amsterdam.org/uk/

Edited by david555

It is not an official Thai consulate which would have Thai employees.

Honorary consulates are often call consulate generals.

I cannot find any requirement for the financial you mentioned which I suspect are only for retirement.

It is not an official Thai consulate which would have Thai employees.

Honorary consulates are often call consulate generals.

I cannot find any requirement for the financial you mentioned which I suspect are only for retirement.

go to visa on left side , after that they show all the different visa requirements

this must be it ;http://www.thaiconsulate-amsterdam.org/uk/page3/page3.html

forgot there is a further clicking one on page for requirements:http://www.thaiconsulate-amsterdam.org/uk/page7/page7.html

Edited by david555

The consulate webiste states that an income of 1250 Euro is needed for a non-O visa based on retirement, no income requirements for based on marriage or having a Thai child.

Nice of the consulate to refer to Thaivisa on their webiste for more information.

Edit:

The Dutch language version states the same, but gives the additional information that if your income is not sufficient you can make up the difference with savings in the bank.

Edited by Mario2008

The consulate webiste states that an income of 1250 Euro is needed for a non-O visa based on retirement, no income requirements for based on marriage or having a Thai child.

Nice of the consulate to refer to Thaivisa on their webiste for more information.

Edit:

The Dutch language version states the same, but gives the additional information that if your income is not sufficient you can make up the difference with savings in the bank.

Nice of the consulate to refer to Thaivisa on their webiste for more information

yes they are reading with thumbsup.gif ,"sick.gif they are amongst us"

Edited by david555