Eurasian Children Excellent At School With Older Foreign Fathers!?!?

Chittychangchang

An open question to all members who are have children with a Thai partner/spouse...........

Do you find that children who have a middle age foreign dad benefit from the experience and time their father can provide in Thailand or anywhere else in the world where their Thai spouse resides?

The reasoning behind my question is that most men who come to Thailand and marry in their middle ages have money and time to spare. They are mostly educated and sincerly want a traditional family, hard to find in the west!

Hence they are able and willing to spend considerable more time than the younger, financially aquiring fathers who spend their 20's working their fingers to the bone providing and missing out on their children growing up.

What are your views?

Tell me more about these middle-aged Farang men with money to spare. Time - sure. Time to start threads on TV saying 'Help ! The pound just dropped another penny and I'm going to have to move the entire family to Cambodia ! Please come with me !' .....

The mythical fathers you speak of live in Singapore, and I'm guessing they have wheelbarrows full of the local currency. Given that I saw one house advertised on an expat forum at 30K SGD per month, I expect they need wheelbarrows full of the local currency ...... ;)

Considering Eurasia is a land mass which is much of the continents on Europe and Asia, then thats a lot of pupils your talking about. However I believe it is mixed race children you are referring to.

Untimely it could make a difference having a dad with time on their hand to be there for the child. But then there are some with time but still dont bother, and some with no time, but make every effort to help when possible. Doesnt take a genius to know that it would always benefit a child to have parents interested in their schooling. But a fair point well made.

Or maybe with time on their hands they can actually teach their kids much more at home of things that really matter such as maths/English than " being Thai" as many of the kids dont have to start school until much older than in " the West" and miss out on the most important learning time in life?

Most of the kids who excel at my kids' school don't have Western surnames.

My kids excel academically partly because their mother drives them hard, and she understands the curriculum.

So academically, I don't agree with the OP's proposition.

On the other hand, they (mixed-race children) do seem to do well in the rugby team. Can't comment about other sports.

SC