90 Day Reporting.

This is not exactly a new topic, I have read it all the time in Thaivisa, my own Farang friends says it is the case. What am I on about? I know it is in the rules that you can do your'e 90 day reporting at any immigration office in Thailand. I tried to do my 90 day report at Nakhon Sawan Immigration. The officer told me I must go to my own Province Immigration, I told the officer I am allowed to do my 90 day reporting at any Immigration office in Thailand, she then got someone else to see me who I presume was the boss.

She then told me the same thing, I told her my home was much nearer here than the Immigration office in my own Province. She said it doesn't matter, I must go to my own Province. Was I just unlucky? I have read Thaivisa often enough to know I can go to any Immigration office in Thailand. Did two officers got out of bed on the wrong side, or have rows with their husbands. I have said in a few of my posts that officers should go by the countrys rules and not have the power to make up their own rules.

I have lived in Thailand long enough to know that it would be a waste of time reporting this. What do other posters think?

I really do not know what you have been reading as the procedure is that you do 90 day reporting in the province immigration office of your extensions of stay and we repeatedly answer such questions with that information.

I really do not know what you have been reading as the procedure is that you do 90 day reporting in the province immigration office of your extensions of stay and we repeatedly answer such questions with that information.

I have a question regarding this. If you are out of your province for an extended period such as on holiday do you still have to report at your provincial office? Reason I ask is a CM member indicated he reported in Pattaya as he was on holiday with no problem. Perhaps that is where the confusion is?

I done the same thing in Korat instead of Pattaya where I usually stayed.. They said I cannot put Pattaya Address on the TM47, they gave me a new form and said to put why wife's address in Korat on it.. No other documents and in/out in minutes.

Some offices will allow but most reports I have seen are of the negative nature (but that might just be because they are more likely to be reported). Most places have allowed mail reporting so it was not an issue if able to do that.

If you change your address or stay in the province over 24 hours, I think that you a supposed to file a TM28 form. (I don't think anybody does it) If you file that form showing that you are now staying in the province why shouldn't you be able to do the 90 day report there even at the same time, you are now staying in their province and your 90 day report is due. I received my first retirement extension in Korat, but I made my first 90 day report in Nakhon Sawan and have done that ever since. I never filed a TM28, but the address on the TM47 was an address in Nakhon Sawan Province. I think that the key is that the address on the TM47 form is an address that is in that immigration office's jurisdiction.

• Like 2

If you go abroad and your 90 days date

Is while you are out of Thailand !

What are you suppose to do ?

Once you exit Thailand the 90 day clock is reset and not started again until you re-enter the country.

I done the same thing in Korat instead of Pattaya where I usually stayed.. They said I cannot put Pattaya Address on the TM47, they gave me a new form and said to put why wife's address in Korat on it.. No other documents and in/out in minutes.

I am just about to do something similar. Normally live in Phuket but will be reporting to Khon Kaen next week. Missus phoned them up and they said no problem - will see. Will report back next week as to how I go or else may just have to keep on driving up the road to Vientiane, much cheaper than returning to Phuket.

There is a time frame of 15 days before till 7 days after.

But if you report by mail, BKK for instance insist that you send it AT LEAST 15 days before, while others insist you can only report by mail if you mail it before the due date. if after you have to report in person or have someone else report for you.

In otherwords, the specifics depend on your local office.

whistling.gif In general you must do your 90 day reporting in the same immigration office as you filled your extension....where you got your retirement visa/extension or marriage visa/extension.

Some offices may allow you to do a 90 day reporting in their area IF you are actually living in their area, but this is unusual.

If you do move your home, and you want to start 90 day reporting from your new area, there is a form you submit to that local immigration changing your residential address.

Then you can do 90 day reporting at your new residential address, and that area.

90 day reporting is intended to be for you to report to the area office your residence is in.

Once you exit Thailand the 90 day clock is reset and not started again until you re-enter the country.

---------------------

If you are on 90 day reporting you get an exit re-entry permit before you leave Thailand.

It is 1000 baht for a single or 3800 for a multi entry permit .... a multi entry is good for the term of your extension.

Then when you re-enter Thailand this restarts your 90 day clock, and you must do your next 90 day report 90 days after you re-enter Thailand.

I did a trip to Vietnam in December, and I am now on a new 90 day reporting schedule for 28 March 2012 becuse of that trip and re-setting my 90 day clock when I retirned to Thailand.

You get a exit re-entry visa at your local immigration before you leave Thailand which keeps your visa/extension valid while you are out of Thailand.

• Like 1

I am just about to do something similar. Normally live in Phuket but will be reporting to Khon Kaen next week. Missus phoned them up and they said no problem - will see. Will report back next week as to how I go or else may just have to keep on driving up the road to Vientiane, much cheaper than returning to Phuket.

If you file a

If you file a TM28 form at the same time reporting that you are now living in Khon Kaen and put the Khon Kaen address on the TM47 form I think you should be okay. If you put the Phuket address on the form you might have a problem.

If you change your address or stay in the province over 24 hours, I think that you a supposed to file a TM28 form. (I don't think anybody does it) If you file that form showing that you are now staying in the province why shouldn't you be able to do the 90 day report there even at the same time, you are now staying in their province and your 90 day report is due. I received my first retirement extension in Korat, but I made my first 90 day report in Nakhon Sawan and have done that ever since. I never filed a TM28, but the address on the TM47 was an address in Nakhon Sawan Province. I think that the key is that the address on the TM47 form is an address that is in that immigration office's jurisdiction.

That's exactly it Wayned, under the offices durisdiction, that means they make up their own rules. Another case of This Is Thailand.

So Lopburi3, I have read your'e answers to many of the posters over the last few months, and you always seem to get it right. I will just do it next time by post, but there has been cases where posters have said you can do your'e 90 reporting at any Immigration office in Thailand. Thanks again.

I have a question regarding this. If you are out of your province for an extended period such as on holiday do you still have to report at your provincial office? Reason I ask is a CM member indicated he reported in Pattaya as he was on holiday with no problem. Perhaps that is where the confusion is?

So it seems it's OK to do your'e reporting in another Province if you are on holiday. Thanks Tywais.

Some offices will allow but most reports I have seen are of the negative nature (but that might just be because they are more likely to be reported). Most places have allowed mail reporting so it was not an issue if able to do that.

It's just like I've always said Lopburi3, Each Immigration office goes by their own rules, it's just another case of give a Thai a uniform and----.

Should you not get a re entry permit when you leave the country, so you don't have to start all over again when you return?

There is a time frame of 15 days before till 7 days after.

But if you report by mail, BKK for instance insist that you send it AT LEAST 15 days before, while others insist you can only report by mail if you mail it before the due date. if after you have to report in person or have someone else report for you.

In otherwords, the specifics depend on your local office.

Another example of what I said Mario, each IO office makes up it's own rules. TIT.

I live in Pattaya and do my reporting in BKK with my Pattaya address.

Thank you .x x x . . so much to learn ! ! I wonder if there is a Book even better a downloadable Ebook ! About the Immigration game ehh I mean rules . . .

---------------------

If you are on 90 day reporting you get an exit re-entry permit before you leave Thailand.

It is 1000 baht for a single or 3800 for a multi entry permit .... a multi entry is good for the term of your extension.

Then when you re-enter Thailand this restarts your 90 day clock, and you must do your next 90 day report 90 days after you re-enter Thailand.

I did a trip to Vietnam in December, and I am now on a new 90 day reporting schedule for 28 March 2012 becuse of that trip and re-setting my 90 day clock when I retirned to Thailand.

You get a exit re-entry visa at your local immigration before you leave Thailand which keeps your visa/extension valid while you are out of Thailand.

I have a Non Immigrant O - A 1YEAR VISA (since 13 feb 2013 ) Issued in Thai embassy abroad

( my first 90 days will be on the 3 of June )

It sais No. of Entry M ! must be multiple

Do I still have to go to the Immigration and get a exit re-entry visa ? ? ? ?

I am planing to exit Thailand in 10 days and return in 3 or 4 weeks

( another question arises ! leaving for medical reasons and I do not know the exact date of returning to Thailand

is that a problem ? )

Thank you all for your Help . . . .

You do have a one year permitted to stay on your current entry? ((trying to make sure of the visa you have)). If you do and the visa is marked "M" for multi entry any entry before the expiration date on the visa sticker will get you a new one year stay from that date of entry.

Please tell me this is a mistake. Surely no one in the Thai government ever had the brilliant idea to require reporting if a person is in an area (outside their reporting province) for 24 hours. 24 days, maybe but 24 hours absolutely insane.

Any rule or law that's allowed to remain on a book and go unenforced is a "waste of precious and valuable"

bureaucratic time. 555

IMHO if a 90 day reporting can be done by mail, I can think of no reason a person shouldn't be able to go to any Imm. office. Heck, just drop off the forms in an envelop for posting if nothing else. At least have the paperwork in the hands of the government.

It is section 37 of Immigration Act B.E. 2522

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the
following :
2. Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason
that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official
of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place.
3. Shall notify the police official of the local police station where such alien resides, within twenty
– four hours from the time of arrival. In the case of change in residence in which new residence is not
located the same area with the former police stations , such alien must notify the police official of the
police station for that area within twenty – four hours from the time of arrival.
4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such
alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time
of arrival.

Well I went off to Khon Kaen Immigration today and what a pleasant surprise. Put my Maha Sarakham address on the form but in discussion told them I lived both here and in Phuket. No problem and was out the door soon after with stamped form.

Whole process from walking in the door and out again maximum 5 mins. Maybe having my 2 year old daughter with helped as the female officer was all over her for the duration.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Thanks, Leo. My retirement visa extension and previous 90 day reporting have been done in my home province, Nakohn Si Thammarat. I have to travel to Phuket on a rush, for 5 days. My 90 day expires before I return to NST. . I have a 2nd home on Phuket. Can i put my Phuket address on TM47 forms for my wife and I and report at Phuket immigration? Any advice if I should bring some supporting paperwork (note, I cannot present my Blue book, as it was mistakenly issued to the land holding company - so there is no name displayed in there. I do have a purchase agreementg for the house in my name - will that suffice? My bill is screwed up as well - not in my name. I do have UBC/3BB and TOT bills in my name. A quick answer would be really appreciated. I leave for Phuket AM tomorrow - or am I forced to make a mad rush to the Immigration office at NST office today?