Weird Forum Symptoms

Khonwan

I am
experiencing two recent and persistent problems with the forum in recent days.

1. I always draft my posts in Word then
    copy & paste. This has worked for 7 years but is now screwed up on every occasion
    in the past week or two, requiring me to clear unwanted spacing before submitting
    my post.

1. I usually prefer to surf the forum
    whilst not signed in. In the past 2 or 3 days I have signed out only to find
    myself signed in upon clicking on another thread; I again sign out, try
    clicking through a couple of pages verifying I’m still signed out then click on
    to yet another page and find myself again signed in.

What’s
going on?

PS I've deliberately left the above as is after pasting from Word (where it was formatted correctly); this PS has been added after pasting. The difference will be obvious to all and sundry.

I wasn’t aware of that button – I guess I must have toggled it in error. Happy to report also that I’ve not been automatically signed back in again after signing off an hour ago; still don’t understand how that was happening though…unless I’m losing my marbles!

• Like 1

The automatic sign-ins are still happening. I woke my PC up yesterday morning to find myself signed-in having signed-out the night before. I signed-out again then left early for a business trip without my PC. Came back this evening and have been reading TV for over an hour whilst signed-out (I checked the status at the top right hand side constantly) but as soon as I clicked on to this forum support section to check this thread, I saw that I am once again signed-in. I have definitely not signed-in yet, despite not leaving my PC unattended, I find myself signed-in. If this is not happening to anyone else, is it possible that my PC is doing it by itself via a virus? I’m using Windows XP, Firefox 19.0.2, and am running ESET Smart Security 6.

George, I was signed-in all yesterday since I had an active topic on the go so couldn't test your solution properly, i.e over a reasonable time; signed-out last night and found myself signed –in again this morning despite having cleared the ThaiVisa cookie as per your advice. Signed-out again this morning and have been away from home all day (leaving the house empty and the PC left on), just returning minutes ago: the website still showed me as signed-out until I clicked to return to the main forum menu whereupon I immediately found myself once again signed-in despite not physically doing so.

Any further ideas?

I am still flicking between myself and my anonymous self.

Wish i could post anonymously sometimes!

Any ideas please?

No need - you are anonymous to me!

Haha.....I mean the sign in thing.

Edit: Apologies OP....I see you are describing a different issue.

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

Okay, done that now, thanks. I'll let you know tomorrow if it has worked - seems logical that it should.

George, I had to follow-up upon unchecking the box with deletion of the ThaiVisa cokies again but this has now totally resolved the issue, thanks.

• Like 1

Okay, done that now, thanks. I'll let you know tomorrow if it has worked - seems logical that it should.

George, I had to follow-up upon unchecking the box with deletion of the ThaiVisa cokies again but this has now totally resolved the issue, thanks.

Great to hear.

Cheers!

Too lazy to open a new topic, but for the past few days, and especially today the TV site is down maybe 10 times a day. Only for maybe 5 minutes but it's down and all other sites load normal at the same time.

Also had issues today that likes wouldn't work for about 30 minutes.

I guess that latest software update wasn't really a deal breaker.

Two posts I just typed got truncated.

By truncating meaning that it took me about 10 mins to type each post and during the posts the auto saving function appeared to work.

When I posted ... less then half the text appeared.

We had a capacity issue a few times today. Issue is resolved now.

Don't think that the issue is resolved. It's up then down then up again. When I get the "OOPS" message and try to ping, there is no connectivity. 2 minutes later it's okay. I'm in Thailand. I was trying to load one of the forum post and it was taking forever, so I pinged. ping was 5555 ms, was it laughing at me? This happens frequently all day and even in the middle of the night.