Where Can I Buy A Yamaha 125 Ybr

DrAzTiK

Hello guys,

I am in France and currently I am trying to get my driving liscence. I hope to come back to Chiang Mai next mont and surely buy a Yamaha 125 YBR. (125 rules!) Humm , I am not sure about buy a new one or a second hand.

Can you tell me if this bike is easily avaible in Thailand and especially in Chiang Mai ?

And please, do you have some advices about insurance and how to buy legally a new bike in Thailand ?

Thank you :)

The Indian built Yamaha YBR 125 is not available in Thailand, you can import one relatively easy, still it would be more expensive than a Honda CBR150R.

You can also try to get a Malaysian built Yamaha FZ150i, which is equipped with a modern 150cc DOHC 4-valve, liquid-cooled engine with fuel-injection. The FZ150i is easily capable to pass the strict Thai exhaust emission… See http://www.yamaha-motor.com.my/product.aspx?id=4

Importing a Indian or Malaysia build 125cc motorcycle is relatively easy, still the environmental testing needed to get the motorcycle officially registered will cost you about 20,000 THB.

Maybe I will look more closely about the CBR150, she looks sexy but if it's not the motorcircle of my dreams... (I prefer trails or roadsters)

finding parts and service for ybr125 or fz150 might be a little hard though.

Yes, I don't want to get bored if I have mechanicals problems...

Thank you guys,

Edited by DrAzTiK