Toyota Fortuner English Handbook.possible?

My Vigo car dealer in Chiang Mai(Niyom) also can't be bothered, so i'm wondering is there a soft copy or acrobat type file, otherwise i can only understand the pictures in the Thai version.

I got Fortuna english version from Chiangmai (Niyom) for 280B, maybe I am just lucky. :o

Toyota are slow with the service for English documentation , do not take no for an answer ..Thailand is the printing Hub for the English documents chase email Toyota , and you will get one !!! Honda was another matter they supplied it with the car no hassel .

When I bought my Fortuner in Khon Kaen I was also told there was no English Manual. :o

I will chase them up when I get back from work, they need some papers from me as they are selling my Pick-up that they bought part exchange, but need a residence address paper from immigration from me, i will do a trade with them! :D

Can I gate crash?

Bought my Ford Escape in 2004, asked dealer for English manual, 2 years later still waiting.

Still don't know what half the controls do! :o

Not sure that the Thaias do either. I've got several to read the Thai manual, and then expain to me - in Thai - but they just look at me, stare, and change the subject.

Anyone know of an English handbook available for this model?

BTW How's the Fortuna? Thinking of changing my Escape for a Fortuna - maybe next year. :D

BTW How's the Fortuna? Thinking of changing my Escape for a Fortuna - maybe next year. :o

I think Fortunas are great , excellent value, powerful, spacious, Hi riding, smooth and pretty quiet for a diesel, neat leather interior, good stock sound system.

I had a Toyota Tiger 4WD before the Fortuner, I was always thinking about buying a Fortuner someday, then I test drove one in Khon Kaen, wow, what a difference, I was hooked, I picked up a brand new one the very next day.

Mobi, I don't think you can get a test drive in Pattaya, might be worth keeping an eye open for Toyota dealers that do have a test drive Fortuner.

Go for it mate, great value motors. :D

BTW How's the Fortuna? Thinking of changing my Escape for a Fortuna - maybe next year. :o

I think Fortunas are great , excellent value, powerful, spacious, Hi riding, smooth and pretty quiet for a diesel, neat leather interior, good stock sound system.

I had a Toyota Tiger 4WD before the Fortuner, I was always thinking about buying a Fortuner someday, then I test drove one in Khon Kaen, wow, what a difference, I was hooked, I picked up a brand new one the very next day.

Mobi, I don't think you can get a test drive in Pattaya, might be worth keeping an eye open for Toyota dealers that do have a test drive Fortuner.

Go for it mate, great value motors. :D

I agree ..Fantastic car really enjoying it.Have been on to Toyota customer services re handbook and hopefully will now get some results.Will keep you posted..cheers

When I bought my Fortuner in Khon Kaen I was also told there was no English Manual. :o

:D:D:D

When I ordered my Fortuner I had 4-5 'extras' thrown in. One was an English manual. I made them write the extras into the contract. I got the manual with the car.

BTW.....Fortuner has been great I love it. Perfect car for Thailand IMO. :D

I got an English manual when I bought my Vigo and it came in a bag with a part number on it!

They are being lazy! Get up 'em, you paid a lot of money for your car and they can get you one just the same as any part, I wish I could give you the part number but I threw it out....

I got an English manual when I bought my Vigo and it came in a bag with a part number on it!

They are being lazy! Get up 'em, you paid a lot of money for your car and they can get you one just the same as any part, I wish I could give you the part number but I threw it out....

Looks like customer services at Toyota did the trick,have emailed them and phoned re the problems some farang are experiencing.Later had a call from the dealer to say he had been on to head office and ordered an English handbook for me,was that not thoughtful of him.Obviously head office had been on to the dealer.Anyhow my handbook is on it's way.Will post the customer relations Email address and phone number when I find it again.Cheers :o

Will post the customer relations Email address and phone number when I find it again.Cheers :o

Good man, I will also be in touch with them when you give the address. :D

OK. The Toyota Customer Relations dept. can be reached on [email protected] telephone no. 02386 2000.I think it would be useful to email a complaint to them as well,may make it easier for future farang, Toyota buyers .Good luck :D

Will post the customer relations Email address and phone number when I find it again.Cheers :o

Good man, I will also be in touch with them when you give the address. :D

OK. The Toyota Customer Relations dept. can be reached on [email protected] telephone no. 02386 2000.I think it would be useful to email a complaint to them as well,may make it easier for future farang, Toyota buyers .Good luck :D

Thanks Pete, I will e-mail them today. :D

Just got an English version through teh post today from teh place I bought my Fortuner from. :o

(Had to pay no extra, and arrived 3 days after asking for it)

Details from the back are:

"Publication Number. OM99897EDOME

2nd Printed, September 2005

TOYOTA MOTOR THAILAND CO,.LTD

186/1 Mu 1, Oldrailway Rd., Samrong Tai,

A. Phrapradaeng, Samutprakarn 10130

Tel. 0-2386-1000"

Hope this helps.