Bees - Help

seonai

Does anyone know much about Thai bees? I am dead scared of them an my house has now become a campsite for holidaying bees!!!! Black ones in two parts with yellow legs, brown torpedo ones, green ones that hover like that Jewish character in Star Wars, yellow thin ones, black and white ones.......

All of them seem to be trying to get inside the old wood of the house to lay a nest or something. Only the black ones in two parts make an intricate nest hanging from the ceiling.

The problem is me - they make nests in the bathroom, bedrooms and all other rooms. They even tryin my computer!!

I'm scared to go to the loo when one's in there and I feel invaded in my own house.

Helpful comment on how dangerous they are and maybe how to get rid of them welcomed.

My husband says they are lucky!!!!!!

Edited by seonai

I love bees.

I used to keep them when I was a boy, much to the bemusement of my father who could never understand why a small boy might like bees. They are fascinating in the extreme and asian bees are not dangerous unless you have an allergy to their sting.

My wife had cottoned on that I plan to keep bees when we eventually settle in one place, she's not keen on the idea, so I'm planning to fence of a part of the bottom field to make it a "wife no go area".... Curiosity will get the better of her I know, but it'll be too late by then, she'sll balk at killing them...

If your bees a real problem then you probably need to consider getting a bug sprayer or pest removal company to come and clear them out.

Sad really, they're only bees. :o

So they won't 'go for me' when I walk close to them? People have scared me and said not to move quickly etc. And this is my house. In the garden and countryside I understand but I feel scared to go to parts of the house.

I don't want to kill them either GuestHouse.

Dangerous

from swallow bump and pain ... till anaphylactic shock if you get allergy with it

in TH when we wanna chase bee , we smoke it (as burn coconut skin)

Pheung Laung ผึ้งหลวง(Apis dorsata)

Ad2.jpg

s15-7-m.jpg

Queen - worker bee -male bee

Pheung Mim ผึ้งมิ้ม (Apis florea)

s15-8-1-m.jpg

Queen - worker bee -male bee

Pheung Mim Lek ผึ้งมิ้มเล็ก(Apis andreniformis)

Aan3.jpg

s15-8-2-m.jpg

Pheung leang /Phung Phun/Pheung Farang ผึ้งเลี้ยง ,ผึ้งพันธุ์(Apis mellifera)

Am1.jpg

s15-9-1-m.jpg

Only the black ones in two parts make an intricate nest hanging from the ceiling.

That sounds more like a wasp than a bee...

seems they are setting up a new nest.....lots of insecticide (surface spray) or get an expert in...

I hate the buggers...never been stung and dont want to be.... :o

Most bee stings are not a problem (unless you have an allergy) but wasp stings, if some of them are wasps, can be dangerous for anyone. I have been stung by both and the difference is unbelievable. Also, if you have that many, it does really sound like you have to rid of them. You might need to hire a pro.

Shame really, I love bees.

I have a nest the size of 2 cricket balls right outside my back door :D

however I am not bothered, only a few at a time go off on "sorties" I never even noticed it before .

It must have been there some considerable time and they have not bothered us.

So we are just gonna leave 'em BEE :D

They will go in their own time- they dont want to hurt us do they?

I would however be a lot more concerned if they were in the house, but we have Mozzie nets, and always keep all the doors closed the odd one gets in now and then but thats to be expected, we open a door when it is heading in the right direction and off it goes back to MUMMY :o

I have been stung loads of times over the years, and never had any reaction, that was until a couple of years ago.

I was driving a lorry up to Birmingham on a night job, middle of summer and really hot. I had just finished eating an apple and i went to put it in a old plastic coffee cup that had been left in the lorry, put my fingers in the cup, and felt a severe pain between my fingers. Almost crashed the lorry. :o

Was in loads of pain in my arm drivng up to Brum, got there about 1 hour later, and by the time i had got there, my hand was already twice its normal size. Someone loaded my lorry for me, and i had to drive back, at this point my arm was seriously starting to hurt, but i drove back in 2 hours.

Got back to Bristol about 3am and my whole arm had blown up to twice its normal size, so i went straight to hospital. They gave me some anti inflammatory drugs, and said i'd had quite a severe reaction, the swelling eventually stopped, but not before my arm got to roughly 3 times its normal size, added to that fact i was off work for a week.

Since this has happened, i see anything buzzing near me it gets splattered :D

'Say, was you ever stung by a dead bee?'

Can you get stung by dead bees?do they not need to inject their poision? Would that be more painful?

There was nothing in the cup when i looked, but obviously it was dark and i was driving, added to the fact i dropped the cup when i was stung, so i guess it could have fallen down the side of the drivers seat, if it was dead. I didnt see anything fly away, so i guess it must have been dead already and it fell out the cup. :o

Can you get stung by dead bees?do they not need to inject their poision? Would that be more painful?

There was nothing in the cup when i looked, but obviously it was dark and i was driving, added to the fact i dropped the cup when i was stung, so i guess it could have fallen down the side of the drivers seat, if it was dead. I didnt see anything fly away, so i guess it must have been dead already and it fell out the cup. :o

Or was it a wasp???

Or was it a wasp???

Who knows, could have been, there was no sting left in my hand, just a small puncture wound, but like i said i was driving a artic at the time so i guess it is possible that i could have rubbed the sting out

This reminds me of a tale to tell.....

I was once in Thailand, very drunk and I was walking back to my house when I found a thai man pushing me, apparently saying becareful. I merrily wandered on my way and woke in the morning to ask my wife what was that all about? Confused she looked at me and said you walked on the bees they were burning on the road!!!

Obviously I asked why were they doing that on the road? She just looked at me as if I was stupid..so I gave up asking, as you do.

So what is that all about please explain? Tasty I expect... :o

OH how I feel your pain . I made a post about bee's awhile back and did not get much help . So I went it alone . NOBODY should have to do that .

The bee's I had made a honeycomb on my back bedroom window . Im talking thousands of them and if stung I will have a bad reaction . I would have to go to the hospital . Also I fear for my baby getting stung . Then I said I wanted to spray them or have them removed somehow and I got " do you want to have bad luck " ? Bee's are lucky . " She was lighting candles, offering them food and praying to the ### things :D So one day I walked past the window ( from the inside ) and rapped on it hard . My wife saw this and the S hit the fan . She was pissed ( mad ) to the point that after the arguement she went home to mother ! All for some bee's ! It gets worse but thats for another ..book .

She said that they would go away sooner or later and not to worry about them . So there I was sitting on my porch with my Chang , contiplating ...bee's and saw on the electric wire more birds than usual . That gave me a idea . I went to the store and bought ( secretly ) some bird seed . I put that as close as I could to the nest on the fence wall and in a few days , not a whole lot of bee's . :o

Chok dee

Edited by Jeff1

Does anyone know much about Thai bees? I am dead scared of them an my house has now become a campsite for holidaying bees!!!! Black ones in two parts with yellow legs, brown torpedo ones, green ones that hover like that Jewish character in Star Wars, yellow thin ones, black and white ones.......

All of them seem to be trying to get inside the old wood of the house to lay a nest or something. Only the black ones in two parts make an intricate nest hanging from the ceiling.

The problem is me - they make nests in the bathroom, bedrooms and all other rooms. They even tryin my computer!!

I'm scared to go to the loo when one's in there and I feel invaded in my own house.

Helpful comment on how dangerous they are and maybe how to get rid of them welcomed.

My husband says they are lucky!!!!!!

I like bees but....

People in Thailand said if you have bees making nest in your house, it means you will get lots of luck , because your house stands in a nice place, good weather. But if the nest disturb your life it is a big nasty too. Thai bees are dangerous too. You can try to make a smoke to keep them away. They dont like the smoke and shall leave.

Once they had a big nest in front of my parents house and it was really nasty , because my dog always playing and eating near that nest. One day I saw my dog made a strange noise , my friend was just coming in and saw many bees on his fur ( thanks god he has thick fur ), so my friend took the dog away and the bees stung him badly on his hand, he had to go to dr. immediately as his palm became double big at that moment and red color.

Edited by Saothai

You only become allergic to something after you have been exposed to it enough for your body to start producing antigens to fight it, this is what causes the reaction not the venom itself. I have been stung many times because of living in rural areas with no reaction at all. Then one day I was stung 3 times on the arm by some small hornets and in a couple of mins I started to itch all over and my skin turned red.

I told my son to drive me to the emergency room (about 15 min. away). I passed out several times on the way and could barely walk into the hospital when we arrived. They took my blood pressure and found it was 85/60. They set me down in a wheel chair and had me fill out some forms, next thing I knew I passed out and came to in an operating room.

I stood up from the wheel chair and told the doctor that I was ok now no problem. He didn't say a word, just pointed to the crotch of my pants where I had obviously lost total control of my bladder!

I became very cooperative at that point as I know that simple lose of consciousness does not cause loss of autonomic functions!

If the bees are the type which produce honey any bee keeper will be glad to come and take them off your hands (he will capture the queen and put her in a small box and the other bees will go where ever she goes).

I would suggest that anyone who comes into contact with stinging insects go to a doctor and get a bee be sting kit that has an injectable form of adeinilin that will treat the symptoms long enough for you to get to the hospital.