Renting A Car In Bkk

RuskiCat

Hi Guys,

Wondering about your experiences with this.

I tried

Highway Rent a Car they have 800 - 1200 range for a normal car, but the service sucks and the cars are old.

Thai rent a car 1100 - 1600 range decent service but a bit far away near RCA
And all the standard companies like budget, avis etc that were more expensive and not much better quality for the baht.

Any hidden gems?

Found www.rentalcars.com to be great. They went thru Thai Rent a Car and I paid 990/day last November (including insurance). I also just ran a quote thru there for next week and got the same rate, for a Nissan March! Had to get some phone support and customer service rep (in Ireland!) was perfectly helpful.

Thai Rent a Car offers delivery and pick up for 300 baht each way, too. It seems they did not charge me that, too. A great service!

• Like 1

Found www.rentalcars.com to be great. They went thru Thai Rent a Car and I paid 990/day last November (including insurance). I also just ran a quote thru there for next week and got the same rate, for a Nissan March! Had to get some phone support and customer service rep (in Ireland!) was perfectly helpful.

Thai Rent a Car offers delivery and pick up for 300 baht each way, too. It seems they did not charge me that, too. A great service!

I second Thai rent a car. Great car, price and service. The guy who met me at the airport didn't speak any English (a first) but my horrible Thai was put to the test worked out fine. Also book via rentalcars.com

• Like 1

I have been using FastCar Hire for quite a few years . They are like the Agoda of car hire and get rates for about 5 or more companies including Thai Car rental, Hertz and Budget with a good range of both cars and prices. Their web site is a bit dated and difficult to navigate but other than that i have had no problems .http://www.fastcarhire.co.uk/thailand_car_hire.asp

• Like 1