Shopping Assistants In Bangkok

sammy1sammy1

Hi there,

I have started up a small clothing business and am now in the process of sourcing my clothing. Rather then do it online i am going to come to Bangkok and pick out my first lot of clothing in person.

I am looking for someone to help me with finding the hot spots and helping me communicate with the wholesalers.

I will originally be getting small quantities on my visit but when i return to Australia i will be ordering regularly, large shipments from the wholesalers.

Is there anyone out there that can help me??

The only thing online that i can find is Personal-Shopper-Bangkok.com and they are proving to be very difficult to deal with through email.

We are looking to come over in a month or so and are looking to stay for a week to get everything sorted, pick out my clothing and find reliable wholesalers to keep in touch with back in Australia.

Please if someone has any one the can point me towards or they can help, please give me an email!

Kind Regards

Samantha

EDIT: Personal email removed, please make contact via PM if you can help.

• Like 1

You could probably do it very well with several days spent at Platinum Mall (very large 5-story building) in the heart of Pratunam clothing district of BKK. Hundreds of small shops, many (most?) are outlets for the actual clothing producers. Range of clothing from party dresses, wedding gear, etc to winter parkas, T-shirts, swimwear. Comfortable strolling, good aircon, snack shops so not overly tiring if you pace yourself.

• Like 1

You could probably do it very well with several days spent at Platinum Mall (very large 5-story building) in the heart of Pratunam clothing district of BKK. Hundreds of small shops, many (most?) are outlets for the actual clothing producers. Range of clothing from party dresses, wedding gear, etc to winter parkas, T-shirts, swimwear. Comfortable strolling, good aircon, snack shops so not overly tiring if you pace yourself.

Platinum is where I've seen foreigners with many huge bags of clothes they've purchased for shipment back home. Most of the shop owners there speak English...at least a little bit. I'd have a wander around, chat up a few, see if they are interested in helping you out.

Me? I never go there anymore as the wife also brings back huge bags of clothes. Though not for resale. sad.png

Let's try this over in the Bangkok forum. Topic Moved.

wai2.gif

• Like 1

An American friend of mine has been doing this, travelling throughout SE Asia over the winter (nice to get away from the cold, too) and purchasing clothing and other items for her shop back in the States.

In Bangkok, one of her main sources is Pratunam Market - she's got to know quite a number of the shopkeepers there, and just walks in and picks out a wholesale lot of what she wants.

Then she's got to arrange to send it all to the States, FedEx or some other method.

Sounds as if you're doing something similar. But she does just walk in and talk to the shopkeepers, not maintaining any regular over-summer contact.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the helpful information =]

Good to know most shop keepers can speak a bit of English! that is handy.

I am a bit worried the wholesalers will choose to ignore me when i return back to Australia... Having that trust with them will be difficult

samantha

• 6 months later...

Hi Sammy

I've trusted you're doing well. If there is anything I could help you feel free to write me an email at <snip - please use PM system in board software>

I believe you're looking to someone you can count on.

Cheers:)
Aom

Edited by soundman
No emails in posts thanks.

I would not trust my business sourcing with someone just off the bat. Going to Pratunam/Platinum yourself and dealing with the people directly is the way to go.

The friends I know who import clothes from BKK go there on a regular basis, do the deals, and send it home. Too many communication problems that can arise when trying to do long-distance business. I know one exception, but that's someone who has a long trusted "helper" in BKK to straighten everything out and arrange delivery. If you continue with this business you may get to know someone like that.