2-Trillion-Baht Project Pushes Thai Tourism Industry

webfact

UTCC: 2-trillion-baht project pushes Thai tourism industry

BANGKOK, 15 March 2013 (NNT) – The University of Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC) says the government’s 2-trillion-baht investment project will drive up the nation's tourism industry and expects the project to be the key to economic expansion in 3-5 years’ time.

According to Director of the Center for Economic and Business Forecasting Thanawat Polwicha, a research conducted by the UTTC, in collaboration with the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), has indicated that the government’s mega project is the key factor to boosting the nation's tourism industry, drawing in more visitors, especially from China, Malaysia, and Singapore. He also forecast that the project will help expand the Thai economy by 5-7 percent in the next 3-5 years.

According to the survey, 30 percent of the respondents said Thailand’s strength in tourism industry lies in its culture, history, and archaeological sites; 26 percent said tourists come to experience nature like mountains, forests, and the seas; 55 percent believe Thailand could be the number-one tourist destination in the ASEAN region. However, there are some major issues that need to be addressed, including political conflicts and natural disasters.

In addition, the poll also suggests that Thailand need more safety measures and better utility system to facilitate travelling.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-03-15 footer_n.gif

Tourism, tourism, tourism, tourism, tourism, come sing it with me hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba TOURISM cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif if the Nation has a crisis, solve it with hubba-hubba Tourismcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

One of Thai Chinese biggest Mafia will be back, spending trillions-kachillions on more rip-off activities to lure out more clueless European-Asutralian-Anglosaxon Tourists into Thailand with a higher standard FARANG double pricing and back-stabbing murder triads distributed on the most popular tourist island destinations.

Let the OTMT (Organized Tourism Mafia of Thailand) terrorize-rule the hubba-hubba-Tourism-islands again

• Like 1

Tourism, tourism, tourism, tourism, tourism, come sing it with me hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba-hubba TOURISM cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif if the Nation has a crisis, solve it with hubba-hubba Tourismcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

One of Thai Chinese biggest Mafia will be back, spending trillions-kachillions on more rip-off activities to lure out more clueless European-Asutralian-Anglosaxon Tourists into Thailand with a higher standard FARANG double pricing and back-stabbing murder triads distributed on the most popular tourist island destinations.

Let the OTMT (Organized Tourism Mafia of Thailand) terrorize-rule the hubba-hubba-Tourism-islands again

Come on tell us what you really think biggrin.png

• Like 2

We still haven't seen exactly what the 2 trillion is going to buy the country and not knowing that its difficult to see how tourism will or will not be affected by it.

We see from another of todays news stories that Thai Rail have got their eyes on it to double track the existing lines.

There is the story of the high speed rail which is a completely different thing.

Then there are other 'infrastructure projects' whatever they are.

They need to educate Thai women on how to eat and exercise because the #1 tourist draw of beautiful and slim women is dwindling as more and more women bulk up at an alarming rate.

Yes...plus the 'Tom' phenomenon that is spreading like the plague...

...not to mention the 1.7 babies-per-woman, on par with dying Europe..

Enjoy the current 'boom'....it may be Thailands last

Ah, so this 1.7 babies per Thai woman figure explains what I've been noticing here in the Magical Kingdom. There are far too many people walking around who are "0.7 people" - only seven-tenths of a fully developed individual, intellectually or physically speaking. A disturbing trend indeed.

We still haven't seen exactly what the 2 trillion is going to buy the country and not knowing that its difficult to see how tourism will or will not be affected by it.

We see from another of todays news stories that Thai Rail have got their eyes on it to double track the existing lines.

There is the story of the high speed rail which is a completely different thing.

Then there are other 'infrastructure projects' whatever they are.

Exactly Rob, where is the breakdown budget and what is 2 'trillion' being spent on? You can bet there will be some more fat pigs at the trough over this little bit of petty cash!

How much money is spend on VISA-runs to Malaysia, Myanmar, Kampuchea every year? Money that could stay in Thailand if there was a 6 month VISA for longstayers.

If certain criteria are met, people can get 6+ month visas. While I agree the visa situation is a bit messy, making it easier for anyone and everyone to get long stay visas will only increase the number of undesirables here.

• Like 1

Another hefty dose of self delusion. So cheap booze and the availability of willing young ladies at budget prices thus creating a Wold West scenario are not part of the attraction?

Isn't amazing that every time the government announces a project the figures always contain more zeros than the Japanese Air Force and all designed be sound impressive but very little else

They need to educate Thai women on how to eat and exercise because the #1 tourist draw of beautiful and slim women is dwindling as more and more women bulk up at an alarming rate.

ha ha ha ....Although there is some truth to what you say.

you would have tought that by now, there would be a train station between the airports, a train to pattaya, etc...

infrastructure ...

why not start to get some cars off the road by real railway infrastructure...

1 hour or more to go from the airport to sukumvit if you take sukumvit 77 (if you are lucky) because of the major congestion that starts at srinakarin intersection

2 Trillion seems to be a popular figure for anything new in 2013 these day's.. gone is the 350 million budget of yesteryear.

Also where was the percentage figures for Thailands ohh so popular sex trade destinations, never mind the culture,history & archaeological sites ??

• Like 2

As I am someone whose first wage was 14 pounds-seventeen and six a month I would really like sombody to post the 3 followed by the required number of 0's so I can work out what 3 trillion is in real money.

3,000,000,000,000 Thai Baht equals (three trillion Baht)
67,049,700,000.00 British Pound Sterling
Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 1

There's just nothing so fine as knockin' back a few Changs, puffin' some good weed, and assuming keyboard warrior status to peck out truly brilliant, earth-shaking, prophetic utterances.

As I am someone whose first wage was 14 pounds-seventeen and six a month I would really like sombody to post the 3 followed by the required number of 0's so I can work out what 3 trillion is in real money.

If you tried to be careful you could live for a while on that.smile.png That is a frightening sum just to go into the tourist industry, in any country. The mind boggles. If that sum is being injected why do they have to have volunteer groups to clean the beaches instead of the local tourist agencies that they own. Don't answer me , I already know.whistling.gif

• Like 1

I thought 3trillion baht was now = 400-trilliion pounds sterling and also = to about $50 Australian?

Are you sure? Do the Thais use long scale or short scale?

Short scale: One Trillion = 10^12 (1,000,000,000,000) ie: USA

Long scale: One Trillion = 10^18 (1,000,000,000,000,000,000) ie: Europe

Edited by WhizBang

2 000 000 000 000 B / 80 000 000 people = 25 000 B / person

A family of 4 could easily pay cash ! for 2 new motorbikes or 1 new motorbike + the biggest TV screen.

That's what 2 trillion means

• Like 1

This is an excellent example of Anglo-Thai civil service collaboration. If you want to protect your little empire, sorry, department's budget, then pay a happily cooperative university/professor to do a report saying how good you are. This is straight out of the Whitehall Mandarin textbook.

Are you sure? Do the Thais use long scale or short scale?

Short scale: One Trillion = 10^12 (1,000,000,000,000) ie: USA

Long scale: One Trillion = 10^18 (1,000,000,000,000,000,000) ie: Europe

I went to google. Entered convert three trillion baht to usd. You try it. I'm not sure about short or long scale.