If You Hate Thailand, Why Live Here ?

soi41

No, a loser is someone who cannot cope and/or succeed in life, and a coward is someone who runs away because of it.

If you don't think Thailand is full of expats like this, you're either wearing blinders or have never been to Pattaya.

That´s your logic explanation? Seriously? So tell me, do you live in Thailand as well, coz...

Edited by maxme

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, a loser is someone who cannot cope and/or succeed in life, and a coward is someone who runs away because of it.

If you don't think Thailand is full of expats like this, you're either wearing blinders or have never been to Pattaya.

So because there are losers in Pattaya, then Thailand must be filled with / is only inhabited by these people? That´s your logic explanation? Seriously?

I never said "only" or even "most".

Just that there are a lot.

A brave person is someone who comes to a country and see what it's like and sees a bit of the world in the process, not sure what a country offers and finds out he likes it,This was the case with most foreigners here 15-20 years ago, Adventurers, personalities, non conformists.Now it's older guys with preconceived ideas, cannot adapt..blah blah blah..this is so obvious..to call these guys brave is beyond stupidity and must be the silliest thing said on thai visa...they are neither winners or losers, but success has not been part of their lives....I just don't get why old guys leave home, friends and family? That seems more stupid than brave..

A brave person is someone who comes to a country and see what it's like and sees a bit of the world in the process, not sure what a country offers and finds out he likes it,This was the case with most foreigners here 15-20 years ago, Adventurers, personalities, non conformists.Now it's older guys with preconceived ideas, cannot adapt..blah blah blah..this is so obvious..to call these guys brave is beyond stupidity and must be the silliest thing said on thai visa...they are neither winners or losers, but success has not been part of their lives....I just don't get why old guys leave home, friends and family? That seems more stupid than brave..

There are a lot more younger guys moving here than before, more than you think...

Yes, because it is so easy to get here now..good luck to them, unfortunately the number of older guys makes there numbers look small. In fact I think it's a place more suited for younger guys, bjust go sit in the uk or any other embassy and see how the demographic has changed..I am an old guy now(50's).

It was always a place for youngsters, even when I lived here in the 80's there was a mix of older guys but not mass retirees like now.when I started work here early 90's a small group of younger professionals were here then, which may surprise many.

In fact if I was young I would look for somewhere else, less developed for adventure or go to oz and make some decent money..good luck..

soi41, on 16 Mar 2013 - 19:34, said:

Whenever you log on to Thaivisa, almost no matter what topic, you are met by a negative sentiment against anything Thai or Thairelated.

"A" negative sentiment? I would say a dozen...
  • Like 1