Pattay Immigration Letter Of Residence?

ZOOKA

Hi All

I am in the process of buying a car from Pattaya and need a 'LETTER OF RESIDENCE'

I have a House registration Book and recently expired Thai driving License with my name and address shown as Hua Hin not Pattaya.

I am coming straight from UK to Pattaya and wonder if they will do this letter for me even though Im from Hua Hin?

I always thought if you had the house registration Book then this letter was not required?

That said always best to have more than you need.....

Any Feedback most appreciated.

Many Thanks

If you have a Yellow book in your name or a Work Permit a Residency Certificate either issued by Immigration (inexpensive) or your home countries embassy (expensive) is not required to register a car

Otherwise, you will have to go to your residence Immigration Office and obtain a certificate. (meaning the Immigration Office where you will do your 90 day report).

One of the documents required by Jometien (Chonburi) Immigration is a utility bill or lease in your name to prove your address before they will issue the certificate and I seriously doubt that they will issue it to a Hua Hin resident

A hotel/guest house bill will do for a residence certificate in Jomtien. +2 photos +200B

But if you do that you are going to end up with the wrong address on your car documents.

Cant you get someone to arrange to get a certificate for you in Hua Hin? A personal appearance is not required as far as I know.

A hotel/guest house bill will do for a residence certificate in Jomtien. +2 photos +200B

But if you do that you are going to end up with the wrong address on your car documents.

Cant you get someone to arrange to get a certificate for you in Hua Hin? A personal appearance is not required as far as I know.

Hi

Thanks for the feedback

I have been told the hotel will issue some kind of letter to stay that Im staying there and I produce this with my House Registration Yellow Book (Hua Hin)

with the 2 pictures plus 200 B and Passport / Visa and this should be enough....

Yes the car will be registered at Pattaya But I can change this when I get down there for a small fee

Unless anyone knows otherwise???

Thanks Guys

If I were you I would avoid showing or even mentioning the house book or Hua Hin as it will only confuse everyone. Take it with you just in case but only produce it if everything else fails.

I suspect that if you just show the hotel receipt and say you live here you will get the certificate easily. Then once the car is bought and registered you can change the address later, as you say.

• Like 1