Lights On?

MarcoH

Lad's

I noticed few days ago that many cars are keeping they head lights on during day time,, i know that motorbikes are required by law :o to keep them on,, but has law change to be consider for car's as well.

Don't mean to argue, but is there really a law requiring motorcyclists to use their headlights during daytime? That was so common around the USA that all bikes imported into the country are wired to keep the lights on when the motor is running. Not so in LOS. I go around all day with my brights on, but I heard that some police consider it AGAINST the law to even run with your low beams on/ Go figure.

I don't know whether it's law or not for motor cycles to have their lights on during daylight, but I always do, I've done it ever since I started riding bikes 35 years ago.

Thailand has managed to make motor cyclists totally invisible to most other motorists, so we need every bit of help we can get to become visible again. I've been stopped and 'fined' for many things here, but never for having my lights on.

I don't know whether it's law or not for motor cycles to have their lights on during daylight, but I always do, I've done it ever since I started riding bikes 35 years ago.

Thailand has managed to make motor cyclists totally invisible to most other motorists, so we need every bit of help we can get to become visible again. I've been stopped and 'fined' for many things here, but never for having my lights on.

Political, im not so sure abt that specially here in provinces,,

light on it's something what in the Cars i have experience ONLY last few days,, nothing political and and really hope nothing to do with USA, as i find it very irritating that cars are dring they high beam on during day time.

Motorbikes it has been a LAW for a year now,, no light pay fine,,,but some how police here in TH as forgotten 1 of the most important thing,, SIDE mirrows,, i counted one time with i 40Km abt 49M bikes did not have, either helmet,headlight on or side mirror's,,,,

just observation

but quetion still is,, has there been law chane for CARS using lights during day time

Political, im not so sure abt that specially here in provinces,,

light on it's something what in the Cars i have experience ONLY last few days,, nothing political and and really hope nothing to do with USA, as i find it very irritating that cars are dring they high beam on during day time.

Motorbikes it has been a LAW for a year now,, no light pay fine,,,but some how police here in TH as forgotten 1 of the most important thing,, SIDE mirrows,, i counted one time with i 40Km abt 49M bikes did not have, either helmet,headlight on or side mirror's,,,,

just observation

but quetion still is,, has there been law chane for CARS using lights during day time

No there hasn't

But Thaising is correct, last Thursday/Friday some chappy asked everyone to drive with there headlights on to show the government and protesters that they wanted them to sit down around a table and negotiate..........see here

That said I haven't seen many people in Bangkok doing this :o

Edited by moonoi

Always drove with lights on back in OZ.Some manufacturers offer this as an option too.I do it often on cloudy days ( silver car tends to blend in ) or on long trips here.Nothing wrong with making others aware of your whereabouts.In Canada I think it's also law now for all new cars to have lights wired for day running.

Back in 2000 I purchased a bike and proceeded to drive it everywhere. I have been riding motorbikes for over 25 years and am aware of the need to be seen.Needless to say my lights are on permanently. For the whole of 2000 and well into 2001 I was constantly flashed and told my lights were on........ even stopped by the police 5 times to comment on the same....... made interesting conversation and was not fined one bht on any occasion. :D

In 2001 suddenly everyone started doing the same...... I don't know if it's law now but it does make ###### good sense....... the car thing is indeed a political stance .....so the wife tells me.

I also am from the "loud pipes saves lives camp" but thats another story. :o

For motorbikes it's the law, about a year old. For cars it's a statement of political immaturity, about a week old.

Actually a week ago it seemed like a good idea but, politically, it has lost any meaning.

It doesn't interfere with driving, only on some bridges and speed bumps in the rearview mirror it looks like someone is actually flashing at you.

Back in the 80s, I think, after the Hurt Report, manafacturers of bikes started hard-wiring their lights always on. My Honda (import) has only two light settings, dipped or full beam. The only time the headlight is off is when the ignition switch is pressed. According to the report, a fair number of motorcycle-car collisions could have been avoided if the motorist had seen the bike a split second earlier, so lights on are life-savers, even in daytime.

Some car manafacturers hard-wire their lights on too. Volvo, for example. Well, for six months of the year the light in Sweden is crap to say the least.

What I don't get is Thais who ride around at night without their lights on. They do this in Viet Nam a lot too. I was on a minibus there with no lights on and the driver told me he wanted to save the battery!???