Immigration Bureau Spot Check Nets Greek Bank Robber

george

Immigration Bureau spot check nets Greek bank robber

PATTAYA: -- A Greek bank robber hiding out in Pattaya has been apprehended and deported by the Immigration Bureau.

The man was uncovered during a spot inspection on the backgrounds of tourists in Pattaya and the surrounding areas, led by superintendent of Pattaya Immigration Police Pol Col Ittipol Ittisanronachai and his deputy Pol Lt Maj Bitti Nittinantsaete acting under the instructions of Immigration commander Pol Lt Gen Suwat Damrongsrisakul. Officers were specifically looking for those who were in hiding after committing crimes in their own country.

Pol Col Ittipol’s team checked the records and discovered that 45-year-old Dimitrios Nikolaos Konidis, holder of a Greek passport, was one such criminal on the run. Officers found him walking on a street in South Pattaya and asked to see his passport. He had been traveling between Malaysia, Cambodia and Thailand and had lived in Thailand for the past nine months. Police took him in for questioning at Pattaya Immigration Bureau in Jomtien.

Through background checks it was found that Konidis was involved in a bank robbery with a group of others and had been hiding as a tourist in Pattaya. Police cancelled his visa and blacklisted him before contacting the relevant authorities to initiate deportation procedures.

--Pattaya Mail 2006-03-10

Spot checks....this may make the overstayers think twice.

why would any one want to over stay there visa when it so simple to obey the law and make a visa run for 30 days or go to Laos and get a tourist visa or Malaysia also you get 60 days that way you dont pay any fines and you get to stay in this wonderful country

More likely that an informant that knew this guy, turned him. I have not quite understood what makes people reveal certian things baout themselves, but they do. They just go to talk to someone. If that someone becomes angry at them or there is a substantial reward invloved. One little phone call can change things dratically.

98% of crimes are solved by informants not crime labs

I don't understand why foreign embassies don't offer financial rewards to catch their local crooks. Enough bounty hunters in the thai force who are willing to help out for a small incentive... :o

Rewards to the police for checking could easily porovoke a spate of zealous passport-checking which many law-abiding tourist would soon find irksome.

Just a thought...

K.

More likely that an informant that knew this guy, turned him. I have not quite understood what makes people reveal certian things baout themselves, but they do. They just go to talk to someone. If that someone becomes angry at them or there is a substantial reward invloved. One little phone call can change things dratically.

while i agree with your premise i'm wondering about the source of your 98%

care to post a link?

more likely you just plucked the number of of the sky...like most 'percentages' which get bandied about

Edited by klongmaster

care to post a link?

more likely you just plucked the number of of the sky...like most 'percentages' which get bandied about

care to post a link?

Guilty as charged

This country is nothing but a lie .I know the details of this case because i am a private investigator and i will uncover the crooked immigration involved in this matter.Firstlt this man was not walking on the street he was in a gogo bar which i cannot name because of investigations.Secondly the man was not a criminal bank robber and was never convicted as such he used to live in Phuket and had travelled to Greece with a friend his friend robbed a bank and got captured during questioning the man said he was travelling with mr Dimitris mr Dimitrios was at his aunts house during the alleged robbery but even then he travelled back and forth to Greece without a problem .The fact is that he lived and worked in Thailand for 3 years he was not a tourist there and had a working visa .The fact that he did have a warrant from interpol for questioning is true but Greece and Thailand have no bilateral agreements so thus Thai courts render the Interpol warrant void and null as interpreted by thai law .The only way this man should have been arrested is if he had commited a capital crime sentenced fled and then had a warrant issued by the ministry of foreign affairs.Immigratin acted illegaly in this arrest because even the Greek embassy had not information on this persons arrest as a matter of fact they were trying to get him previously on false allegations of a fake passport which was again untrue.The bottom line is this he had a very crooked business partner which caused all these probvlems paid off police and immigration to arrest this man illegaly and my agency will not stop until we uncover the truth and bring to light all the dard dirty dealings of authoities that are there to serve and protect.

my agency will not stop until we uncover the truth and bring to light all the dard dirty dealings of authoities that are there to serve and protect.

Goodluck, you are going to need it! :o:D :D

I have a good deal of trouble seeing why you think the post you are quoting is so funny.

Maybe it's all just rubbish. The fact that the poster clearly isn't a native English speaker and has chosen to express himself in such a florid way certainly makes it easy enough to dismiss his claims as such. Still, anyone who has lived in Thailand for a decade or two knows his story could very easily be true. Stitching someone up here is just a matter of knowing the right people and having a few baht (fewer than you might think) to put around.

The press in Thailand couldn't care less about getting at the truth and the public wouldn't know the truth if it spit in their faces (which, come to think of it, it frequently does). You're on your own here, mate. Your only protection is to stay out of the line of fire. What the poster claims happen to this poor bugger could quite easily be true.

And, if it is, there's nothing funny about that.

Immigration Bureau spot check nets Greek bank robber

.... Officers found him walking on a street in South Pattaya and asked to see his passport... --Pattaya Mail 2006-03-10

Reminds me of the 1930s Nazi refrain ... your papers please, ... :o

my agency will not stop until we uncover the truth and bring to light all the dard dirty dealings of authoities that are there to serve and protect.

What the poster claims happen to this poor bugger could quite easily be true.

I'm laffing at how naive he is mate!!! Bottom line it may be true what he says, but he won't get anywhere and you know that as well as I do. :D

"************************************caused all these probvlems paid off police and immigration to arrest this man illegaly and my agency will not stop until we uncover the truth and bring to light all the dard dirty dealings of authoities that are there to serve and protect."

Incredible!! But believeable.

I have a good deal of trouble seeing why you think the post you are quoting is so funny.

Maybe it's all just rubbish. The fact that the poster clearly isn't a native English speaker and has chosen to express himself in such a florid way certainly makes it easy enough to dismiss his claims as such.

Not sure where you got the guy is not a native English speaker! Many 'native English speakers cannot use punctuation correctly!!

Still, anyone who has lived in Thailand for a decade or two knows his story could very easily be true. Stitching someone up here is just a matter of knowing the right people and having a few baht (fewer than you might think) to put around.

The press in Thailand couldn't care less about getting at the truth and the public wouldn't know the truth if it spit in their faces (which, come to think of it, it frequently does). You're on your own here, mate. Your only protection is to stay out of the line of fire. What the poster claims happen to this poor bugger could quite easily be true.

This country is nothing but a lie .I know the details of this case because i am a private investigator and i will uncover the crooked immigration involved in this matter.Firstlt this man was not walking on the street he was in a gogo bar which i cannot name because of investigations.Secondly the man was not a criminal bank robber and was never convicted as such he used to live in Phuket and had travelled to Greece with a friend his friend robbed a bank and got captured during questioning the man said he was travelling with mr Dimitris mr Dimitrios was at his aunts house during the alleged robbery but even then he travelled back and forth to Greece without a problem .The fact is that he lived and worked in Thailand for 3 years he was not a tourist there and had a working visa .The fact that he did have a warrant from interpol for questioning is true but Greece and Thailand have no bilateral agreements so thus Thai courts render the Interpol warrant void and null as interpreted by thai law .The only way this man should have been arrested is if he had commited a capital crime sentenced fled and then had a warrant issued by the ministry of foreign affairs.Immigratin acted illegaly in this arrest because even the Greek embassy had not information on this persons arrest as a matter of fact they were trying to get him previously on false allegations of a fake passport which was again untrue.The bottom line is this he had a very crooked business partner which caused all these probvlems paid off police and immigration to arrest this man illegaly and my agency will not stop until we uncover the truth and bring to light all the dard dirty dealings of authoities that are there to serve and protect.

Private investigator ummm, very worrying !!!

Apart from the awful school boy gramma you used, and total lack of any illigible sentence stucture, I would be very suprised if you are involved with any form of investgative bureau,

you need to be very carefull in thailand about publicly stating facts true or faulse in relation to an arrested person ,

you say this man who has been arrested had a very crooked partner, that in its self is deemed a very defamatory remark to make and carries a jail sentence in thailand, this can remark can itself identify the partner,

you and your agency if it exists {which I doubt ] should have more sence than to come on this public platform and be so damb stupid, I notice you kept your company name out of the posting

No proper minded businessman comes out with staments such as you have written ,

If it was true, it would remain confidential information between the client who pays any such agents and themselves, to say you will not rest implies there is no paying client what so ever , my guess probably you are some aggrieved third party,

I say to every one take what is written with a pinch of salt ,

I was looking in a weekly magazine the other day, and an advertisement for an administrative assistant states that they are looking for a bilingual office assistant, but don't state what two languages candidates need to be bilingual in... and in an advertisement for a building supervisor, the company is looking for someone to join 'there dynamic team'... and so on... :o

Easily belongs in Thaivisa's Top Ten First Posts Of All Time....

Far from being done through a "spot check"..... :o

As shockingly difficult as it is to imagine, the details as reported in the Pattaya Mail seem to differ tremendously from those in this Pattaya City News thread from last week:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61892

....ah, yes, as it was posted by George and not in the Pattaya forum by the groupies of the Indian and the Paper Cop I seem to have let my guard down!

Easily belongs in Thaivisa's Top Ten First Posts Of All Time....

You know how to pick a winner SJ... :o

If this is true - and we all know it could be - then Mr. Dimitrios as not much to fear. Thailand delivers him to Greece, Greece has a slow-but-generally-working justice system and he will be charged and probably found innocent and free to go on his ways.

It's not like they locked him up in a Thai prison, which would be much more cause for concern.

The only inconvenience is that he was blacklisted so he can't come back to Thailand.

I am not convinced it's illegal for Thai authorities to arrest a foreigner who has an Interpol search warrant to his name. Thailand doesn't have an exchange agreement which means only - in my opinion - that Thailand doesn't _have to_ act on such warrants - but they very well could.

This country is nothing but a lie... i will uncover the crooked immigration ...paid off police and immigration...until we uncover the truth and bring to light all the dard dirty dealings of authoities that are there to serve and protect.
Mrs. Patex would say: "Just go and try! We will make a nice fire with you" :o