Need A Kitchen For A New Home In Bangkok Area

Does anyone have a recommendation for a kitchen contractor? I have a new home, but the kitchen area is empty. I saw some modular stuff at Ikea, but the kitchen has two windows, to I think it might have to be custom.

I don't need fancy but rather practical and at a reasonable price.

Air conditioned or not? Access to outside area? Do not believe western style kitchens are the most practical here - both from the messy oil wok frying to the high humidity making closed storage mildew heaven. Open bench/tables and open shelves would be my advise (and the cooking side would make me even if not) and if available tiled outside cooking area.

Believe HomePro offers both design and construction service but no idea of cost. When we had a counter-top with under shelves/draws made used a furniture shop.

PLEASE NOTE DATEbiggrin.png and the U.S. dollar was up

Friday, November 26, 1999

KITCHEN

NATURA AT M.B.K. ALSO AT RANGSIT SHOPPING CENTER

TEL # 217-9265
611-7005
TOP CABINETS 13,700 BAHT PER METER is 109,600 baht

LOWER OR BASE 19,900 BAHT PER METER is 159,200 baht
-----------------
T 268,800 baht $ 6892.00

COST OF APPRAISAL 2,800 baht

PAY MAN PER DAY TO INSTALL 3,000 BAHT 4 days 12,000 baht

GRANITE COUNTER TOP COST 2,000 PER METER x 8 meters = 16,000 baht or $ 410.25

GRAND TOTAL 299600 BAHT
LESS APPLIANCES

$ 7682.05

Edited by jcgodber

HomePro. We had a "European" style kitchen designed and installed by Starmark at HomePro and I have to say everything from the design to the installation was fantastic.

The 2 guys who installed the kitchen were honestly the best, most consciencious workers I've ever come across.

HomePro. We had a "European" style kitchen designed and installed by Starmark at HomePro and I have to say everything from the design to the installation was fantastic.

The 2 guys who installed the kitchen were honestly the best, most consciencious workers I've ever come across.

Why do i feel that a lot of our regular TV posters are not going to like your post?

Air conditioned or not? Access to outside area? Do not believe western style kitchens are the most practical here - both from the messy oil wok frying to the high humidity making closed storage mildew heaven. Open bench/tables and open shelves would be my advise (and the cooking side would make me even if not) and if available tiled outside cooking area.

Believe HomePro offers both design and construction service but no idea of cost. When we had a counter-top with under shelves/draws made used a furniture shop.

It is air conditioned.

I have an American style kitchen in my condo, and I've had no problem with mold or mildew. I do cook a lot, so I need counter space for working and cabinents to store my pots and pans and food. I but fresh food daily or sometimes every other day, but I have lots and lots of western ingredients (spices, canned goods, condiments, etc.) in addition to typical Thai ingredients. I already have the oven, cooktop, and exhaust fan, and I will be taking my fridge with me.

I have a tiled outside, so I may put in a wok and sink out there, but that is for the second round of improvements.

Can you tell me what it ran you (costwise)? Edited by luckizuchinni

^^^^^, I have seen display kitchens on display, anywhere from 150-300k, depends on materials used,number of units and do you need appliances.

As a previous poster mentioned, HP do have a design centre with computer modelling, give them your dimensions, taking into account your windows and accessories, and let them knock up a plan for you.

Why do i feel that a lot of our regular TV posters are not going to like your post?

I've no idea, does anyone else? Will you tell us why?

Thai Wat Sadu (a home building centre) has modular upper and lower cabinets that are quite reasonable. Take your measurements along as well as the window measurements, and there is a good chance that you can find wooden or laminated cabinets that are workable in your space. They are quite a bit less expensive that a custom bult kitchen as well.

Thai Wat Sadu (a home building centre) has modular upper and lower cabinets that are quite reasonable. Take your measurements along as well as the window measurements, and there is a good chance that you can find wooden or laminated cabinets that are workable in your space. They are quite a bit less expensive that a custom bult kitchen as well.

Last year I had a kitchen fitted looked in Wat Sadu cheapish but at best rubbish, not unlike their bedroom stuff. Also looked in Home Pro maybe they supply and fit in BKK but all I was offered was premade stuff ok but expensive and not what I wanted. In the end I ended up in Index if you look them up on the internet under indexlivingmall.com you will find your local branch,there must be one in BKK. I gave then the size (Correct) and they designed it, then sent to my email for future reference and check size. I had fitted bottom cabinet's 4/60cm 3/50cm 1/50cm three draw unit and 1/40cm. Top 3/50cm 2/40cm. No work top's as I wanted granite got that from the BKK granite com. All cabinet's fitted in just over 4 hour's I couldn't believe it. N/B I used to be in the kitchen game in England and believe me it would have taken well over two day's there. Great quality they have to be for granite including kick board's spacer's fitting cost 72,000bt. Am I pleased in 3 word's over the moon.

Only problem the wife wont let me cook in it have to use the semi outside Thai one. But the cabinet's come in handy.

They don't seem to do light box's in Thailand I had mine made in S/Steel to match the extractor from local company and got the slim light's for same from H/pro.

Edited by fredob43