The Dude Needs Some Skoal Or Copenhagen

The Dude

Just a couple of days ago someone told me that snuff was not legal in Thailand.

Pretty sure that this isn't the case. I've seen it in Phuket and Pattaya- where european tourists would be looking for it.

I just PM'd the dude, joinme2leave, about the snus. I told him that The Dude is a buyer of the snus. If anyone else is cruising in from where cope, skoal, kodiak or snus is sold, please let me know. cheers from The Dude

A friend of The Dude has arrived today and handed him 50 tins of fresh skoal so there is overstock situation for him in bkk right now

sounds good dude...now if your friend can bring over the same amount of Copenhagen we would be seriously interested...could dig it with a snow shovel.

If you get some Copenhagen give us a PM...

Just a couple of days ago someone told me that snuff was not legal in Thailand.

Pretty sure that this isn't the case. I've seen it in Phuket and Pattaya- where european tourists would be looking for it.

Do you seriously suggest that seeing something at Pattaya renders it automatically legal? :o

I return to the U.S. every 60 days or so. Would be happy to bring back several tins for you.

Was in HNL, SFO, LAX & SAN last week and the week previous (enjoyed Carl's Jr.), returning to the east coast 2 April, 4 May & 30 June.

Edited by lomatopo

I think smokeless tobacco products are outlawed in Singapore, at least I think it is illegal to bring them in on your person. I saw a small article in the Straits-Times, when I was there last week, about a moderate-sized bust at Changi. I wouldn't bring 50 tins into SIN!

Whoever said smokeless tobacco was illegal was apparently correct.

Tobacco Control Measures

In 1986, the Thai AntiSmoking Campaign Project was formed, supported by 10 healthrelated NGOs. The National Committee for the Control of Tobacco Use, established in 1989, is responsible for governmental tobacco control activities.

Control on Tobacco Products Since 1979, tobacco advertising has been banned by three different laws. The most recent (the Tobacco Product Control Act, 1992) banned advertising in the electronic and print media and on billboards. However, two exceptions permit advertising in international magazines and on live television shows from abroad. There is also a ban on free samples, exchanges, and gifts of tobacco products for commercial purposes. Sales of tobacco products to persons under 18 years and sales from vending machines are banned, as are sales of smokeless tobacco. The Ministry of Health has directed all trading units in health premises to refrain from selling cigarettes.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/who/thailand.htm

I think smokeless tobacco products are outlawed in Singapore, at least I think it is illegal to bring them in on your person. I saw a small article in the Straits-Times, when I was there last week, about a moderate-sized bust at Changi. I wouldn't bring 50 tins into SIN!

Who on earth would think the stuff would be legal there? chewing gum is banned for christ sakes. I think that These countries should just outlaw cigarettes while they're at it