Corrupt Police Extort Cash From Japanese Tourist At North Pattaya Hotel

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe one day, you'll be able to take a stroll along the beach without people propositionong your wife. Maybe you'll be able to take a walk along with the family at 9:30 am without witnessing the dregs of both Western and Thai society negotiating for sexual services.

There are thousands of km of beach in Thailand for you to walk along with your wife. Why choose that particular stretch when it clearly isn't suitable for you, and hasn't been for many decades?

I suppose you complain about the oversupply of noodles in noodle shops also. Or the lack of Catholics in synagogues.

I walk that stretch of the beach for the same reason lots of Thais from Bangkok do.

Pattaya is the closest beach resort to Bangkok, that makes it the most convenient for a weekend away. The best hotels are also along that beach, making it the closest beach to all the best accommodation.

It makes little sense having such an eyesore in a place that is so obviously going out of it's way to attract people like me - with hundreds of millions of dollars of investment in top flight hotels.

Most of the customers of the hookers along that stretch are low budget travelers/expats. They are a blight on the area. The only people that benefit are the hookers and 7/11 selling them bottles of Chang.

Let's face it. Ten years ago, those guys with their 50 inch guts, bulbous noses and Singha vests were the kings of Pattaya. Now the scene they once knew has gone and their savings are worth less and less as the Baht appreciates. What you see on the beach are the death throes of a scene that will soon be no more.

Then a walk along the beach will be OK again. For me and all the Thai tourists that visit!

I assume the cops are corrupt if they extort, so that wasn't needed, unless the uncorrupted ones shake down tourists too.... good for him raising a stink. Probably be blacklisted? Like my friends say "Why would you bring your wife to Pattaya?"... Open air brothels are more healthy too, like smoke free bars.

HMMM... A couple of groups I know hold reunions at Pattaya for nostalgic reasons - usually the Nipa Lodge - Central Hotel Or what ever name it has now...

Many of us remember Pattaya when it was a real fishing village and not a bordello...

Maybe one day, you'll be able to take a stroll along the beach without people propositionong your wife. Maybe you'll be able to take a walk along with the family at 9:30 am without witnessing the dregs of both Western and Thai society negotiating for sexual services.

There are thousands of km of beach in Thailand for you to walk along with your wife. Why choose that particular stretch when it clearly isn't suitable for you, and hasn't been for many decades?

I suppose you complain about the oversupply of noodles in noodle shops also. Or the lack of Catholics in synagogues.

I walk that stretch of the beach for the same reason lots of Thais from Bangkok do.

Pattaya is the closest beach resort to Bangkok, that makes it the most convenient for a weekend away. The best hotels are also along that beach, making it the closest beach to all the best accommodation.

It makes little sense having such an eyesore in a place that is so obviously going out of it's way to attract people like me - with hundreds of millions of dollars of investment in top flight hotels.

Most of the customers of the hookers along that stretch are low budget travelers/expats. They are a blight on the area. The only people that benefit are the hookers and 7/11 selling them bottles of Chang.

Let's face it. Ten years ago, those guys with their 50 inch guts, bulbous noses and Singha vests were the kings of Pattaya. Now the scene they once knew has gone and their savings are worth less and less as the Baht appreciates. What you see on the beach are the death throes of a scene that will soon be no more.

Then a walk along the beach will be OK again. For me and all the Thai tourists that visit!

Pattaya is the closest beach resort to Bangkok

Strange I have always managed to get to Bang Saen quicker than Pattaya if driving from Bkk.

I was in Bang Saen last week, no hookers, hawkers, peddlars, ladyboys, pick pockets, farang Euro trash sex tourists, jet ski scammers or others of that ilk, be it Thai or farang.

The beach is a pleasure to stroll along in the early evening, the sea food is tasty and inexpensive.

The SS hotel is also a bargain, right across from the beach.

Give it a try, you may be surprised you didnt venture there sooner, certainly beats Pattaya every time.

• Like 1

pedro01, on 19 Mar 2013 - 21:03, said:

BlackPuddingBertha, on 19 Mar 2013 - 16:35, said:

pedro01, on 19 Mar 2013 - 10:16, said:

So why do you go to a beach that you know you aren't going to like?

....I have always managed to get to Bang Saen quicker than Pattaya if driving from Bkk.

Indeed. And Ban Chang/Rayong aren't much further past Pattaya.

Anyone who comes here does so by choice, so maybe they should do a minimum of research before hopping on the bus. Hua Hin is also a perfect family destination, not much further from Bangkok than Pattaya is.

Very, bad call by the Jap. Regardless of who is right and who is wrong the correct call would of been to pay the 10 grand and get the f*** out of Dodge. Refer to the earlier thread with the American guy and alleged underage girl. Our Jap friend is now plastered all over the internet. Nothing good will come of this for him. Why take this chance for a measly 10 grand. Chalk it up to experience and move on.

Duh. What about a little thing called "principle"?

I would have done exactly what the Jap did. Actually that's not true. I would have kicked up an unbelievable stink before getting anywhere near the ATM. And I would have screamed blue murder until the real BIB arrived to arrest the phony ones.

.. I would have kicked up an unbelievable stink before getting anywhere near the ATM. And I would have screamed blue murder until the real BIB arrived to arrest the phony ones.

Do you seriously believe demanding justice is smart course of action here in Thailand?

On another note, who would have thought a Japanese man would be so kee neow that he would stoop to taking a girl from beach road instead of one of the higher end clubs.

Last night on BR, about 8.30PM, I walked by as a nondescript 'Asian' was engaging a well-dressed lissome young beauty across Mike SM. Conversation was short and soon they were on their way across the road.

She seemed oddly out of place on BR, more like she belonged to a high end club. She looked very young but not necessarily underage. And she was defo not a LB.

Certain she can ask and get much more than her 'regular' coworkers.

My point was more toward the fact that most Japanese are very status conscious. To the point of spending over the top just to impress the people around them. Yet this man opts for the more "cost-effective" route of selecting his evening's company from the coconut bar. I guess everyone has a budget to deal with when on holiday.

Pattaya is the closest beach resort to Bangkok

Strange I have always managed to get to Bang Saen quicker than Pattaya if driving from Bkk.

I was in Bang Saen last week, no hookers, hawkers, peddlars, ladyboys, pick pockets, farang Euro trash sex tourists, jet ski scammers or others of that ilk, be it Thai or farang.

The beach is a pleasure to stroll along in the early evening, the sea food is tasty and inexpensive.

The SS hotel is also a bargain, right across from the beach.

Give it a try, you may be surprised you didnt venture there sooner, certainly beats Pattaya every time.

Ditto - Pattaya is what it is, and while it may be many things what it is not is primarily a beach resort.

BlackPuddingBertha, i couldn't disagree more. This is the last place where we, foreigners need to worry about integrity. We are marks here.

I would recommnend keeping nose down, pay whats required as soon as possible, and keep any contact with police to a minimum

whatever it is , its just another bad image of the kingdom .... just another one among so many .

I'm all for it to be honest.

You have some seedy little Japanese man picking up prostitutes from the street and you have some seedy little cops extorting money from him.

Long may this continue. Maybe one day, you'll be able to take a stroll along the beach without people propositionong your wife. Maybe you'll be able to take a walk along with the family at 9:30 am without witnessing the dregs of both Western and Thai society negotiating for sexual services. Seems like the dregs of Japan have joined in.

I imagine the Japanese man forgot to mention his extortioners had accused him of taking an underage girl. I guess that slipped his mind but I have little doubt that is what they accused him of and that is why he was so keen to part with 10k.

Now - I'm not against prostitution but what happens there on the beach at all hours of the day is pretty disgusting. I've seen smarter vagrants than most of the punters that gather there & partake.

out of interest did you not know what Pattaya was like before you went there? Its been like it for tens of years. Stroll along Bang Saray wee bit further down, no problem. bit like going to Vegas and not like seeing gambling. last time I stolled around BKK in sex tourist area's prity much same.

Edited by marstons
  • Like 1

.. I would have kicked up an unbelievable stink before getting anywhere near the ATM. And I would have screamed blue murder until the real BIB arrived to arrest the phony ones.

Do you seriously believe demanding justice is smart course of action here in Thailand?

A good way to end up with a pocketful of yaba or other serious charges. No?

This bloke is either a hero or a nutter, if I was in that situation I would lose 10k and forget it.

He is now in the paper to let us all know he is a monger, I hope some Japanese paper isn't running low on stories or he might be exposed over there too.

I don't do bar girls but I would tell them to f off it's my new girlfriend.

Could it be the same BiB that ran away with 700k baht handed in by that lady earlier? unsure.png

That's funny I was having the same thoughts.

But with the plethora of Corrupt Personnel in Uniform we may never know.

ph34r.png

As usual, TV members know everything about this man, and why he decided on picking up this "working girl". And as usual, no TV members have ever picked up any of the "girls". In this case, the guy is the Victim, and has the balls to try and do something about it, more than most here, it seems!

Corrupt or impersonators?

Pattaya One : "the officers are from Satkeow Province in Central Thailand and it has been confirmed to us that they are real Police Officers but are not attached to the Child and Women Protection Unit." coffee1.gif

Of course I know nothing of the story other than what I've read... so my comments are simply nothing more than speculation....

As harrycallahan commented; this looks to as though its nothing more than impersonation.

That raises the issue of how people in Thailand expect some level of extortion from the police. Their reprehensible reputation opens this gap for the impersonators (if this is the case).

I wonder what would have happened had the Japanese chappy refused to pay the 'bribe' and insisted on being taken to the station.

As I understand it (but may be mistaken) even with undercover investigations Uniformed police officers will be on the scene when or shortly after arrests are made. This makes it harder for impersonators to fake being a police officer by simply presenting a fake ID, although some could obtain a uniform to appear more convincing.

How many of us can tell the difference between a real Police ID and a Fake Police ID ?

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/79468/corrupt-police-extort-cash-japanese-tourist-north-pattaya-hotel/

No fake policeman the headline reveals that also "Corrupt Police extort cash"

"the officers are from Satkeow Province in Central Thailand and it has been confirmed to us that they are real Police Officers but are not attached to the Child and Women Protection Unit."

Edited by ALFREDO

whatever it is , its just another bad image of the kingdom .... just another one among so many .

You have some seedy little Japanese man picking up prostitutes from the street and you have some seedy little cops extorting money from him.

Long may this continue. Maybe one day, you'll be able to take a stroll along the beach without people propositionong your wife. Maybe you'll be able to take a walk along with the family at 9:30 am without witnessing the dregs of both Western and Thai society negotiating for sexual services. Seems like the dregs of Japan have joined in.

I imagine the Japanese man forgot to mention his extortioners had accused him of taking an underage girl. I guess that slipped his mind but I have little doubt that is what they accused him of and that is why he was so keen to part with 10k.

Now - I'm not against prostitution but what happens there on the beach at all hours of the day is pretty disgusting. I've seen smarter vagrants than most of the punters that gather there & partake.

If you dislike it there, dislike that part of the city, why walk than there? Why live there, holiday there?

So many other opportunities, Worldwide.

But, I have to say, not many other opportunities on the world, for the people who "like" to stroll there.rolleyes.gif

Regarding the possible accusation -underage girl- that is your imagination, or you know more?

If he was believing she could be under aged, -we do not know how she looked, if under aged is even plausible-

would he go now to police? He would be in deep shit if she is under aged, no? whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Sounds to me the prostitute may be underage and that gave the fake police leverage to extort this guy.

Probably a setup.

Where did you read, fake police?

The headline reads, -Corrupt Police extort cash-

More in the LINK http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/79468/corrupt-police-extort-cash-japanese-tourist-north-pattaya-hotel/

Very, bad call by the Jap. Regardless of who is right and who is wrong the correct call would of been to pay the 10 grand and get the f*** out of Dodge. Refer to the earlier thread with the American guy and alleged underage girl. Our Jap friend is now plastered all over the internet. Nothing good will come of this for him. Why take this chance for a measly 10 grand. Chalk it up to experience and move on.

Duh. What about a little thing called "principle"?

I would have done exactly what the Jap did. Actually that's not true. I would have kicked up an unbelievable stink before getting anywhere near the ATM. And I would have screamed blue murder until the real BIB arrived to arrest the phony ones.

.....and you would of lived to regret it. Forget "principle" TIT.

out of interest did you not know what Pattaya was like before you went there? Its been like it for tens of years. Stroll along Bang Saray wee bit further down, no problem. bit like going to Vegas and not like seeing gambling. last time I stolled around BKK in sex tourist area's prity much same.

Well - having been here for 15 years, I have a fair idea what it is like.

Like I say - the dregs have had to move to the beach because younger/wealthier guys have taken their place in Walking St.

It wasn't always that way and it will change. It's just a temporary infestation of a dying breed.

Regardless of beach road. That area isnt a place to bring a wife or family

Pattaya is not a place for a family holiday!

Aaah - but that is exactly what Pattaya is turning into. Just there's a lot of dinosaurs roaming, unaware of their looming extinction.

Funny thing is - Pattaya is quite a good place for children - lots & lots of stuff for them to do. Lots of hotels with kids clubs and family rooms. Lots of hotels which children oriented rooms, babysitting services.

The money is going into Pattaya as a family destination.

This may well go above the head of your average sex tourist - who has more or less killed his own golden goose with his indiscretions.

Stop this nonsense already. Pattaya's Beach Road was never always plagued by streetwalkers and their customers/pimps, ladyboys, gangs, drunkards and assortment of petty criminals. Sure there were parts that had these sorts but not to the extent that exists today. 10 years ago, you really could walk the entire length of Beach Road without encountering too many undesirables.

And who says it is not a family destination? Thai families, Russian families and Asian families come because it is marketed to them.

Nobody expects an end to prostitution but by the same token, many do come expecting more than just the seediness that some sexpats here seem to think should be the one and only attraction of pattaya.

• Like 1