Corrupt Police Extort Cash From Japanese Tourist At North Pattaya Hotel

webfact

Pattaya could easily be a place suited to all different kinds of visitors, but it would require proper zoning.

Unfortunately there are too many vested interests, along with corrupt officialdom making this unlikely to happen. Much like the Baht buses will never go away, or the taxi meters will never start using their meters.

Unfortunately, because much of the complaining stems from different types of "entertainment" getting all mixed up all over the place!

Not unique to Pattaya either, same stuff happening in Phuket, they even have airport shuttle buses ready for service, but are scared to issue licenses, because the regular taxi's will simply destroy the buses and beat up the drivers!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop this nonsense already. Pattaya's Beach Road was never always plagued by streetwalkers and their customers/pimps, ladyboys, gangs, drunkards and assortment of petty criminals. Sure there were parts that had these sorts but not to the extent that exists today. 10 years ago, you really could walk the entire length of Beach Road without encountering too many undesirables.

And who says it is not a family destination? Thai families, Russian families and Asian families come because it is marketed to them.

Nobody expects an end to prostitution but by the same token, many do come expecting more than just the seediness that some sexpats here seem to think should be the one and only attraction of pattaya.

Exactly.

It's because the demographics of walking St has changed and the currency of the punters has devalued.

The aging western male used to be king in the bars and go-gos of Walking St. Now other younger people are the ones spending money there and not all on sex. The number of bars of that type is getting smaller because a lot more couple-friendly places are opening up. There are also a lot of young guys around who are a lot more fun for young ladies to hang out with.

So you see the aging western male now has been forced to the beach. It never used to be that way and it's just a transitory phase.

I'd guess that BM with financial interests in the gogo and beerbars or in the "family" tourism industry in Pattaya hate Beach Road with a passion !! I'd too in their shoes !!

It's also obvious that they are not morally concerned by the P4P Pattaya as such. Indeed it seems quite acceptable to them that impoverished Isaan girls sell themselves in the WS agogo to younger/wealthier guys. What is utterly unacceptable is that other girls do the same P4P trade on BR.with the "dregs" of farang society, aka the "undesirable older/not-so-wealthier dinosaurs", who don't pay BF and buy no LD go for company.

To state it clearly : prostitution with younger/wealthier farangs who patronize the WS agogo, pay BF and buy LD is OK.

Older, not rich guys stay home. We don't want you here on our beach road. You disgust our wives and our kids ...

Are you guys serious or just trolling for fun ??

I've travelled a lot in my younger days and I've seen many beautiful beaches around the world : Gold Coast, Tahiti, Bali, Rio, Miami, California, etc (even Acapulco long ago !). If I had a family I'd certainly not come to Pattaya for a beach holiday. Not because of the BR P4P ladies but simply because of the (lack of) beach itself.

• Like 2

Let me get this right.

Those that object to Beach Road turning into an open air brothel where men openly solicit prostitutes (and vice-versa), those people are just doing so because they have a vested interest?

Really?

I would say damn straight - keep it out of public. There are areas where such business can be conducted discretely. Have a bit of class for heavens sake. These fellas do indeed disgust people because quite frankly their behavior is disgraceful.

I lost count of the amount of regular Thai women I know that have been propositioned by western men in Pattaya who think every Thai woman is a prostitute. Lots of Thai girls go to Pattaya for the weekend with their friends and it's the minority that don't get propositioned at some point on their trip.

Perhaps young Thai women should also not go to Pattaya for a weekend break - it's not that sort of destination, eh?

Pattaya is the closest beach resort to Bangkok

Strange I have always managed to get to Bang Saen quicker than Pattaya if driving from Bkk.

I was in Bang Saen last week, no hookers, hawkers, peddlars, ladyboys, pick pockets, farang Euro trash sex tourists, jet ski scammers or others of that ilk, be it Thai or farang.

The beach is a pleasure to stroll along in the early evening, the sea food is tasty and inexpensive.

The SS hotel is also a bargain, right across from the beach.

Give it a try, you may be surprised you didnt venture there sooner, certainly beats Pattaya every time.

Was the "S" & "," a typo on the end of ladyboy?

Edited by Basil B