Angered By Cyber Attacks, Ptt Says Shinawatra Clan Holds Only 0.002% Of Shares

webfact

Thaksin also ordered ministers to clarify against allegations that he owns a massive number of PTT shares, saying the allegation is not true because PTT is a truly public company.

post-46292-0-40368300-1363683360_thumb.j Lie for me

post-46292-0-83049400-1363683508_thumb.j Yes Boss

Noppadol Pattama, a legal advisor to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, flatly denied the rumour that Thaksin and his family hold a share in PTT Plc, the national oil and gas company.

OMB who feels like a fool now?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the SET the listed common stock is 2,856,299,625 which would suggest the figure is indeed 57,126 shares being 0,002%.

I think wai.gif

The top 14 holders, again on the SET bottom out at 0.52% evaluated at 14,880,417 common stock.

Not wishing to be pedantic but 0.002% of 2,856,299,625 = 5,712,599 or 5.712 million shares.

What kind of calculator are you using?

Your calculation shows 0.002 x 2,856,299,625= 5,712,599 BUT you have to divide again by 100 because it is percentage.

In fact it's 0.00002 X ..... = 57,125 shares

wai.gif

I humbly apologise,you are of course correct.

No he is not, post another one with different figures smile.pngburp.gif

Thaksin also ordered ministers to clarify against allegations that he owns a massive number of PTT shares, saying the allegation is not true because PTT is a truly public company.

attachicon.gifthaksin cries.jpg Lie for me

attachicon.gifNoppadol Pattama.jpg Yes Boss

Noppadol Pattama, a legal advisor to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, flatly denied the rumour that Thaksin and his family hold a share in PTT Plc, the national oil and gas company.

OMB who feels like a fool now?

I'm quite sure no one will call his hand on this.

Try this

0.002% of 2,856,299,625

move decimal point 2 places left for 1% ie 1/100 = 28,562,996.25

move decimal point 3 more places left for 0.001% ie 1/1000 = 28,562.99625

Now double it for 0.002% = 57,136

• Like 1

.002% of 2.85 billion = 57,000. I noticed they didn't name the owner of these shares.

Possibly couldn't remember which maid they had them registered to.

I wish I owned only .002% of the shares.

While the clan may only own .002% how big a share do they control?

According to the SET the listed common stock is 2,856,299,625 which would suggest the figure is indeed 57,126 shares being 0,002%.

I think wai.gif

The top 14 holders, again on the SET bottom out at 0.52% evaluated at 14,880,417 common stock.

thumbsup.gif

LOL @ more arithmetic posts than any other aspect... let's see if we can wrap it up.

It would seem the 57,126 is the proper number.

57,126 shares

x 339 per share

19,365,714 baht stock value

+ 100,000,000 baht "giveaway"

119,365,714 Baht Payday for he at PTT (or SET) who produces the evidence = Noppadon showing where he's been moved to within Shinawatra Ltd. as the new branch manager of Preah Vihear SC Asset, between the Thai Artillery and on the Thai side next to the Cambodian bunker.

Noppadon.pattama.explaining+the+preah+vi

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 2

Heavens an arithmetical corner. I did round up "57,125.9925" to 6 hence 57,126 but I'll live with 57,125 wai.gif but whichever it is, it's a [inset Samual L. Jackson's favourite move phrase] lot more than zero but no doubt 'an honest mistake" perchance.

Edited by A_Traveller

The cyber attack headline got me thinking.......could a certain Skype account be hacked...disabled? could be fun for an enterprising young person looking for some fun.

Edited by Mudcrab

What about Googling "Basic arithmetic". wink.png

To make it very obvious regarding % and what others can relate to. Let's say you have 1 million baht in the bank and earning 3% per year. Based on the math I've seen here that would be 3 Million baht per year in interest - where do I sign up? biggrin.png

So who gets the shares + 100 million THB since it was stated yesterday that the family had ZERO shares in PTT, which is not the same as 0.002 per cent?

There are many ways to hide their names and holdings and still owning high percentage of the stocks,

Another suggestion for the number of shares calculation:

Use Excel or any spreadsheet

Enter 2,850,000,000 into a cell (X)

Enter 0.002% into an adjoining cell (Y)

Multiply (*) X by Y

Answer 57,000

Easy

Edited by khunken

the Shinawatra family’s share ownership in PTT represented only 0.002 per cent of the firm's total shares.

The government holds 67 per cent of PTT shares

It's a good thing that the government of Prime Minister Shinawatra holds no sway over PTT.

I remember want to buy the IP when PTT privitsed, 300,000,000 (if my memory serves me correctly were sold out in 82 seconds. Pre-booking was not allowed.... Who got the lion's share of the stock????? The share par was (what?) 22 baht? Went up to 258 baht ++ not long after...... BTW - I was only able to buy 10,000 shares - wanted to buy 100,000. Where did the shares actually go?????? Any takers??????

the Shinawatra family’s share ownership in PTT represented only 0.002 per cent of the firm's total shares.

It's a good thing that the government of Prime Minister Shinawatra holds no sway over PTT.

I remember want to buy the IP when PTT privitsed, 300,000,000 (if my memory serves me correctly were sold out in 82 seconds. Pre-booking was not allowed.... Who got the lion's share of the stock????? The share par was (what?) 22 baht? Went up to 258 baht ++ not long after...... BTW - I was only able to buy 10,000 shares - wanted to buy 100,000. Where did the shares actually go?????? Any takers??????

Prebought by institutional investors, banks and mutual funds. Not unusual and is a normal occurrence for large companies that undertake an IPO. If these orders were not in place, the IPO would fail. It is not cost effective to allow small individual transactions at the first transaction. Sorry, but no conspiracy for the IPO.

Nothing like hysteria and hyperbole. There are approximately 3 billion shares outstanding for PTT.

And then there is the claim that former PM Thaksin has approx. 58K shares. If true, the number is insignificant. I too hold shares through my pension fund, and probably have more influence than some puny 58K shareholder because my pension fund holds millions of shares.

These are PTT's major shareholders. http://www.pttep.com/en/InvestorRelations_ShareholderInformation.aspx

The Royal Household holds shares through its investment vehicles as do most of Thailand's major investment funds, and they all have holdings that dwarf the small number of shares allegedly held by former PM Thaksin. He could have held 1million shares, and it would still be an insignificant and unimportant number.

A small shareholder doesn't have much influence with PTT. even if Mr. Thaksin was as powerful as claimed by some, do you folks really believe that he would be able to push around the top 10 shareholders, and that he would do this to make an extra 20-100,000 baht on his shares? C'mon. Get real.

Nothing like hysteria and hyperbole. There are approximately 3 billion shares outstanding for PTT.

And then there is the claim that former PM Thaksin has approx. 58K shares. If true, the number is insignificant. I too hold shares through my pension fund, and probably have more influence than some puny 58K shareholder because my pension fund holds millions of shares.

These are PTT's major shareholders. http://www.pttep.com/en/InvestorRelations_ShareholderInformation.aspx

The Royal Household holds shares through its investment vehicles as do most of Thailand's major investment funds, and they all have holdings that dwarf the small number of shares allegedly held by former PM Thaksin. He could have held 1million shares, and it would still be an insignificant and unimportant number.

A small shareholder doesn't have much influence with PTT. even if Mr. Thaksin was as powerful as claimed by some, do you folks really believe that he would be able to push around the top 10 shareholders, and that he would do this to make an extra 20-100,000 baht on his shares? C'mon. Get real.

How many of these are putting up Bt100,000,000 as proof they don't own any?

• Like 2

As I recall also, it was very dramatic....

Originally a 100-per-cent state-owned corporation, PTT was launched on the SET with a partial listing in September 2001. The Finance Ministry kept 51.5 per cent of the shares but the remainder was put up for sale to the public. Thanks to computerisation, the sale of 220 million shares took just 85 seconds.

Almost immediately, there were cries of foul play and accusations that the IPO was rigged to benefit friends of the then Prime Minister, Thaksin Shinawatra, who had pushed hard for the listing. For example, critics asked how a nephew of a government minister had ended up with 2.2 million shares when the maximum number anyone was supposed to be allowed to buy was 100,000.

A number of attempts have been made in the intervening years to roll back the privatisation, all without success. PTT, which has more than 50,000 shareholders, is Thailand’s largest corporation, with revenue last year of $59.93 billion and profits of $2.6 billion.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/ptt-2001-ipo-under-attack-27360.php

Edited by Buchholz

Prebought by institutional investors, banks and mutual funds. Not unusual and is a normal occurrence for large companies that undertake an IPO. If these orders were not in place, the IPO would fail. It is not cost effective to allow small individual transactions at the first transaction. Sorry, but no conspiracy for the IPO.

Quite a few remember 2001 differently.

< snipped > as do most of Thailand's major investment funds, and they all have holdings that dwarf the small number of shares allegedly held by former PM Thaksin. He could have held 1million shares, and it would still be an insignificant and unimportant number.

Get real? Everyone has been, except you.

No one on the thread is saying that the amount of shares held by an unnamed Thaksin family member is truly significant in terms of the overall corporate structure.

The focus has been exclusively on the LIE told by the Shinawatra Klan Spokesman Noppadon that denied the Shinawatra Klan held ANY shares.

wink.png

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 2

< snipped > as do most of Thailand's major investment funds, and they all have holdings that dwarf the small number of shares allegedly held by former PM Thaksin. He could have held 1million shares, and it would still be an insignificant and unimportant number.

No one on the thread is saying that the amount of shares held by an unnamed Thaksin family member is truly significant in terms of the overall corporate structure.

The focus has been exclusively on the LIE told by the Shinawatra Klan Spokesman Noppadon that denied the Shinawatra Klan held ANY shares.

wink.png

I was under the impression that he said Thaksin held no shares. The Nation were the ones that stated the Shinawatra Clan held shares and the PTT management stated the Shinawatra Family held shares. I don't believe that anyone has said Thaksin held the shares, except on the TVF.

wink.png

I was under the impression that he said Thaksin held no shares. The Nation were the ones that stated the Shinawatra Clan held shares and the PTT management stated the Shinawatra Family held shares. I don't believe that anyone has said Thaksin held the shares, except on the TVF.

BANGKOK: -- Noppadol Pattama, a legal advisor to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, flatly denied the rumour that Thaksin and his family hold a share in PTT Plc, the national oil and gas company.

Referring to a series of attacks in some newspapers and social media that said Thaksin was behind the currently high fuel prices in Thailand, on Sunday he said the family has no single share in PTT.

this is the quote..so you can read what you will into it....

wink.png

See Post # 15 for Noppadon's wager.

I agree that geriatrickid on TVF has said that Thaksin held the shares.

I think wai.gif

Not wishing to be pedantic but 0.002% of 2,856,299,625 = 5,712,599 or 5.712 million shares.

An accurate one by the look of it

wink.png

Getting Real... A good number of the posters can't even do the math.

PTT President Pailin Chuchotttaworn told

Permanent Secretary for Energy Norkhun Sitthipong said

Interesting little merry-go-round at PTT.

A month and a half ago, Permanent Secretary for Energy Norkhun Sitthipong was the big boss of PTT as Chairman of the Board.

He abruptly and without explanation resigned from the post.

The current Chairman of the Board at PTT is Thaksin's former Deputy Transportation Minister and former Thai Rak Thai Party MP banned from politics for 5 years because of electoral fraud, Vichet Kasemthongsri.

Of course it's just coincidence that the Chairmans job came up,and an ex TRT banned MP happened to get the job whistling.gif

I think wai.gif

Well it's such a paltry amount of shares,I suppose they forgot the Clan held the shares,or perhaps the cleaner rolleyes.gif