Best Place To Buy Mature Fruit Trees

BB1955

Yes I know be much easier to plant the young ones and watch them grow but Im impatient as I am old . Anyone know a good place to buy them where they will deliver and also plant them ....

Im in HANG Dong and prefer someplace close by. But beggers can not be choosers as the saying goes .....

Not sure if anyone sells mature fruit trees. There was a thread, maybe on the farming sub-forum a few years ago about how fruit trees send down a deep tap root, making it hard to transplant. If you get grafted saplings, they will fruit. And everything grows quickly here. You don't need a large mango tree if you only need fruit for yourself.

Hang Dong soil isn't good!

I wouldn't rely on anything growing that quickly!

I have mango trees that have been in for 4 years,

still only 1 - 2m high!!!!

David

You need to dig a big hole, file it with top grade soil and compost. It will grow.

Some people just stick it into the existing soil, which is often not good enough.

• Like 1

Take the main road to sankhampaeng (hot springs) and go over the mountain (same road that leads from Central Airport Plaza and crosses super highway). Just keep going straight.

When you come down there are many nurseries.

Take the main road to sankhampaeng (hot springs) and go over the mountain (same road that leads from Central Airport Plaza and crosses super highway). Just keep going straight.

They have no cultivated fruit trees. Only trees from the jungle.

Thanks I will check them out . As far as the soil here your correct it is horrible full of rocks but we knew that when we bought it ... Just makes digging hard . Glad I made a second gate big enough for a track hoe to get in .....

Which mountain are you referring to? Is it past the hot springs and Highlands golf course?

• 8 years later...

Dear All,

we are sourcing Coconut trees, and various fruit Trees to be sent Thakhek, Khamouanne Province

would appreciate some feedback. can reach out to me on whatsapp <<<<Contact number removed, please use PM function to contact>>>>

Thank you John

Edited by metisdead
You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or Social Media addresses in posts or signatures.

On 3/21/2013 at 9:44 AM, DavidOxon said:

Hang Dong soil isn't good!

I wouldn't rely on anything growing that quickly!

I have mango trees that have been in for 4 years,

still only 1 - 2m high!!!!

David

You can say that about any soil in the world if it's not conditioned properly to grow any type of vegetation. 

I'm guessing your mango trees were planted in your yard around your house. That same yard area that the building contractor and his goonies buried all their excess concrete and construction materials.

• Like 1