Outside Catering

yeoldesage

Almost all hotels offer outside catering, as do most large Thai and Chinese restaurants.

O crap, sorry, I pressed the wrong button. Let me start again.

The last three Christmases and two dinner parties I have asked Audrey Dootson of Pie Sabai to cater for me. Let me give you an example: bacon mushroom fingerfood, salmon mousse terraine, roast lamb, veggies, potatos, gravy and mint sauce, tiramisu and a cheese platter complete with grapes for 11 people didn't even come close to ten grand! She is SUPER cheap and efficient and I seriously recommend her.

If you want something more expensive then Wicha at Chiang Dao Nest www.chiangdao.com caters suberb fusion food. For standar Thai catering there are a gazilliion places, most of them pretty nameless, but any Thai person should be able to get in touch with them - these places do staff parties, funerals, weddings, etc. Jerusalem Falafel also caters inexpensively. Happy eating.

Almost all hotels offer outside catering, as do most large Thai and Chinese restaurants.

O crap

Didn't realise my post was so far out of order! :o

If you want something more expensive then Wicha at Chiang Dao Nest www.chiangdao.com caters suberb fusion food. For standar Thai catering there are a gazilliion places, most of them pretty nameless, but any Thai person should be able to get in touch with them - these places do staff parties, funerals, weddings, etc. Jerusalem Falafel also caters inexpensively. Happy eating.

Fully agree.

If you want hotel catering, with chafing dishes, chairs, tables, linen etc. Ratanakosin Hotel seems to be inexpensive and offers both quite good Thai and passable Farang food.

• 1 year later...
Anyone know who can provide outside catering for a small party at home? Must be local and able to deliver...and not too expensive. Mainly expat finger pickin' stuff with a few hot and spicey nibbles.

Many thanks. :o

Try the catering services of Smart Catering Company Limited http://www.smartcatering.co.th. This is the catering company of the Italian restaurants and top chefs Gianni and Zanotti. It might not be the cheapest but I can only recommend it

Many thanks gents for your replies. As it was only for a small gathering and I was running out of time I was looking for something quick and easy. But the info you gave may prove to be well worthwhile in the near future.

Thanks again

Sao Jiang Mai is certainly no gentleman!!

A delightful lady in fact.