Yamaha Yzf R250

SumetCycle

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not much to say for this bike. looks OK and performs the same like cbr250 and how much will it be?

Still, swingarm looks good, rigid and strong even from the photos.

yes, exactly brian, i hope this will be a strong spark for Yamaha and us regarding big bikes.

Edited by loserlazer

great looking bike beats the honda and kawasaki offerings ,but come on 250 cc fine for in town and short journeys they just seem to be saturating the market now with these bikes,if it comes with 40bhp or more i take my comments back..lol

apparently there might be some news about the z 800 at the motor show ,now that will be interesting,imagine the amount of 2nd hand er6 hitting the market if and when the z800 comes here

Edited by taninthai

Styling is good IMO

maybe on par with Kawasaki N250 cannot say till we see some

side/front back shots to see how the fairings are working.

The stubby exhaust is good as well as the beefier swing arm

Rear hugger is good, front turn signals old style not good.

BUT........

If it is a single cylinder thumper forget it.

If it is a twin it may have legs in today's market

here in Asia & India

Edited by mania

Looks good, when is the motorshow unveil? allegedly or otherwise

The show runs from March 27th to April 7th at Muang Tong Thanni. We will be heading up with some customers on the 30th, if anyone is interested in coming along. We will be meeting here at the shop at 2 o'clock and then head up to the show. Free admission, lunch, and VIP parking provided. Hondas only please. Thanks.

Brian

Looks good, when is the motorshow unveil? allegedly or otherwise

The show runs from March 27th to April 7th at Muang Tong Thanni. We will be heading up with some customers on the 30th, if anyone is interested in coming along. We will be meeting here at the shop at 2 o'clock and then head up to the show. Free admission, lunch, and VIP parking provided. Hondas only please. Thanks.

Brian

Might join you guys brian. Bettee arrive there crowded last time about to fight with some harley guys, they blocked my way as they want enter as a group like they are so important and it is their fathers show.

From all magazine reports I've read online (for what it's worth) it appears that Yamaha might use their YZF-R125 chassis and WR250R single-cylinder engine in the design of the YZF-R250. If this holds out to be true - this would be a very interesting bike in terms of power to weight ratio.

I have a WR250R and the engine is brilliant. The WR250R has character. Below 7000 rpm it feels like any other 250cc
dual-sport. But between 7000-11,500RPM it turns into a mean, snarling, race bike - pulling very hard for a 250cc, single-cylinder dual-sport. So much fun. Yet it still retains all the characteristics you desire in a small, lightweight, reliable, and economical, great-handling bike.

The WR250R engine puts out almost 28 rear-wheel stock hp (see WR250X dyno link below). A full 3 more rear-wheel hp than a stock twin-cylinder 250 Ninja - yet boasts unmatched reliability (26,000 mile valve adjustment intervals!) If they could keep weight down to about 300 lbs wet, it would weigh 60-67 lbs less than the CBR250R, and boast 5-6 more hp.

This would give a YZF-R250 a theoretical power-to-weight advantage over even the Ninja 300 based on rear-wheel hp.

Ninja 300.....35hp.....384lbs....10.97lbs/hp

YZF-R250....28hp.....300lbs....10.71lbs/hp

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/quarterliter-supermoto-shootout-87985.html

Wishlist? Just make the ergonomics a little more comfortable - with a more upright seating position.

Mike

If they use wr250 engine than it should be a cool bike but i dont think so as they want sell it for cheap to compete with the cbr and ninjette and wr250 is more than 5k in usa.

I agree. However, if they build this bike in Thailand and offer it as a "world bike" as Honda has done with the CBR250R, they should, like Honda, realize considerable cost efficiencies in doing so. I am still holding out hope.....

WR250X vs Ninja, just for curiosity...

Skip to the 2min mark for the 1st run...

Yeah - I've watched that video previously. Based on power to weight ratio - the result is as you'd expect. However, over a longer distance the Ninja 250R would certainly catch up to and pass the WR250X, as the former it is quite a bit more aerodynamic and has a higher top speed. Still, kudos to the WR250X. Yamaha - please use this engine! It is a gem!!!

Mike

I do remember reading a shootout between the WR,CRF & one other?

I remember the WR was praised highly as far & away the best engine of the three

so that would be a good possibility.

On that video I do realize it is a few years old but,

One thing I see is power to weight is better on the motard

& the race both times was won on the launch by the WR. Whether that

was purely power to weight or also rider reaction is a ???

One thing I never understand about testers who want to use

a drag race as an example is this,

If they are going to make two or more runs then for goodness sake

swap the riders every race from bike to bike.

Drag races are a large portion down to rider reaction times & launch.

Swap the riders to validate the result.

Edited by mania

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

found these photos today of new yamaha yzf r25.

i think from Indonesia but it looks like we might see it in Thailand.

Not as nice as the 14 month old picture, and with that cylinder width sure looks like a single. Hope they price it to compete with the CBR250's price otherwise it will most likely be a non-starter in the Kingdom.

Technically Kawasaki had the better 250 (even if most of the riders on it were the bigger pricks), but Honda's wee bike outsold Kawasaki's entire 250+cc line up for at least a couple of years. Without a heap more HP or a very competitive price I doubt there will be many riders who would choose to purchase such a bike...unless they have brand loyalty from their Fino.

found these photos today of new yamaha yzf r25.

i think from Indonesia but it looks like we might see it in Thailand.

Not as nice as the 14 month old picture, and with that cylinder width sure looks like a single. Hope they price it to compete with the CBR250's price otherwise it will most likely be a non-starter in the Kingdom.

Technically Kawasaki had the better 250 (even if most of the riders on it were the bigger pricks), but Honda's wee bike outsold Kawasaki's entire 250+cc line up for at least a couple of years. Without a heap more HP or a very competitive price I doubt there will be many riders who would choose to purchase such a bike...unless they have brand loyalty from their Fino.

The Yamaha YZF-R25 as the perfect upgrade for the Fino Sport .... (I need to see this....)

• Like 1