Thai Students Set For Mass Tablet Computer Handout

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no tablets in our village school.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What's your problem, according to most here you are not missing out on anything of value for the kids education.......or are you? smile.png

This is it! this is exactly the point i need! Whats the value! The sarcasm dripping off your comment makes me think you know, and lordy! im a good teacher, i need to know too! how will this make my teaching more efficient? Im not entirely asking for pure cynical reasons. Im asking because im genuinely concerned that this is a rather strange step. In Korea they gave every classroom a massive computer and Touchscreen. I can see the relevance because the teacher is 100% in control of the content. They can use it for interactive classes (though honestly it was more used for big screen versions of the textbook and playing the dialogue - basically an OHP and tape player for the 21st century). I need to know because i want to be a better teacher. I want to bring this in and improve their English education... but im just seeing a massive headache to be honest and having to ban them from the classroom because students are using them to send messages to their mates in other classes. After school, sure, i can see it. In class, hells no! Its hard enough having 30 plus kids concentrate on their studies (we arent all hard working, self motivated and diligent after all) at the best of time. With internet access? Yikes!

Ok so as a teacher you did not take on board my previous post or did not read it.....no further comment

Still no tablets in our village school.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What's your problem, according to most here you are not missing out on anything of value for the kids education.......or are you? Posted Image
This is it! this is exactly the point i need! Whats the value! The sarcasm dripping off your comment makes me think you know, and lordy! im a good teacher, i need to know too! how will this make my teaching more efficient? Im not entirely asking for pure cynical reasons. Im asking because im genuinely concerned that this is a rather strange step. In Korea they gave every classroom a massive computer and Touchscreen. I can see the relevance because the teacher is 100% in control of the content. They can use it for interactive classes (though honestly it was more used for big screen versions of the textbook and playing the dialogue - basically an OHP and tape player for the 21st century). I need to know because i want to be a better teacher. I want to bring this in and improve their English education... but im just seeing a massive headache to be honest and having to ban them from the classroom because students are using them to send messages to their mates in other classes. After school, sure, i can see it. In class, hells no! Its hard enough having 30 plus kids concentrate on their studies (we arent all hard working, self motivated and diligent after all) at the best of time. With internet access? Yikes! 
Ok so as a teacher you did not take on board my previous post or did not read it.....no further comment

Geo.. can I ask how YOU would teach a class of 30 + 6-7 year olds with tablets.

Bearing in mind unless you physically look at each tablet you don't know what they are doing. Thanks

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Bearing in mind unless you physically look at each tablet you don't know what they are doing. Thanks

Maximum of 2 hour a day tablet use,(the tablet is not the whole teaching solution) initially for the ease of use and montoring, on mathematical learning. Homework based on Tablet apps, where possible. I also like the idea, and always have, of teachers moving around the classroom and not permanently situated at the front. I feel that the x tables for example will be just a little more interesting for the children if they are learning from a tablet rather than a central board. They can continue activities like this at home and it would also be possible for a teacher to specify to a parent additional work where a child may be seen to be falling behind. Just an example you understand.

Maximum of 2 hour a day tablet use,(the tablet is not the whole teaching solution) initially for the ease of use and montoring, on mathematical learning. Homework based on Tablet apps, where possible. I also like the idea, and always have, of teachers moving around the classroom and not permanently situated at the front. I feel that the x tables for example will be just a little more interesting for the children if they are learning from a tablet rather than a central board. They can continue activities like this at home and it would also be possible for a teacher to specify to a parent additional work where a child may be seen to be falling behind. Just an example you understand.

That's good. You put some effort into the reply.

But how will you ACTUALLY do this as unless you are looking at the tablet in question you have NO idea what they are doing.

haha! that was a bit of a cynical reply. I did pop up and re-read what you wrote. And also the post you just made. Im with thaibcr on this one. Youre not really addressing the issues of a classroom teacher IN a class. These things seem fine for small size classrooms and would be pretty decent for afterschool classes i should imagine where you can closely monitor content without having to spend your time wandering about the class making sure that the best case scenario is in fact occurring (that theyre all happy learning and using the tablet in a disciplined and educational manner).

This is sadly pie in the sky. In a larger classroom, your teacher is spending their very valuable time playing whackamole instead of clearing up their students questions and difficulties with the material. smile.png

And its no ones fault. How am i supposed to compete with that particular unique thing interesting each individual student whilst trying to educate them and stay on target with the demands of the municipality for achievement and progress (we dont work at the pace of the lowest level student im afraid)? And how is a student supposed to find a subject like English fun and engaging when they have whatever they love (be it soccer, music, fashion, shopping, their peer group, manga, gaming whatever it is) a click away and the teacher on the other side of the classroom standing over little Taro (dont know any Thai names yet), because the teacher knows that the second s/hes leave him, he'll be back messaging his mates and disrupting another poor teacher's class (or much more likely, mine).

Its a great idea in principal, i mean who would be against giving students access to the wonderful resources out there on the net for education but i really dont think thats how itll be used unfortunately. Itll be used just like how we all use the internet: a distracting time filler while we wait to do something else we're more interested in.

Edited by weecree
  • Like 1

Well if you have any experience with children and tablets you will know how quickly they recall which apps are which, so you tell them to go into the app. If you cannot gain enough visibilty by walking through the class, and a reasonable teacher would know exactly which children to concentrate on expecting failure, then you ask them to enter the app, hold up the tablet so you can easily check if one is not managing, but of course there are always kids next to them who will be able to assist. Not too difficult, you should see the kids using tablets they are very quick learners!

haha! that was a bit of a cynical reply. I did pop up and re-read what you wrote. And also the post you just made. Im with thaibcr on this one. Youre not really addressing the issues of a classroom teacher IN a class. These things seem fine for small size classrooms and would be pretty decent for afterschool classes i should imagine where you can closely monitor content without having to spend your time wandering about the class making sure that the best case scenario is in fact occurring (that theyre all happy learning and using the tablet in a disciplined and educational manner).

This is sadly pie in the sky. In a larger classroom, your teacher is spending their very valuable time playing whackamole instead of clearing up their students questions and difficulties with the material. smile.png

And its no ones fault. How am i supposed to compete with that particular unique thing interesting each individual student whilst trying to educate them and stay on target with the demands of the municipality for achievement and progress (we dont work at the pace of the lowest level student im afraid)? And how is a student supposed to find a subject like English fun and engaging when they have whatever they love (be it soccer, music, fashion, shopping, their peer group, manga, gaming whatever it is) a click away and the teacher on the other side of the classroom standing over little Taro (dont know any Thai names yet), because the teacher knows that the second s/hes leave him, he'll be back messaging his mates and disrupting another poor teacher's class (or much more likely, mine).

Its a great idea in principal, i mean who would be against giving students access to the wonderful resources out there on the net for education but i really dont think thats how itll be used unfortunately. Itll be used just like how we all use the internet: a distracting time filler while we wait to do something else we're more interested in.

Without I hope appearing rude, you appear to have limited knowledge of how tablets can be programmed regarding specific use, you also appear to be making comments that are more suitable to teenagers rather than 6 year olds....I have seen the tablets issued to schools but not seen or worked with the apps provided, you on the other hand appear to accept without question that they will carry a global roaming facility.....excuse me if I doubt this will be the case.

well i do teach middle school students. Arent they getting a tablet too?

ETA: And i can only go by what ive seen thus far and read. If you or anyone else knows what theyre locking down and how they plan to block access (was it you who wrote that 'one day theyll be teaching us' - i promise you this is true since it was students in Japan that taught me how to get past all the board of education site locks we had at school, im pretty sure theyll work around this to be honest - not at age 6 for sure, but M1-6 students will have their workarounds :P)

Anyways, call for papers then!

Instead of you and i arguing hypotheticals on the matter, has anyone used these in class? How are they being used? How are you finding them as a tool INSIDE the classroom? Are they a disruption or are they improving your students' abilities? I would honestly love to know.

Edited by weecree

"the tablets will remain the property of the school for 3 years during which time the students can take them home. After which the students will own them" clap2.gif how many tablets will still be working 1 year out not to mention 3 ? None. I have two kids at school here and i still havent spotted one tablet. Do they actually exist.

I just wish that the money had been spent on educating the teachers so that there was a chance that they might educate some of their pupils. This is value for money? I think this scheme has scam written all over it.

There is exactly Bt. 0 in corruption money for improving teacher's skills.

I listen - I forget

I see - I know

I do - I understand

Don't know where I plagiarized that from guys but I base my comments on a life of learning, you base yours on outdated structure and rote learning, sniffled individualism and a curriculum to match.....time to move on

Are you saying the only possible way to learn with out a tablet is rote learning.

I was told at the tender age of 45 long before pads and lap tops were used in schools that you go to college to learn how to learn.

I am sensing from your input that you go to school to learn what to do with a machine to get an answer rather than figure it out yourself. I am not saying they have no place in school but I am saying that they should not be given to a student until late 2nd grade or 3rd grade. Let them develop some reasoning and learning skills first before you give them a tool to do it for them.

Edit

Also the teachers should have their abilities to teach upgraded. I am not talking about their ability to teach with the aid of a machine. All though that two will be needed as the students progress in later years.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

I listen - I forget

I see - I know

I do - I understand

Don't know where I plagiarised that from guys but I base my comments on a life of learning, you base yours on outdated structure and rote learning, stiffled idividualism and a curriculum to match.....time to move on

You assume - baselessly

To have tabletPCs thrown into the schools without a proper curriculum which integrates the use of the tabletPCs, you throw away money and opportunity. The Thai school curriculum is not going to improve in this way.

The schooling system is supposed to create an equal base for all kids. That's not the case at the moment. TabletPCs will not help. With some parents having problems to buy proper clothes for their kids to go to school it is hilarious to assume that tabletPCs 'are the way to go'. You simply forgot a few steps in between which have to be gone first.

You have hit a vary valid point there.

The word Equal If a student has the brain of an Eisenstein but is some what Tech challenged it will not give him a chance to develop his learning and reasoning abilities.

Equal can be a knotty problem here.

I listen - I forget

I see - I know

I do - I understand

Don't know where I plagiarised that from guys but I base my comments on a life of learning, you base yours on outdated structure and rote learning, stiffled idividualism and a curriculum to match.....time to move on

You assume - baselessly

To have tabletPCs thrown into the schools without a proper curriculum which integrates the use of the tabletPCs, you throw away money and opportunity. The Thai school curriculum is not going to improve in this way.

The schooling system is supposed to create an equal base for all kids. That's not the case at the moment. TabletPCs will not help. With some parents having problems to buy proper clothes for their kids to go to school it is hilarious to assume that tabletPCs 'are the way to go'. You simply forgot a few steps in between which have to be gone first.

School uniform clothes, new back pack recently purchased under 1000 baht for a term.........it costs more in school donations, it costs about the same for a school daytrip, please refrain from your mocking hilarity if you do not fully understand the cost of schooling. The uniforms are not expensive nor is the stitching of the name on the shirt. Do you have first hand knowledge about kitting out a school child?

I think you should maybe try to understand that all families do not have the money you think they have. 1,000 baht will feed them for a month.

• Like 1

ETA: And i can only go by what ive seen thus far and read. If you or anyone else knows what theyre locking down and how they plan to block access (was it you who wrote that 'one day theyll be teaching us' - i promise you this is true since it was students in Japan that taught me how to get past all the board of education site locks we had at school, im pretty sure theyll work around this to be honest - not at age 6 for sure, but M1-6 students will have their workarounds tongue.png)

Instead of you and i arguing hypotheticals on the matter, has anyone used these in class? How are they being used? How are you finding them as a tool INSIDE the classroom? Are they a disruption or are they improving your students' abilities? I would honestly love to know.

I think that is a question that will take some years to answer. If indeed it is ever researched.

Remember that education is a low priority in the government. Put aside a large amount of money and don't bother to see if it is improving any thing or not. The very fact that there are schools in Thailand with out electricity tells us how much they really care about education.

ETA: And i can only go by what ive seen thus far and read. If you or anyone else knows what theyre locking down and how they plan to block access (was it you who wrote that 'one day theyll be teaching us' - i promise you this is true since it was students in Japan that taught me how to get past all the board of education site locks we had at school, im pretty sure theyll work around this to be honest - not at age 6 for sure, but M1-6 students will have their workarounds :P)

IMO You make valid points:

Will your students get them?

If so, how will they be used, for what benefit?

I assume you have no lesson plans based on the need for the tablets, purely because you don't have a need for them.

I assume that you consider your lessons remain valid. I also assume that you don't lose sleep at night, wondering how things would be so much better for your students, if only you had the tablets.

(Oops - many assumptions!)

Or perhaps I misread your post.

Guys, train a child to use the information highways, tools available, and I would say the child (taught to read) could almost get through life without going to school!! - E-mail and spell check has replaced letters, the calculator replaces simple mathematics In todays environment technology enables fingertip knowledge and solutions (Not all of course)
Some of you raise valid concerns regarding the current methodology that has inched forward over the decades. Well I feel there is a major shift arriving.The learning process worldwide must experience a radical change, and technology for the individual student is to me a worthy enhancement, (Many older students already have access to information highways by Iphone/smartphone etc.

I feel the real shape of the future occupation of a child will not come in the lower education system but in the universities, where their access to information and knowledge can be honed into a more defined career path. Schooling at the lower levels will be more about providing education and conditioning in the 'do and dont' part of the system, social discipline if you like, also promote, the idea that a 9-5 existance is the norm in preparation for their future, the type of 'education' that cannot be provided by technology.

Major corporates have for quite some time used web based learning tools to keep their workforce current in the art of technology, social work based responsibilities, and a plethora of other learning aspects. The key to the future of education is to facilitate the access to these constantly improving educational facilities.

I fully support the introduction of the younger members of Thai society to the world of technology, a world already entered by their teen compatriots, the challenge to the education system is to manage this change. So guys do not blame the tablet, or the introduction of the tablet. It is time for the education chiefs in Thailand to pull their heads out of the prehistoric teaching modes and work to incorporate this technology into the enhancement it can prove to be. Or be left behind.....

Edited by 473geo

I listen - I forget

I see - I know

I do - I understand

I think the correct version was

Tell me and I will forget

Show me and I will remember

Involve me and I will understand

All the same. If you do not allow children (or workers or management) to be involved in the process then you are banging your head on the wall in terms of the progress you will achieve.

At the end of the day, it is difficult to control educated, thinking, questioning people. Does Thailand's elite really want to change the education system....I don't think so, and Thaksin has sat round the fire having a brandy with Hun Sen and has learned first hand the power of keeping people stupid and getting rid of those who are not. Nothing will change and without a good basic education involving using and developing the brain, computer tablets just help keep children more stupid. My kids are at a school and a kindergarten in town, and the Directors of both are always saying to parents...please don't let your children use ipads for too long. I agree with them, yet the Thai Education Ministry are planning to have kids use them 7 hours a day. Stupid !

• Like 1

Guys, train a child to use the information highways, tools available, and I would say the child (taught to read) could almost get through life without going to school!! - E-mail and spell check has replaced letters, the calculator replaces simple mathematics In todays environment technology enables fingertip knowledge and solutions (Not all of course)

Some of you raise valid concerns regarding the current methodology that has inched forward over the decades. Well I feel there is a major shift arriving.The learning process worldwide must experience a radical change, and technology for the individual student is to me a worthy enhancement, (Many older students already have access to information highways by Iphone/smartphone etc.

I feel the real shape of the future occupation of a child will not come in the lower education system but in the universities, where their access to information and knowledge can be honed into a more defined career path. Schooling at the lower levels will be more about providing education and conditioning in the 'do and dont' part of the system, social discipline if you like, also promote, the idea that a 9-5 existance is the norm in preparation for their future, the type of 'education' that cannot be provided by technology.

Major corporates have for quite some time used web based learning tools to keep their workforce current in the art of technology, social work based responsibilities, and a plethora of other learning aspects. The key to the future of education is to facilitate the access to these constantly improving educational facilities.

I fully support the introduction of the younger members of Thai society to the world of technology, a world already entered by their teen compatriots, the challenge to the education system is to manage this change. So guys do not blame the tablet, or the introduction of the tablet. It is time for the education chiefs in Thailand to pull their heads out of the prehistoric teaching modes and work to incorporate this technology into the enhancement it can prove to be. Or be left behind.....

It might be better to be left behind !

Spielbergs brilliance. WALL-E for those who haven't seen the movie, stick with the first minute and see where we are currently headed wink.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9s7afoYI-M

Oh dear Jim so far behind the times, been a while since you travelled on a rush hour train I guess.

The world is changing Jim, occupations now involve maintaining and utilising machines to do the actual work, presetting apps to manage your hectic lifestyle.

You may not like it, I feel it is my duty to inform you Jim this phenomenon has been around for quite a while, already infiltrated Thailand.

The Thailand we knew and loved is changing...........get used to it Jim, complaining about the introduction of Tablets and trying to limit the use of Ipads is not going to stem the tide

The people who will suffer will be those who have not gathered the confidence and technical skills to access their chosen profession, of course there is no real need in some sectors for technology, although I do know my rice growing neighbour likes to check the gold prices on a daily basis

Although the discussion on how usefull tabletPCs can be if their use is fully integrated in the school's curriculum, the topic is just that 'Thai students set for Mass Tablet Computer Handout'.

The 800,000++ which were ordered last year (from all P1 schoolkids) and to be available in the school year that ended March 2013 seem not to be available to all (P1 kids). The 1.6m to be ordered for P1 and M1 kids for use in the 2013/2014 school year which started this month will be fully delivered ninety days after contract signing after supplier selected after the mid-June 2013 bidding.

Details on the MoE provided educational programs for P2 (kids move from P1 to P2 taking their tabletPC) and M1 seem unknown to teachers.

Now tell me again, tabletPCs are important or even essential?

the idea that a 9-5 existance is the norm in preparation for their future,

Oh dear Geo, you really have cocked up this time, that is trying to teach them that they will always be working for someone else.

Anyone who has ever owned a business or been self employed in any other way will tell you there is no such thing as 9-5.

If you want to teach kids to think for themselves and end up in the top 10% teaching 9-5 is not the way to do it.

I'm no teacher but I do know that the best way for kids, and anyone for that matter, to learn is to get out and do things, interactive teaching, isn't it called?

Although there is a place for tablets, going places, seeing things, doing things along with good old fashioned book learning is the way to go

I give you an example, we took the kids (9yrs) to Kanchanaburi and the Bridge Over the River Kwae recently and when they came home gave them books on the history.

Having seen the bridge, the cemetery, museum, Hellfire Pass they could relate to what they were reading in the books and really understand what went on.

They could never have got the same understanding from a tablet.

• Like 2

Note 'the idea' as in current and probably future structured lifestyle.........

Of course there are self employed, but guess what, those that interact with 9 - 5 business have core hours.....care to guess what they might be.....of course then there are people such as myself who work on topics encompassing the whole world and 24 hour timescales.....know what makes this communication rewarding and possible......technology......

I could throw back at you the argument that some of you fellow disenters have tried in vain to use......I mean how are kids who cannot afford a school uniform going to get out and visit places......all over the world...where a simple IT connection can take them?

Myself I like the idea of school trips if for nothing else but to make school fun and exciting and giving the kids something to look forward to.

Edited by 473geo

Oh dear Jim so far behind the times, been a while since you travelled on a rush hour train I guess.

The world is changing Jim, occupations now involve maintaining and utilising machines to do the actual work, presetting apps to manage your hectic lifestyle.

You may not like it, I feel it is my duty to inform you Jim this phenomenon has been around for quite a while, already infiltrated Thailand.

The Thailand we knew and loved is changing...........get used to it Jim, complaining about the introduction of Tablets and trying to limit the use of Ipads is not going to stem the tide

The people who will suffer will be those who have not gathered the confidence and technical skills to access their chosen profession, of course there is no real need in some sectors for technology, although I do know my rice growing neighbour likes to check the gold prices on a daily basis

It seems to have had an effect on communication skills also. You would do far better in trying to get your message across if you were less insulting, remotely accurate and less patronizing.

You discuss the leaps and bounds in technology and assessing your chosen profession, most of us on here are discussing the impact on a very young child's education, not Uni students or working professionals, and through my chosen profession (s) I have a sound grip on the technology requirements I need to continue being successful, but thank you for your misplaced concern non the less.

The concept of skipping out the basics is catching on everywhere, at our peril. If you cannot use your brain first, then how do you exploit the technology? Ultimately you won't be able to and everything you see and get access to will be controlled by those with a vested interest. Remember next time you go flying that the young guy at the front (who will be a Captain in 8 years) has been trained on a similar hoop skipping system now, as it's cheaper. He is very good operating the aircraft with its computer interfaces, but guess what, turn it all off and he can't fly the aircraft. I will make sure that my kids are fully conversant and skilled in the use of technology, but I will also ensure that come the first EMP or level 9 sunflare that fries every circuit and chip on the planet, they will be able to subtract 65 from a 100 without the aid of an electronic assistant. Train the brain, the rest is easy, but use a tool designed to omit the requirement for the brain to work (and therefore develop) at too early a stage then when you take the tool away..............!

Your world of blind acceptance and mental lazyness towards technology is headed straight for where the video clip illustrates, watch it and weep. Schools now full of fat kids because a computer game offers a more intense experience at home than they perceive can be experienced by climbing a tree or playing kick can. These Tablets are a great idea if they are used to CONSOLIDATE learning, not to replace the learning process. Indeed why bother learning about Geography or History, in the middle of a discussion in your future world, when someone mentions the Industrial revolution you can simply raise your smart pad and see what that meant. It somewhat stifles social interaction though. And while I am on rant mode can British TV users start to remember their education and not succumb to the mindless instructions of the US spellchecker used by TV. We spell Colour, colour, not color etc etc , don't worry about the little red line under the word, YOU are spelling it correctly, the computer is not.

The tabletPCs which had been distributed and were used in school in 2012/2013 were part of an updated curriculum for P1 although books were still an alternative as not all P1 kids could get a tabletPC on time. The recommended use was about 2 hours a day and programs aimed at P1 kids (simple maths, words, etc.) Free access to the WWW was not part of the curriculum, although WiFi is promised. Access filtering at school? Access speed at school?

P1 kids taking 'their' tabletPc to P2 will probably need an 'educational program' upgrade to reflect a P2 programme. The P1 program may need adjustments depending on feedback from those teachers/kids who had the opportunity to use it. Final versions of the program for P1/M1 cannot be made as the O.S. of the new tabletPCs is not known yet. The first P1 batch only had Android 4.0.

I don't think anyone is against using tabletPCs nicely integrated in a school curriculum. In Thailand we have the situation that the current government promised to give tabletPCs to all schoolkids and only afterwards started to wonder about what to do with those tablets. Furthermore even telling all how important tabletPCs are, the process to buy and distribute them belies an urgency. The educational programs for P1 seem nice, but hardly really challenging, P2/M1 unknown. If the programs reflect the curriculum before presented in books and most agreeing the Thai curriculum is old-fashioned, how can the tabletPCs help? That's assuming kids get them on time to use in school.

It seems to have had an effect on communication skills also. You would do far better in trying to get your message across if you were less insulting, remotely accurate and less patronizing.

You discuss the leaps and bounds in technology and assessing your chosen profession, most of us on here are discussing the impact on a very young child's education, not Uni students or working professionals, and through my chosen profession (s) I have a sound grip on the technology requirements I need to continue being successful, but thank you for your misplaced concern non the less.

The concept of skipping out the basics is catching on everywhere, at our peril. If you cannot use your brain first, then how do you exploit the technology? Ultimately you won't be able to and everything you see and get access to will be controlled by those with a vested interest. Remember next time you go flying that the young guy at the front (who will be a Captain in 8 years) has been trained on a similar hoop skipping system now, as it's cheaper. He is very good operating the aircraft with its computer interfaces, but guess what, turn it all off and he can't fly the aircraft. I will make sure that my kids are fully conversant and skilled in the use of technology, but I will also ensure that come the first EMP or level 9 sunflare that fries every circuit and chip on the planet, they will be able to subtract 65 from a 100 without the aid of an electronic assistant. Train the brain, the rest is easy, but use a tool designed to omit the requirement for the brain to work (and therefore develop) at too early a stage then when you take the tool away..............!

Your world of blind acceptance and mental lazyness towards technology is headed straight for where the video clip illustrates, watch it and weep. Schools now full of fat kids because a computer game offers a more intense experience at home than they perceive can be experienced by climbing a tree or playing kick can. These Tablets are a great idea if they are used to CONSOLIDATE learning, not to replace the learning process. Indeed why bother learning about Geography or History, in the middle of a discussion in your future world, when someone mentions the Industrial revolution you can simply raise your smart pad and see what that meant. It somewhat stifles social interaction though. And while I am on rant mode can British TV users start to remember their education and not succumb to the mindless instructions of the US spellchecker used by TV. We spell Colour, colour, not color etc etc , don't worry about the little red line under the word, YOU are spelling it correctly, the computer is not.

Google the amount of flying hours and in what type of aircraft must be achieved prior to a young guy flying a 747......IT is your friend

Google the amount of flying hours and in what type of aircraft must be achieved prior to a young guy flying a 747......IT is your friend

I have spent 15 years instructing them, my inbuilt technology has no requirement for google thank you.

Funny too regarding the climbing a tree or playing kick can, the kids in our area do just that in the school holidays, bicycle to school too, how can you convert poor parenting into a stick with which to beat technological advancement.