Cigars In Thailand

coreyw123

Now living in Ubon Ratchathani, looking for any places that sell cigars. I would even be happy with Philles, Swisher sweets, or any other cheap cigar or cigarillo. Anyone know where to get these??? I haven't seen any at any gas stations or shops. Thanks!

I buy real Cuban Cigar for 12 Baht each in lots of 50 These cigar are almost 7 inches long

I can not put the address up because I do not want to break the rules of this Forum

I thought that rule was just for negative comments, not positive recommendations as long as you're not stepping on sponsor's toes?

I buy real Cuban Cigar for 12 Baht each in lots of 50 These cigar are almost 7 inches long

I can not put the address up because I do not want to break the rules of this Forum

you mean you cannot reveal the name and address of the member of the corps-de-diplomatique, who smuggles them into the country ? whistling.gif

By the way, 12 Baht for a "real" cigar from Cuba . . if you are talking "Montechristos" or "Cohibas", it is ridiculous, sounds like absolute nonsense. Even "home-rolled" from private cuban kitchens they should cost more . . .

... or were they home-rolled in Chiang Saen up north, labelled "Real Cuba" in fat chinese letters . . oh yeah !!

Listen if they wew brought for 1500 baht in Bangkok any better I known my cigars and these are just as good

I been smoking Cigars for over 65 years

Bluebell marketing(Thailand) Co, Ltd. 6th floor, room no. 6A-3 999ploenchit Rd. Lumpini, Patumwan Bangkok 10330 O am a pipe smoker but they have a very reasonable cigar supply too

Any good pipe tobacco there? Best I've found in Thailand is Peterson's, sold at Friendship and Best in Pattaya.

.. to the OP

coreyw123

..you see, there are tobacco growers in Thailand's north, and they seemed to have produced some "longs" from their harvests, according to barefoot1988.

So it might be worth a further search , but I am sorry I can't be of no help as I live in the south of Eesarn.

and for harryfrompattaya - guess the 12 Baht per CUBAN cigar was a typo . . ain't no one here loosing any face when admitting it, so come on !

crazygreg44, on 22 Mar 2013 - 18:59, said:

.. to the OP

coreyw123

..you see, there are tobacco growers in Thailand's north, and they seemed to have produced some "longs" from their harvests, according to barefoot1988.

So it might be worth a further search , but I am sorry I can't be of no help as I live in the south of Eesarn.

and for harryfrompattaya - guess the 12 Baht per CUBAN cigar was a typo . . ain't no one here loosing any face when admitting it, so come on !

No typo just known how to buy. Do you think the 2800 Cuban cigars brought in Bangkok cost more that 3 baht to make. No typo it cost little than 3 baht to make

3 Baht to make? I was the best man for a guy from Habana, Cuba. He used to joke and impress all the ladies, claiming that his uncle had a cigar factory in Habana. I got him that far as to confessing he actually meant his aunt's backyard kitchen !

3 Baht is 10 cent US, we would think that nobody even in Cuba would start to roll a cigarette, less than a doing a cigar, for this money. Except if all the tobacco fell off a truck, I am tempted to believe they would charge a Yankee Dollar for 10 pieces. 25 Dollars US used to be an academic / teachers monthly wage ! That's actually not so far from what harryfrompattaya is telling. Hard to believe but probably true.

So all your real cuban cigars fell of a truck and 98% of the cuban people still have not enough to make a decent living on. Wonder how many hi-so's are cashing in the 2797 Baht profit for the COHIBA that gets sold in Bangers. For most Cubans, it's a brave new world !

Edited by crazygreg44

I'd love to hear where to buy these 12 baht Cubans. I'm starting to feel I got cheated. The last Cohiba I smoked in Bangkok was 2800 Baht. biggrin.png

Edited by welsh1

!2 baht cuban cigars. think the OP is suffering from diarrhea of the mouth syndrome.

There is a good shop here in Khon Kaen, they sell lots of imported wine, you can also by many different brand name cigars,(which are not cheap) you can buy rolling tobacco ( golden Virginia) , you can even buy hand crafted pipes, and pipe tobacco,,,12 baht a cigar, do you do delivery's?

Yahooka, on 21 Mar 2013 - 19:30, said:

And if you gets a crawing for cigars,try the nearest..............pharmacy thumbsup.gif .Yes a lot of them usually sells cigars that are quite OK.

There's only one pharmacy that I have ever seen that sells cigars. I bought one there when my daughter was born in Bamrungrad Hospital. The pharmacy is between soi 2 and 4 Sukhumvit. There used to be lots that sold alcohol but I don't see them any more.

• 3 weeks later...

Cigars are all overpriced in Thailand. Order them wholsale and have them shipped in, half the time they get delivered without having to pay any duty. Quality and authenticity, as well as the pricing, make buying in Thailand a complete farce

The last stat on cubans i saw was that 80% of all monti #2's on the shelves in the world are counterfeits.

judging from my experience with single malt scotch in TL,

(only 2 bars out of 20 that had single malt scotch, was actually filled with single malt scotch!blink.png )

I would say that 99% of the places that have cubans, are actually fakes.

Buying Cohiba Siglo VI (the best cig in the world IMO) from spain cost me$325 per box plus shipping

Monit #2 was $245 per box (second best cig in the world IMO), and a box of Partagas series D #4's was $185 (when available, great smokes, hard to get).

How do i know i was getting cubans? well a cuban buddy told me so, for one (The cigs looked like it was rolled properly, the unbroken tax seal looked genuine to him, serial numbers on tax seal were unique and varied, ect) , and the US customs intercepts about 10% of my shipments a year with a nasty message. ie, "We believe this is contraband from an embargoed country, bla bla bla, if you wish to contest this ruling, bla bla bla." In my head i could see the customs guys sitting around with some scotch and MY cigs, toasting me for their good fortune.whistling.gif

I would scan the letter, and email it to the company, and they would apologize and send a replacement shipment asap. (you get good service when you order a box every other moth)

To make along story short, if you got a Cuban for under a buck, I want some. Hell, if you got any Cig in TL for under a buck, i want some! :D

Lastly i hear you can get bulk tobacco in TL. I was thinking about rolling my own. I know what to look for in a good cig, so i'm thinking i can roll some also. Anyone know where i can get some bulk tobacco? It has to be whole leaf, no cut filler. I'm looking mostly in the Bkk and/or Rayong areas.

I see my previous post was deleted as a commercial ad. Sorry about that. I'm just a guy coming in for 11 weeks to shoot pool, smoke cigars and have fun. Didn't mean to violate any rules. Was just trying to comment on the abundance of overpriced garbage cubans in bkk.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree with the sentiment that if you want a good cigar here, you will either be heavily overcharged, buy a fake, or perhaps both. There is this rule I have, the minute you set out to look for something here, just prepare your mind it will be about 5 times more difficult to find, and it will be about 2 or 3 times more expensive, and the quality will be about half.

The last stat on cubans i saw was that 80% of all monti #2's on the shelves in the world are counterfeits.

judging from my experience with single malt scotch in TL,

(only 2 bars out of 20 that had single malt scotch, was actually filled with single malt scotch!blink.png )

I would say that 99% of the places that have cubans, are actually fakes.

Buying Cohiba Siglo VI (the best cig in the world IMO) from spain cost me$325 per box plus shipping

Monit #2 was $245 per box (second best cig in the world IMO), and a box of Partagas series D #4's was $185 (when available, great smokes, hard to get).

How do i know i was getting cubans? well a cuban buddy told me so, for one (The cigs looked like it was rolled properly, the unbroken tax seal looked genuine to him, serial numbers on tax seal were unique and varied, ect) , and the US customs intercepts about 10% of my shipments a year with a nasty message. ie, "We believe this is contraband from an embargoed country, bla bla bla, if you wish to contest this ruling, bla bla bla." In my head i could see the customs guys sitting around with some scotch and MY cigs, toasting me for their good fortune.whistling.gif

I would scan the letter, and email it to the company, and they would apologize and send a replacement shipment asap. (you get good service when you order a box every other moth)

To make along story short, if you got a Cuban for under a buck, I want some. Hell, if you got any Cig in TL for under a buck, i want some! biggrin.png

Lastly i hear you can get bulk tobacco in TL. I was thinking about rolling my own. I know what to look for in a good cig, so i'm thinking i can roll some also. Anyone know where i can get some bulk tobacco? It has to be whole leaf, no cut filler. I'm looking mostly in the Bkk and/or Rayong areas.

What I pay, ex- Hong Kong. Order online Monday, shipped same day and usually collect them either Wednesday or Thursday at the post office in Bangkok.

Cohiba Siglo VI 25's - US$377.00

Montecristo No. 2 25's - US$205.00

Partagas Serie D No.4 25's - US$162.00

I find Cohiba an unspectacular smoke and hence over-priced. Montecristo quality can be all over the shop but nice when you get a good one. Partagas usually rocks!

My favourite of late are Quai D'Orsay Superiores... quite nice at US$260 for 25.

Please PM me with your Spanish supplier details; I may need to re-stock my Scottish humidor at the castle this summer.