Apple Tv And Airplay Is Awesome

DaveBKK

Apple TV w/airplay is just awesome. Watching all the NCAA tourney games in near HD on the big screen in BKK. Who needs TrueVisions? (Yeah yeah I now all you non-Americans or non Uni in US grads care). But seriously the flexibility air play provides is just incredible.

I have an Apple TV hooked up to my TV, and the NCAA tournament app on my iPhone (can also be ipad or iPod touch). The NCAA app is free and you can see all the games, PROVIDED you also have either a VPN that shows gives you an IP in the States, or a DNS proxy service like Unblock US (something like that).

Google search DNS proxy and you'll see some options. Sidenote: ONLY use the DNS proxy for streaming...as the way they are usually set-up, whoever runs the proxy can see everything you're doing online.

Back to viewing...so I put whatever game on my iPhone and just airplay (easy built in functionality) to the Apple TV and voila.

I also use NFL GamePass to see all NFL games, but this require a subscription, and MLB, NBA and the NHL all have apps. (Btw these subscription app don't need a VPN as they encourage international viewership).

It is a bit of a set-up, but once it's all done its easy peasy.