Rental Rate Per Sq Meter In Bkk Shopping Malls

Hi,

Is there anywhere that we can find data about square meter price in different shopping malls in Bkk or I will need to contact them directly? Google wasn't very helpful. If anyone knows by experience the cost of specific malls that would also be helpful. I'm interested in the major malls mostly.

Thanks in advance,

Don't bother asking, because as a falang, you definitely can't afford it in ANY major mall in downtown Bangkok. Remember the old saying "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it?" Also don't forget the even older saying "As a falang, your price will be at least double the Thai price."

If you don't have anything constructive to say don't post. You have no idea of my financial situation and what I'm doing and can't know what I can or not afford. I have a Thai wife and still working on the business plan, so yes I need to ask to get information about costs and prices.

All I'm asking is if we can find this information somewhere or if someone has already dealt with The Mall or Central and knows some numbers. If not I will just ask her to look for it.

• Like 2

You can actually call the shopping mall office to enquire. That's what I did a few year back. They emailed me the floor plan and the prices. Certain mall require you to go down personally.

Go to the website of the mall and search for the contacts numbers.

Edited by Happy Go Lucky

This is interesting, Ive always been curious about what the rents were in the malls. 1600 baht for a small area in MBK is much, much cheaper than I would have ever guessed. Givenall can you share what kind of shop you have there and what other costs are involved.

As for FalangBaas comments, I wouldnt jump on him so fast, what he said about non Thais getting quoted higher prices is very true, Im always very cautious when something doesnt have a stated price.

• Like 1

This is interesting, Ive always been curious about what the rents were in the malls. 1600 baht for a small area in MBK is much, much cheaper than I would have ever guessed. Givenall can you share what kind of shop you have there and what other costs are involved.

As for FalangBaas comments, I wouldnt jump on him so fast, what he said about non Thais getting quoted higher prices is very true, Im always very cautious when something doesnt have a stated price.

my area is 150 sm and you have to ay for utilities too and of course any other services like aircon cleaning, etc.

If you don't have anything constructive to say don't post. You have no idea of my financial situation and what I'm doing and can't know what I can or not afford. I have a Thai wife and still working on the business plan, so yes I need to ask to get information about costs and prices.

All I'm asking is if we can find this information somewhere or if someone has already dealt with The Mall or Central and knows some numbers. If not I will just ask her to look for it.

I got as far as "I have a Thai wife..." and then any thought of business plans or financial prosperity went out the window. Wishing to be financially successful in Thailand, there's ONE thing in particular you should never do.

I got as far as "I have a Thai wife..." and then any thought of business plans or financial prosperity went out the window. Wishing to be financially successful in Thailand, there's ONE thing in particular you should never do.

<deleted>? You clearly run in the wrong crowd. There are many Thai woman very capable of putting together a solid business plan and running a successful business. My wife among them, and she hasn't asked a dime from me.

Edited by USNret

He did say per sqm. :)

Don't bother asking, because as a falang, you definitely can't afford it in ANY major mall in downtown Bangkok. Remember the old saying "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it?" Also don't forget the even older saying "As a falang, your price will be at least double the Thai price."

"If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it?"

yes its an old saying but its bullshit.

If you do not ask the price and then order the food, the drink, the shop, the furniture.... you will possibly be charged too much. There is no harm and no issue in asking a price. Would you sign up to rent a shop, or condo without knowing the price? maybe so?

If you are looking at the high end malls it is quite expensive. One of my best friends has about 130 sq m in Gaysorn and pays about 650K per month, but it is a prime location in the mall. That is all on a 3 year lease.

Edited by ianguygil

FalangBaa you seem to have passed way too much time with bar girls to know what is a Thai that comes from middle class, has uni degree, comes from a family with business, etc. Clearly you have no credibility for what I'm asking based on your posts.

Back to the topic, if Gaysorn is around 5000baht per SQM, then good chance Central, the Mall and the like will be around 3000 like MBK depending the location in the mall. This is actually pretty good considering the foot traffic in those malls, some of them you have upward of 100k per day.

He did say per sqm. smile.png

err yeah I see that now, it was Sunday and I was pretty hung over when I replied whistling.gif

Jesus - bitter much ? The OP asked a simple question, and you cut him off at the knees - way to go, Mr Negativity. For all you know, he has a Thai partner who can make the enquiry on his behalf and just wants some sort of ballpark figure before he gets himself in any deeper : in any case, he doesnt deserve that kind of scorn.

What do you expect, TiT, Thaivisa is Thaivisa (full of bitter expats who are self proclaimed thai experts)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It can also depend what type of shop. For restaurants and food kiosk, Mall Group, Central P., Silom Complex charge fairly standard terms; 25-30% of gross sales. That includes their cashier. They collect and pay your sales net of their percentage into your business account. They expect you to do a minimum of 5k baht per day. If your sales are off you're 3-6 month lease will not be renewed. They will churn merchants to get find the best producers who can deliver on Return Per Sq. Meter. For instance, Emporium (Mall Group) is unhappy with Moss Burger. Big space occupancy but poor return per square meter. Eventually MB will either have to downscale their space or will cease operating at Emporium. You pay their outsource vendor for kiosk, outfittings, everything. You get a maximum electricity limit monthly and your electrical requirements must be approved to ensure you remain compliant.

By the way, being Thai, Farang or whatever doesn't matter. These are standard policies applied to all business regardless of structure or shareholding. Lots of you need to change your attitude about always overcharging. It's just not true. Depends on the environment in which your dealing.