Samsung Tab 2 Connection Questions

Zodiac

I have a Samsung S2 smart phone and use a AIS SIM card and top up with 1-2-Call on a regular basis. I also have a 100 hour connection package from AIS which is deducted monthly from the balance on my phone. I am thinking about buying a Samsung Tab 2. Because I am not technically minded(techno challenged) I need some help to know about some connection issues, such as:

1) If I buy the Samsung Tab 2, can I use the phone SIM card in the Tab?

2 )if so, then I assume any new SIM card can work in the Tab as can a monthly connection from AIS be purchased as mentioned above?

3)I have heard about "Air Cards" and I would like to know in what devices they are used and are those cards relevant to anything I am asking?

Glad for any assistance, thank you.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 model P5100 supports GSM voice and data and 3G, and accepts a mini-SIM. Note that it can support GSM voice so it does have a dialer and functions as a phone which can be handy for managing an account with USSD codes. The P5100 supports 900 MHz 3G, among other frequencies, so should work well with AIS/One-2-Call, understanding that time-based plans are limited to 384 Kbps.

You could also get a WiFi only version of the Tab 2 10.1, model P5110 and then use your SGS2 to create a Mobile AP.

The Tab 2 is a cost-reduced Tab 1, which might better option assuming you can find one, while the Note 10.1 is positioned above the (old) Tab 1

Edited by lomatopo