U.s. Citizen Services From Consulate At Le Meridien Hotel

bobbyd1

Quote from Consulate: A reminder to all U.S. Citizens in the Chiang Rai Area: The U.S. Citizen Services Section of the U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai will be available to provide consular services at the open lobby area of Le Meridien Hotel Chiang Rai on THURSDAY MARCH 28, from 12:30 - 02;30 p.m.

The following consular services will be available: Passport renewal services - Notarial services - Social Security or other federal benefits questions. Fees can be paid in cash only (either in Thai of US dollar

Note: We are sorry that we cannot accept applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad or for additional visa pages. Applicants must come to Chiang Mai for these services.

What a great idea for the U.S Consulate to provide a service like this , its a pitty that my consulate doesnt do this also from time to time , but to be honest my government doesnt give a hoot about its citizens inside the UK, let alone out of it .

I must say though , what a coincidence it is to have the service they are offering at Le Meridien Hotel AND at lunchtime , hehehehe, someone's been smart in the organising of this one .

This is being done in conjunction with an Expat meeting. They would like to do it more but depends on staffing.

Thanks for that information. This is really a great opportunity for us yanks living in the Rai. It would be nice to see this set up as a monthly or, even semi-monthly, visit.

This is being done in conjunction with an Expat meeting. They would like to do it more but depends on staffing.

If the Ex-Pat meetings are a regular thing happening in Chiang Rai , I am suprised that there is no mention of those meetings on here .

It would also be nice to know what is being said at these meetings and posted on here so that all of those who live out of the city or may

not be able to attend , can get all the upto date information .

It would also be handy for someone to ask questions on behalf of online members from Chiang Rai .

Are there any Chiang Rai forum members willing to take up the reigns and open a thread ?

I went to several of the early meetings and I am sad to say you probably aren’t missing much. I made a point to stay off their mailing list but I would guess Scorp and probably bobby1 are on the list and could provide updates if they were feeling “friendly”.biggrin.png

It appears this meeting is taking place somewhere else and the consular services are moving to more comfortable surroundings at the Meridien to open up shop from 12:30 to 2:30.

The Expat Club's website appears to be down and they have not updated their Google Groups page for a couple of years it looks like.coffee1.gif

Edited by villagefarang

• 1 month later...