Helmet Padding To Be Given Out In Bangkok To Boost Road Safety During Songkran

webfact

The first thing Thailand needs, is an enforced law, that everyone on a motorcycle must wear a helmet, which is either DOT approved or meets the European standard ECE 22.05.

But the Thai Government, where stupidity meets ignorance, will not change anything, as always.

in BALI you see everyone use a Helmet, so probaly they enforce the law mutch strict there, here they stop us Foregners for get payment only , So how the locals will strap a helmet correct on head when is no penalty for it ?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the padding goes into girls bras

Keep Thailand beautiful!!!!!

Seriously though, and I've done some in-depth research on this; Every brassiere on every Thai and hill tribe girl, is padded. No exceptions.

Great idea so now how do they get motor cyclists to actually wear their helmets ? The Monty Python team had a Ministry of Silly Walks and the Thai government seems to have a Ministry of Silly Ideas

Wear the helmet is one ting, Nobody of the local monkeys, Strap the helmet solid to the head... they have it on ,not to get a ticket.. but first ting that fly from their head if something happend, is the helmet

Hahaha I have often wondered about that, seeing the police in Pattaya drive around with a helmet on, but the strap not connected. And yes of course their helmet will be flying off before they hit the ground in an accident situation. Maybe some kind of macho thing for them ??

Regarding helmets for everyone else, the solution is simple. Since the government seems to have endless money for silly projects, what they need to do is provide a free high quality helmet for every rider in Thailand.

Then if you are caught without the helmet on, simply confiscate the bike for 30 days. There would be instant compliance throughout the country once properly publicized. The savings to the country in medical care and pain would be staggering. However there is one catch. Since helmet violations are a huge earner for the police, this will never ever happen. Sort of sad really.... :-(

• Like 1

i came across a brilliant idea. the brits have developed an app that reduces the tourist accidents on the roads in thailand.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/628644-app-launched-to-reduce-brit-road-accidents-while-travelling-in-thailand/

genius!

should be translated into Thai. road user will love that app, because they love to play with the phone while driving or even have developed impressive skillz like one handed riding motocyc and texting some messages of vital importance.

Most people do not wear helmets (and these are yougsters) is because their hair gel/ or spay/ or styling will be no good when they take off the helmet. The second batch are parents that are not responsible for thei offsprings actions, The third batch are the old folk who mostly know the local bib and are excused---think about it how many elderly are nabbed by the bib,

Regarding the padding----use it to line a cell at a correction center for the next lunatic remark made by a department spokesperson.

Such law exist, but it is enforced in a rather soft approach. its up to you to obey or not.So, by your 'Thai' logic, using your 'soft approach', it would be ok for me to kill you, because I decided that I did not want to obey the do not kill law.Have I got that right? Did I miss anything?Wow, I did not realize that living in Thailand could be so dangerous.smart kid.what you missed is that i was talking about the law wearing a helmet. if you don't wear you will not risk a harsh punishment by law enforcement but increase your risk to die in an accident.many thais obviously hesitate to wear helmets. many of them must have seen accidents were heads got smashed. still many don't wear helmets, nor wear these helmets properly. so it is.they question is now what could be done that all people wear these helmets? any idea, any concepts, any suggestion besides calling someone (thai government/thai police/ thai people) names?

The problem seems to be an unwillingness by the authorities to apply the law.

I'm not sure there's anything difficult about it. Break the law and the authorities apply the consequences.

Can't think it needs anything more revolutionary than that.

But TIT

The first thing Thailand needs, is an enforced law, that everyone on a motorcycle must wear a helmet, which is either DOT approved or meets the European standard ECE 22.05.

But the Thai Government, where stupidity meets ignorance, will not change anything, as always.

in BALI you see everyone use a Helmet, so probaly they enforce the law mutch strict there, here they stop us Foregners for get payment only , So how the locals will strap a helmet correct on head when is no penalty for it ?

Never! These folks ar just too <deleted>.....g stupid. I do not want to be a Thailand basher, but when you are on the road with either car or motorcycle, you sometimes just want to believe, how these folks ride or drive. Since years there is no traffic education and no law enforcement, absolutely nothing. If these drivers/riders are not forced to obey the rules of the street, there will be more fatalities in the future. According to the WHO "we" are at 26.000 per year, back in 2005 there were about 20.000.

Wonder how these half a million helmet liners, came into the hands of the BIB? Who sought approval for this purchase???? in the first place, who supplied them, what was the intended use, what was the cost, who wilol distribute them and to whom?

I can remember a loveable gentleman who use to mark out intervals for recruits to dig laterines, the next morning, he would have them filled in (as yet, unused) as he found a new better spot a short distance away. At least the gunney knew what he was accomplishing, while this bunch of clowns have not a clue.

Its actually left over packaging from the tablet program or maybe the wrapping from the Hopewell or whatever it was called program. I still cant figure out why you would want to protect an empty vessel.

Brings a new meaning to Pad Thai....

Wouldnt it be so much better if there was a six step questionnaire to this. before the rider got the padding

1) Are you over 16

2) Are you aware you driving down the wrong side of the road

3) Have you been drinking

4) Is your bike registration and insurance up to date

5) Is your bike actually licensed to carry four people

6) Do you have a helmet at home or know anyone that does... heres some free padding

5)

.... (speechless)

I wish all the other complaining farangs were also speechless.

I wish you were speechless, because we really don't need more "everythingh here is so wonderful and all Thais are angels"- apologists!

I don't think everything here is wonderful - far from it. But I don't feel the need to constantly focus on the negative. There are enough positives to keep me happy. And if Thais want to have a water festival, then that is their choice. Whether I like it or not is irrelevant. And I don't see the point of coming to live here and then spending all day, every day complaining about the things you don't like, as many on here seem to do. I could give you a long list of what is wrong here, but what would be the point? I didn't move here to focus on the negative. Nothing wrong with pointing out negatives, but most on here just do that and refuse to see any positives at all.

Edited by davejones

.... (speechless)

I wish all the other complaining farangs were also speechless.
I wish you were speechless, because we really don't need more "everythingh here is so wonderful and all Thais are angels"- apologists!
I don't think everything here is wonderful - far from it. But I don't feel the need to constantly focus on the negative. There are enough positives to keep me happy. And if Thais want to have a water festival, then that is their choice. Whether I like it or not is irrelevant. And I don't see the point of coming to live here and then spending all day, every day complaining about the things you don't like, as many on here seem to do. I could give you a long list of what is wrong here, but what would be the point? I didn't move here to focus on the negative. Nothing wrong with pointing out negatives, but most on here just do that and refuse to see any positives at all.
Okay...I have to go back to the airport and take a closer look.

Obviously I missed the sign, that says: You are now entering the Kingdom of He...Thailand. From hence forth, you will find everything that happens around you, wonderful. And the things that you absolutely can not deem wonderful, you will hecceforth ignore or drink until they become wonderful. For you are now in Thailand and everything that you were and that you have learned is now null and void!"

And...why are you on TV, if everything here is so dreadfull and filled with miserable people, moaning and groaning and not accepting that a) we can not change anything, b ) it is their country and c) it is clearly sooooo much better than home, otherwise ...why are you miserable expats here?

Well, sir...I for once, didn't come here because I hated my homecountry and was looking for paradise!

I came here to make new experiences...and hell, sometimes these experiences p1ss me off sooooo much!

Edited by DocN
  • Like 2

Don't like the Thai or Thai ways of doing things?.......GO HOME!!

These totally infantile remarks are getting really annoying!

let me just ad: i take it, you are okay with the killing of children and teachers in the South?

I mean...hey...the insurgents are Thais...it's their country...

Edited by DocN
  • Like 2

beatdeadhorse.gif Not again.

agree bleeding idiotic reply, he only posted the truth, if you do not like the posts don't reply---smilingbumpy enjoy lighten up. eh!

beatdeadhorse.gif Not again.
Ah the classic line. Have never seen this line used by anyone with a fair amount of posts. Would make you look too silly. Seems to generally used as a couple post persona by a troll. What is the Thai way? Let everybody smash their heads??? :-)