Thai Authorities Decide To Restrict Alcohol Sales During Songkran

webfact

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whistling.gif Then I will be the first one to publicaly call for a ban on all Alchohol sales in Pattaya for that week of Songkran.

This includes closing down or banning the sale of all Alchohol in bars in Pattaya ... including those bars and shops that sell mainly to Farang customers.

Give all th bargirls and ladyboys a week long holiday over Songkran.

Let's just close down Pattaya for a week.

But of course, that will never happen.

cheesy.gif

• Like 2

I dont know if I should laugh or cry with this new idea ...... I guess people can move from one part to another just to buy some booze no ? non sense even if its to fight against road dangers but I guess you need more than alcohol ban if you want to reduce death toll .

Alcohol bans in the UK are usually directed at sporting events usually on trains that travelling supporters are on. This seems just ludicrous from the BIB, all I can see is them having an idea on making money.

The only true way to kurb drink-driving is to have affective laws that are obeyed by all & no corruption! But TIT so I wont hold my breath.

"Anyone caught driving or riding in a car while under the influence of alcohol will be subject to six months’ imprisonment or a THB30,000 fine."

I hope there's something lost in translation here. This implies that passengers in cars, which I would assume would also apply to the thousands of revellers in the back of pickup trucks, could be arrested.

• Like 1

This ban on alcohol is not going to work. all it does is encourage the masses to stock up alcohol and party elsewhere the authorities should rather keep an eye out for drunk and disorderly people. who wants to party under these conditions anyway, rather stay at home or party in the soi where you live. much better and much safer. remember the beatings, the robberies and the killings from last year.

Anyone caught driving or riding in a car while under the influence of alcohol will be subject to six months’ imprisonment or a THB30,000 fine.

Riding in a car under the influence?? I guess they mean driving a car!!! The places in these areas are not going to be happy loosing revue from drinkers & where is a map of where the exact borders are who can not sell!! I do not support drinking & driving but if I do not drive I should be able to have my beer !!