A Negative Blood Still Needed

anon7867763

Dear all

With regards to my last post , Nanapat a 7 year old girl with lukemia needs A negative blood (This type is not very common in Asian people)

We have sinced learnt we will need more donors of A negative , we need 10 donations a month and so far 14 people have donated so we need about 16 more , then we have 3 months covered and if she needs more after that all donors can donate again

I tried to contact everyone on the last post by PM but Thai Visa has restricted my personal messages ! and also closed the post ! (please do something admin , this is a case of life or death for a 7 year old girl and you are not being very helpful)
The hospital is Rama Tipadit near Pratunam
Please make sure the blood goes to her , you can request it.Her name is Nanapat Puhrungrueng

https://maps.google....6667,100.526667 - This is where the hospital is
For any questions please call

Chris 0805844205 (English) or Pilapon (Her father) 0819877767 (Thai)
Thanks for your kindness , together we can save her !
John

post-82346-0-17568600-1364455438_thumb.j

• Like 2

I put a link from your previous topic to this one. We assumed the requirements were fulfilled and why it was closed to let members know this. As for your PMs, I see nothing wrong in your settings. Could you try and PM me and if an error please let me know what the message is. Possibly some have disabled receiving PMs and why you can't send to them.

• Like 1

I put a link from your previous topic to this one. We assumed the requirements were fulfilled and why it was closed to let members know this. As for your PMs, I see nothing wrong in your settings. Could you try and PM me and if an error please let me know what the message is. Possibly some have disabled receiving PMs and why you can't send to them.

OK thanks Tywals

Best wishes

My wife is AB+ and I am A+ - it is possible to use Plasma from these blood groups to A- therefore please let us know if you need? I am eligible to donate again on 31st March - you mentioned in previous post that the hospital only would accept A- blood and didn't want any other products? please reconfirm. Kind regards, CrisRMenumate

I want to apologise to admin for my earlier rant about being unhelpful ,they have since got back to me and solved everything so sorry and thank you.We've got 3 more people so far today so we are going well so far.Our target is 11 more people

• Like 1

My wife is AB+ and I am A+ - it is possible to use Plasma from these blood groups to A- therefore please let us know if you need? I am eligible to donate again on 31st March - you mentioned in previous post that the hospital only would accept A- blood and didn't want any other products? please reconfirm. Kind regards, CrisRMenumate

Cris , thanks for your reply from what I can understand we can only use A Negative at this stage but please spread the word

Thanks for your kindness

John

I got A neg and will try do donate this weekend.

Thanks Chris that would be great.the blood giving times 9.00 until 16.15 hours

Its on the 2nd floor in the old buiding , remember to say that the blood is for Nanapat Puhrungrueng otherwise it goes somewhere else

I left a post before that I'd just given blood (o-) at The Thai Red Cross and seems they have pleanty of blood. I will look again in 3 months, but I will not be in BKK. But probally easan. How to get blood sent

As far as I know, Type 0 negative should work fine, too.

Daak , as I belives so far only A negative is usefull as her cancer is connected to her blood.I believe / understand that 0 negative can be used in an emergency but in this case A negative is the preferred type.

Thanks for your input and best wishes

John

I left a post before that I'd just given blood (o-) at The Thai Red Cross and seems they have pleanty of blood. I will look again in 3 months, but I will not be in BKK. But probally easan. How to get blood sent

Daak , the Red Cross has no A negative blood (A negative is very uncommon in Asian countries), we checked all ready but thank you very much

The headteacher at my school is putting a message on the front page of our school newsletter tomorrow. I donated yesterday and met the family - they truly are sweet people. Anybody who is able to but is unsure...please, please, please donate.

• Like 2

I am A negative, and I will go on Friday to donate blood. At least I have something that somebody wants?

I have to wonder, though: Are these specific calls all for donors real? This will be the third blood donor ad that I responded to where someone was calling out for a donor with a specific blood type. Is this the normal practice these days, to call out for specific blood types via social media? The other two times I donated for a needy young girl, someone telephoned me from the hospital a few hours later to say thanks, the girl has used your blood.

I think donating blood is very important, we should all do it, and if someone is making up stories like this gets people in the door to donate, then I think it's perfectly fine to do.

Again, I'm not saying that this isn't a legitimate call for help, it just made me wonder... there is a photo of the girl, and Newbie says that the family was there to thank donors.

I have A Rh- blood type, I would donate if I could, but I'm not in Thailand until August. I will donate as soon as I arrive.

Perhaps the ThaiVisa community should look into establishing a list of blood donors. If we do this, we can more easily help out Nanapat and others who find themselves in a similar situation.

• Like 1

I'm A negative, and though I live in Bangkok, I will be in Chiang Mai around Songkran and would be happy to go donate. I'm in the US dealing with a family tragedy at the moment, and may not remember to check this mail again, but if Chris would send me a private message confirming a couple of things, I'll be sure to do what I can.

- can we donate other places in Thailand and have blood sent to Chiang Mai? There are others willing in Phuket I saw, and Bangkok, and I just wondered give the frequency of flights what might be possible.

- I am 50, and lived in Africa until 2 years ago, but never had blood transfusions, am in perfect health and a very happily married female. I assume none of the above would be a problem since the hospital would goodness hopes screen blood products from any donor anyway, but I thought I'd just verify before making the trip.

Lots of thoughts and prayers in the meantime, for the sweet girl and her family, for health and strength.

• Like 1

Hi John, sorry I'm in Australia and can't help but for others there seems to be some confusion if there is other compatible blood types. Can you find these out (if any) and post them.

Good luck with everything mate.

I have A Rh- blood type, I would donate if I could, but I'm not in Thailand until August. I will donate as soon as I arrive.

Perhaps the ThaiVisa community should look into establishing a list of blood donors. If we do this, we can more easily help out Nanapat and others who find themselves in a similar situation.

Great idea.Some negative bloods here are very rare.When you come in August please contact me and I can let you know if in this case we still need more.I guess not but we never know

Thanks

That's a good point made by KayCee, can donations be made in areas of Thailand and sent to the girl? If so how, where?

There is a way of transporting blood and the various blood departments should know about this.I think it's just a question of asking in the local blood donating department