A Negative Blood Still Needed

anon7867763

Hi John, sorry I'm in Australia and can't help but for others there seems to be some confusion if there is other compatible blood types. Can you find these out (if any) and post them.

Good luck with everything mate.

Kris , at this stage they only want A Negative

Thanks

I am 'A' rh neg is that compatible >that is to say does the rh factor make a differance ???? .. If it is ok is there anyway of donating blood in Pattaya and getting to her??

Your blood type is perfect , please donate if you can

Thanks

John

I am 'A' rh neg is that compatible >that is to say does the rh factor make a differance ???? .. If it is ok is there anyway of donating blood in Pattaya and getting to her??

I am A negative, but, because I am over 60 years old, Thai hospitals will not allow me to donate. I have tried responding to a couple of similar requests in the past, and been told by donor centres, "not possible, too old".

I am A negative, and I will go on Friday to donate blood. At least I have something that somebody wants?

I have to wonder, though: Are these specific calls all for donors real? This will be the third blood donor ad that I responded to where someone was calling out for a donor with a specific blood type. Is this the normal practice these days, to call out for specific blood types via social media? The other two times I donated for a needy young girl, someone telephoned me from the hospital a few hours later to say thanks, the girl has used your blood.

I think donating blood is very important, we should all do it, and if someone is making up stories like this gets people in the door to donate, then I think it's perfectly fine to do.

Again, I'm not saying that this isn't a legitimate call for help, it just made me wonder... there is a photo of the girl, and Newbie says that the family was there to thank donors.

This is a genuine case , how could it not be ? the foto is real.If you can make it that would be great.Please do.Thanks

From what I can calculate we need about 8 more donors and then we should have reached the 30 required that should be enough to see her up to and through her operation.Please keep it coming and thank you so much to everyone.

I just got back. I feel lighter, good to shed that unneeded blood.

I told them that I was there for the little girl, and staff knew right away.

So I guess they need 7 more donors, huh?

• Like 2

I will go to donate next weekend. what are the hours for donating and can it be done on the weekend?

Pamelalynn , Great !!! The hours are 9.00 til 16.00 , 2nd floor in the old building.I am 99% sure that Saturday is open.I will double check

I just got back. I feel lighter, good to shed that unneeded blood.

I told them that I was there for the little girl, and staff knew right away.

So I guess they need 7 more donors, huh?

Tim , thanks so much.In theory yes , about 7 more , I will check with her father this weekend how many have actually donated (it could be less than we hoped , it could be more !) I will post the information.

Thanks so much !

I am A negative, but, because I am over 60 years old, Thai hospitals will not allow me to donate. I have tried responding to a couple of similar requests in the past, and been told by donor centres, "not possible, too old".

I think it differs between hospitals , in any case please call Chris (see 1st post for number) and he can confirm

Hi John, sorry I'm in Australia and can't help but for others there seems to be some confusion if there is other compatible blood types. Can you find these out (if any) and post them.

Good luck with everything mate.

The hospital says only A negative which includes A rh negative

• Like 1

Anyone going to donate can copy and paste this and print it out.It just explains the directions within the hospital and the name of the girl.You can just show this to anyone in the hospital and they will point you in the right direction.

ฉันต้องการมาบริจาคเลือดให้ ด.ญ.นันท์นภัส ภู่รุ่งเรือง ช่วยพาฉันไปหรือบอกทางให้ฉันไปที่ห้องบริจาคเลือดด้วย ขอบคุณค่ะ/ครับ
ส่งจาก

Thanks

Dear johnsnapo

I just found this website, they will donate to any hospital which need rh neg...in Thailand...

http://www.centralbloodregister.com/index.php

Prin

Dear John

I am happy if this information could help.

And to all RH Negatives: you can register in the http://www.centralbloodregister.com/index.php

and as soon as they need rh negative blood (in Cooperation with the Thai Red Cross) for any Emergeny in Thailand, they will contact the registered donors.

Hope this helps all rh negatives.

Prin

Edited by Prince17

Dear johnsnapo

I just found this website, they will donate to any hospital which need rh neg...in Thailand...

http://www.centralbloodregister.com/index.php

Prin

Dear John

I am happy if this information could help.

And to all RH Negatives: you can register in the http://www.centralbloodregister.com/index.php

and as soon as they need rh negative blood (in Cooperation with the Thai Red Cross) for any Emergeny in Thailand, they will contact the registered donors.

Hope this helps all rh negatives.

Prin

Prin , the red Cross had no A negative blood is stock , we checked all ready but we will check again through the web page

Thanks

We got 40 donors so far,an amazingly great reaction.Thank you so much to everyone,a big thak you from her parents they are deeply moved by the help.In case anyone is still reading this post , we are still looking for more donors , the doctor sais that this is enough for 4 or 5 weeks but we will need more.I will post some more pictures of Nanapat this weekend.

Thanks again !

• Like 1

This has been a great response. My Thai step son has been battling Leukemia for 6.5 years and we hope to be able to stop radiation soon which is exciting, like we can start living again. thumbsup.gif He still has spinal fluid sucked out and replaced with radiation and daily zapps but he looks like a normal little boy.

In that time there has been two x 11 month stays in hospital and many months in intensive care and isolation which was very stressful.

We did not have the problem of rare blood required, but I can not express in words the sheer volume of daily blood transfusions he required for months on end.

I just want people to understand that it really does make a difference, he would be 100% dead now without that donated blood and it is ongoing for months when it was needed. Spending a couple of years daily in a kids cancer ward is, well humbling.

So please, be bothered to donate again when you can. You really are a silent hero to many families and directly save lives.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach
  • Like 2

Too bad I don't have the required blood type, otherwise I'd be on my way to donate tomorrow. Good luck with all and lets hope the little girl will win the battle!

But there are many other little girls in the same ward that need a huge amount of blood every day to get through the intensive critical stage that takes several months. Please make the effort thumbsup.gif

I remember that the hospital was scrambling to get get blood over a Songkran 3 years ago, just to keep the kids going. Please be bothered.

• Like 1

here's photo of Nanapat saying thank you for all the help.She now has enough blood for about 6 weeks but more will be needed so I will make another appeal.Please anyone out there who can still give blood , please donate for her and a very big thank you to everyone who has or hashelped spread the word.

I just heard from a Thai friend that last week it was on the TV , they went to the hospital and showed Nanapat and spoke with her mother and made an appeal for blood.

I started the post here about 1 month ago and also made a facebook campaign and its amazing how the word spreads and amazing the kind reaction of the people.Many of you went to give blood and also spread the word and now ends up with an appeal on the television.

I will end this post and get back with a new one when/if more blood is needed.Thanks to all who have contribuited in any way,together we have raised enough blood for nearly 3 months and hopefu;lly it's still coming in.If anyone is still thinking to give , please do it because it will probably still be needed later on and if not it will go to someone who needs it.Thailand is desperately short of negative blood.

If anyone wants to know about her progress in the future , please send me a PM and I will keep you posted.

Thanks again to all !