Remote Control For Aj Dvd Player / Or New Dvd Player

infinity11

Logitech makes its Harmony line of universal remotes which are programmable and handle multiple devices (TV, DVD, media player, stereo, etc) at the same time. I have one which I have never used if you want to look at one. No idea if they are available in stores here - I got mine though Amazon.

As to your other question, I think you are speaking of a media player. Western Digital (among other manufacturers) makes reliable ones which play media from any USB device, be it a pen drive, external hard drive, etc.

PM me if you want to have a look at the Logitech remote.

If you want High definition on a dvd player from your USB drive, there are less options available and considering most downloads now seem to be coming in HD, I'd take a long look at the boxes available. Some I looked at in BigC only ran to 720P and that is not great. Cannot remember the price.

The other consideration would be the size USB a dvd will take. Some are maxed out at 8gb. You may want bigger.

Powerbuy try the one on Pattaya Klang.

BigC Xtra.

I use - and have had it for over 2 years now - is an 'In House DVD299' player. Less than 500 Baht at BigC Xtra. But it will not play HD off USB.

Maybe someone has seen some good ones in Tukom off Pattaya Thai?

Try Amorn in Com City. They have a real good selection of remotes. Take your dvd player down with you so you can make sure it is the right remote if it is a universal.

They can recode it if you need it recoded for Thailand....Although I am pretty sure it would retain the coding if it is just the remote you need. Dirt cheap as well.

Amorn shop in the basement in Tukcom might have a replacement. If not, try one of the larger markets, for example Keha Thepprasit night marked, there are usually one or more remote control stalls there. Bring your old remote. Expect about 3-400 baht.

These dvd units/players sell for under 1000 baht now and most come with thumb drive slot, maybe it is best to buy a new one, my old one only plays a few kind of files, i would like to get one that plays all or most kind of computer media files. I suppose the resolution wont be that good but better than nothing or watching on the lap top.

Thanks all.

Amorn remotes if you can get one for your player are around 100 baht, theres lots of cheap dvd players that'll play from your usd but the problem is they codec s change all the time and after a while you find they don't play everything.

If your mainly going to play from a usb instead of dvd then you should consider splashing out a little more and buy a mediaplayer as the better ones such as WD upgrade the software. I've had a WD media hub with a 1 terbyte hard drive for two years now and it plays everything I throw at it, player without hard drives are approx 3500 baht with internet connection to upgrade it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Amorn remotes if you can get one for your player are around 100 baht, theres lots of cheap dvd players that'll play from your usd but the problem is they codec s change all the time and after a while you find they don't play everything. If your mainly going to play from a usb instead of dvd then you should consider splashing out a little more and buy a mediaplayer as the better ones such as WD upgrade the software. I've had a WD media hub with a 1 terbyte hard drive for two years now and it plays everything I throw at it, player without hard drives are approx 3500 baht with internet connection to upgrade it.

I've just discovered that a WDTV Live remote control can also die. I'm off to Amorn soon to look for a programmable remote.