Thai Education Ministry's Website Hacked For The 102Nd Time

webfact

Education Ministry's website hacked for the 102nd time

BANGKOK, 29 March 2013 (NNT) - The website of the Education Minister has been hacked, for the 102nd time.

Late on Thursday night, the Education Ministry's website showed a large black banner featuring a white skull and a message reading: "We are the new generation. Please teach us what we can use in the future, and not only how to do exams."

The banner was reported to be first seen around 1am on Friday. Around 2am on the same day, it appeared to have been removed.

The Education Ministry has been hacked 102 times, including the latest one. In September last year, a hacker posted a banner on its website featuring the message: "Do you even know what you term 'volunteer spirit' means? It's useless. Now this is my 'volunteer spirit', an attempt to make this country a better place."

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-03-29 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

This speaks for itself. Education Ministry should have educated top of the line IT people taking care of their servers with firewall protection. But is guess that is expecting too much.

• Like 1

I like the idea. Hack away guys and keep telling them what you think.

or even "Keep telling them THAT you think!"

A good friend who is a retired American administrator of Thai education says that when you teach them to think and not what to think it jeopardizes the free money, under the table giveaways and other graft they all enjoy. I hope for the sake f the country they keep pushing for education reform.

This speaks for itself. Education Ministry should have educated top of the line IT people taking care of their servers with firewall protection. But is guess that is expecting too much.

The solution is to find these guys and hire them. biggrin.png

They probably don't have degrees.

I like the idea. Hack away guys and keep telling them what you think.

or even "Keep telling them THAT you think!"

A good friend who is a retired American administrator of Thai education says that when you teach them to think and not what to think it jeopardizes the free money, under the table giveaways and other graft they all enjoy. I hope for the sake f the country they keep pushing for education reform.

That is the long and short of it. The present policy of graft provides the big cheeses with a GREATLY extended pay packet AND the bonus of an exploitable, low wage, workforce. Doesn't really suit the people who vote for them much though!

Like breaking into an empty bank vault. sad.png

Broke into an empty vault for the 102 time??blink.png

Why am i concerned that the MoE hasn't learned its lesson and have taken care of this matter?sad.png

Lastly i was about to commend Admin for making me laugh regarding the "for the 102nd TIME" headline

until i learned it was actually the 102nd time! ermm.gif

• Like 1

They are probably using cheap Chinese knock off servers and routers with knock off sw to be hacked this many times.

Whats a cheap Chinese server? Do you even know what you're talking about?

Cheap Chinese server...chinese computer hardware system used as a host. Yes I know what I am talking about.