From News Section :songkran: People Not Allowed To Splash Water Down From Pickup Trucks

People not allowed to splash water down from pickup trucks during Songkran

640px-Songkran_002aa.jpg

BANGKOK, 29 March 2013 (NNT) – The Ministry of Interior aims to ban the practice of carrying water containers on pickup trucks and splashing water down from the trucks, for the upcoming Songkran water festival.

An Interior Ministry meeting to discuss reducing road accidents and casualties during Songkran holiday has set April 11-17 as days when tight control on the road will be implemented.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/629331-songkran-people-not-allowed-to-splash-water-down-from-pickup-trucks/

Also they should ban people splashing at cars and bikes when driving along !

....but we all know that everything will carry on as usual on Samui whistling.gif

It is up to every Province to implement it's own rules.cheesy.gif

No one will change anything.

• Like 1

Who's going to enforce than ban? When I lived in Samui, the BIB and old ladies were worth the most points! Even then, the BIB put their guns in plastic bags because they knew that they were fair game. Granted, it is dangerous, but it's the tourists that promulgate the melee! I now live i the sticks and it is basically dry except for the children with water pistols that will only shoot you if you tell then that it's Okay.

• Like 1

Also they should ban people splashing at cars and bikes when driving along !

....but we all know that everything will carry on as usual on Samui whistling.gif

Yes, but on Samui, at least Songkran only lasts for a day, unlike Issaan where it carries on for a week!!!

Really not even a day on most of Samui, usually from about noon, in most places.... (Chawang would probably be an exception! )whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Tesco has water guns on sale already! .... better get one soon ! thumbsup.gifw00t.gif

Yeah, but they're so cheaply made they usually break after one filling in my experience.

Anyhow I'm NEARLY getting to the age when I've stopped acting like a child at Songkran. laugh.png

• Like 1

Really not even a day on most of Samui, usually from about noon, in most places.... (Chawang would probably be an exception! )whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Tesco has water guns on sale already! .... better get one soon ! thumbsup.gifw00t.gif

Yeah, but they're so cheaply made they usually break after one filling in my experience.

Anyhow I'm NEARLY getting to the age when I've stopped acting like a child at Songkran. laugh.png

Yeah , me too. We use buckets now.

• Like 1

A few pics for those who have not experienced Songkran!!! Just be prepared to get wet... It will be interesting to see if they do Ban the trucks filled with several 45 gallon tubs!!!!

Big hoses should be banned! wink.png

Songkran%2520Samui%25202010%2520%25204-1

Some areas are busier than others!

Coloured water too .... but the worst is when they put ice cubes in the water ! w00t.gif

Ready -- aim --- Fire!