Pyongyang Declares ' State Of War' With South Korea - Agency

webfact

Pyongyang Declares 'State of War' with South Korea - Agency

MOSCOW, March 30 (RIA Novosti) - North Korea has declared that it entered a “state of war” with South Korea, saying that all issues between the neighboring countries will be handled in accordance with a wartime protocol, Reuters reported on Saturday citing North's official KCNA news agency.

“From this time on, the North-South relations will be entering the state of war and all issues raised between the North and the South will be handled accordingly,” the agency said citing a statement carried by KCNA.

AFP reported on Saturday citing the same statement on KCNA that “The long-standing situation of the Korean peninsula being neither at peace nor at war is finally over.”

North and South Korea remain technically at war, since no peace treaty was signed following the Korean War in 1953. The Demilitarized Zone between the countries is the most heavily armed border in the world.

Full story: http://en.rian.ru/world/20130330/180338237.html

-- RIA NOVOSTI 2013-03-30

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said before China and Russia want nothing to do with this problem and are keeping well out of it.

China was the first to warn Nth Korea to stop the being aggressive and now Russia yesterday told Nth Korea to stop being aggressive and sabre rattling.

Now Nth Korea state after tearing up the Cease Fire agreement they are in a State of War. This is getting very close now, as we all know the mentality of the East (Save Face) we now have a heap of Military idiots in the threatening Nth Korea with their hand on the firing mechanism. Not good.

Remember the mentality of the Asians, I quote, "If you were not in my country, I would not have had that accident" Saving Face.

Edited by OZEMADE
  • Like 1

When will the human brain finally evolve?

Maby after the next world war when there is nothing left but ashes and it all starts over. If we have a planet left that is, might be a big bang from all the Nukes going off.

Russia warns over Korea escalating tension

MOSCOW (AFP) -- Russia has warned against sabre-rattling on the Korean peninsula, saying that the tensions between North Korea and South Korea could get out of hand.

"It is necessary not to build up military muscles," Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov was quoted as saying by the Itar-Tass news agency, in reference to the Korean peninsula.

The situation with North Korea should not be used "as a pretext to solve geopolitical problems by military means, but to concentrate efforts to create conditions for the resumption of the six-nation talks," Lavrov said.

"We may just lose control of the situation. It is sliding into a spiral of a vicious circle."

The Russian statement on Friday came after North Korea earlier in the day issued a new threat to attack the United States in reaction to a show of force by two US B-2 stealth bombers that dropped dummy bombs onto a South Korean training ground.

North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un ordered strategic missiles to be prepared "so that they may strike any time the US mainland, its military bases in the operational theatres in the Pacific, including Hawaii and Guam, and those in South Korea," state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said in an English-language statement.

The US bombers participated in a "long-duration, round-trip training mission" of more than 20,000km from their US base to South Korea on Thursday, the US military in Seoul said.

US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel later told reporters: "We must make clear that these provocations by the North are taken by us very seriously and we'll respond to that."

Relations with Pyongyang have deteriorated since North Korea's third nuclear test in February and the strengthening of international sanctions against it.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-03-30

When will the human brain finally evolve?

Maby after the next world war when there is nothing left but ashes and it all starts over.

Agreed, and the monetary system abolished >>> focus on the planet, not the self.

But I ain't bothered. I'm sure they exist, but having never met a Korean who wasn't self-absorbed or had regard for others, I couldn't give a tinker's toss if Kim does hop over the fence. Maybe the yankee doodles should let them do their thing.

• Like 2

please wait so i can tune in the telly, as it will be something to watch for 5/6 mins until the yanks fry them

I am sorry to say America will not do anything. They will go to the UN and just tell the North Koreans they are sorry and give up.

Edited by harryfrompattaya

please wait so i can tune in the telly, as it will be something to watch for 5/6 mins until the yanks fry them

I am sorry to say America will not do anything. They will go to the UN and just tell the North Koreans they are sorry and give up.

If N. Korea actually fires an ICBM with a nuclear warhead at the US or S. Korea as they have flat-out said? You have to be kidding.

If N. Korea actually fires an ICBM with a nuclear warhead at the US or S. Korea as they have flat-out said? You have to be kidding.

Do you remember how short the other wars were to be and look how long they are lasting N K is stronger We can not win we have no nerve to use a Atomic Bomb.

Do you remember how short the other wars were to be and look how long they are lasting N K is stronger We can not win we have no nerve to use a Atomic Bomb.

just let them send 1 stateside and see what yankee doodle dandy does, that is why i want my telly going, you know i am 1 of the very very few that is not a marine or sas or comando, i want to see what all the world saving heros have seen, there is so many facisinating stories in Pattaya etc it sounds SO exciting

Edited by briboy
  • Like 1

Full war declaration statement from DPRK - KCNA

The moves of the U.S. imperialists to violate the sovereignty of the DPRK and encroach upon its supreme interests have entered an extremely grave phase. Under this situation, the dear respected Marshal Kim Jong Un, brilliant commander of Mt. Paektu, convened an urgent operation meeting on the performance of duty of the Strategic Rocket Force of the Korean People's Army for firepower strike and finally examined and ratified a plan for firepower strike.

The important decision made by him is the declaration of a do-or-die battle to provide an epochal occasion for putting an end to the history of the long-standing showdown with the U.S. and opening a new era. It is also a last warning of justice served to the U.S., south Korean group and other anti-reunification hostile forces. The decision reflects the strong will of the army and people of the DPRK to annihilate the enemies.

Now the heroic service personnel and all other people of the DPRK are full of surging anger at the U.S. imperialists' reckless war provocation moves, and the strong will to turn out as one in the death-defying battle with the enemies and achieve a final victory of the great war for national reunification true to the important decision made by Kim Jong Un.

The Supreme Command of the KPA in its previous statement solemnly declared at home and abroad the will of the army and people of the DPRK to take decisive military counteraction to defend the sovereignty of the country and the dignity of its supreme leadership as regards the war moves of the U.S. and south Korean puppets that have reached the most extreme phase.

Not content with letting B-52 make sorties into the sky over south Korea in succession despite the repeated warnings of the DPRK, the U.S. made B-2A stealth strategic bomber and other ultra-modern strategic strike means fly from the U.S. mainland to south Korea to stage a bombing drill targeting the DPRK. This is an unpardonable and heinous provocation and an open challenge.

By taking advantage of the U.S. reckless campaign for a nuclear war against the DPRK, the south Korean puppets vociferated about "preemptive attack" and "strong counteraction" and even "strike at the commanding forces," openly revealing the attempt to destroy monuments symbolic of the dignity of the DPRK's supreme leadership.

Read more: http://english.ruvr.ru/2013_03_30/Full-war-declaration-statement-from-DPRK-KCNA-910/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2013-03-30

North and South have been at war since the 1950's the last war never stopped, it was simply an armastice, the status of war has remained in effect for decades.

True they have only had a cease fire.

These smaller Asian nations don't have nukes. Japan doesn't and S. Korea doesn't. It's a long story, but the short version is that the US signed a treaty to defend them.

Japan is widely considered by analysts a "de facto nuclear power". In addition to the commitment of the US nuclear arsenal to it's defense, they themselves have the technology, raw materials and finances to produce weapons in a very short time (and some even believe they already have done so).

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Like 1

The moves of the U.S. imperialists to violate the sovereignty of the DPRK and encroach upon its supreme interests have entered an extremely grave phase. Under this situation, the dear respected Marshal Kim Jong Un, brilliant commander of Mt. Paektu, convened an urgent operation meeting on the performance of duty of the Strategic Rocket Force of the Korean People's Army for firepower strike and finally examined and ratified a plan for firepower strike.

The important decision made by him is the declaration of a do-or-die battle to provide an epochal occasion for putting an end to the history of the long-standing showdown with the U.S. and opening a new era. It is also a last warning of justice served to the U.S., south Korean group and other anti-reunification hostile forces. The decision reflects the strong will of the army and people of the DPRK to annihilate the enemies.

Now the heroic service personnel and all other people of the DPRK are full of surging anger at the U.S. imperialists' reckless war provocation moves, and the strong will to turn out as one in the death-defying battle with the enemies and achieve a final victory of the great war for national reunification true to the important decision made by Kim Jong Un.

The Supreme Command of the KPA in its previous statement solemnly declared at home and abroad the will of the army and people of the DPRK to take decisive military counteraction to defend the sovereignty of the country and the dignity of its supreme leadership as regards the war moves of the U.S. and south Korean puppets that have reached the most extreme phase.

Not content with letting B-52 make sorties into the sky over south Korea in succession despite the repeated warnings of the DPRK, the U.S. made B-2A stealth strategic bomber and other ultra-modern strategic strike means fly from the U.S. mainland to south Korea to stage a bombing drill targeting the DPRK. This is an unpardonable and heinous provocation and an open challenge.

By taking advantage of the U.S. reckless campaign for a nuclear war against the DPRK, the south Korean puppets vociferated about "preemptive attack" and "strong counteraction" and even "strike at the commanding forces," openly revealing the attempt to destroy monuments symbolic of the dignity of the DPRK's supreme leadership.

Read more: http://english.ruvr.ru/2013_03_30/Full-war-declaration-statement-from-DPRK-KCNA-910/

now they are saying that the other side have to make a move, we know that will not happen so they have saved face by saying its up to you

It depends. If we put boots on the ground and fight according to current rules of war, the US can't win. You can't defeat an enemy on its own soil going door to door. When will we learn?

I've said it so many times. The last time the allies outright won a war was WWII. The rules of engagement were different. Germany's cities were bombed mercilessly as were Japanese cities with the goal of getting their people to want the war to end. Nothing was off limits - war is hell.

If the US would park carrier groups and use precision aircraft as it did to Libya not long ago, and shell and bomb the xxxx out of them, it wouldn't last long, even without nukes.

This is a nightmare. Unlike prior wars including WWII, someone is threatening to attack US soil and this time with ICBM's and nukes. This isn't Viet Nam or N. Korea the first time, or Iraq or Afghanistan. This is serious xxxx that will have to be dealt with in a very serious and hard-hitting way if that punk in N. Korea actually launches nukes at anybody.

I can't recall any event in history where anyone actually attacked the US on US soil. Perhaps my old memory has faded? The war against the King of England for independence wasn't yet the US as we know it. Pearl Harbor wasn't yet a state when the Japanese attacked, but that comes close.

The closest thing I can think of is the attack on the naval base at Pearl Harbor before Hawaii was a State, and the US hit back with everything it had including nukes. It also sunk the carriers that brought the bad deed in fairly short order.

I hope the NK guy is bluffing.

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity
  • Like 1

Ignore the rhetoric and wait for the internal results from N.K. There will no doubt be a begging bowl for assorted aid extended by the outstretched arm of that fat oaf the dear respected Marshal Kim Jong Un., brilliant commander of Mt. Pauktu. who if he fails will with any good luck have greatness thrust up him rather than on him.

​My theory is that there is an ongoing power struggle in N.K. hence the renewed rhetoric,however it's same old cobblers in a new name.

Or might it be names?

I think that the new north korean leader, being only just in his position, is trying to establish himself and might be just bluffing. However he was educated overseas in Switzerland under a false name and must have some knowledge of the rest of the world.

He might be after food aid/cash desperately, however I cannot remember the situation getting so tense as now.

Hopefully he doesn't go too far in this dangerous game. North Korea has the fifth largest army in the world, one million strong

I know it's not a popular opinion, but North Korea does have reason to be angry with the USA. The world media is very much concerned with making North Korea look bad.. I'm not entirely convinced that I believe a half of it.

• Like 2