Suzuki Ertiga

I'm not a car enthusiast so i'm looking for some opinions about the new Suzuki Ertiga.

Background info:

- It's a seven seater - 3 rows of seats, fairly comfortable. Plus small additional space at the rear for limited shopping.

- Third row can be folded down easily to accommodate gold clubs etc.

- second and third rows and can easily fold down to make all of the space past the front seats quite sizeable and close to flat.

- It's manufactured in Indonesia.

- My family, 3 adults (one farang plus my Thai son and his Thai wife and two small Thai kids).

- Most of the time it would be used (in Chiang Mai) to transport kids to school, shopping etc. Never used as a work horse for building supplies or anything similar.

Looking for some opinions about:

- Specs say the engine is 1400cc. Is that big enough for a non work horse?

- Specs say it gets 16.8 kilometres to the gallon on Gasahol 91. Is this about average, above or below average?

I'm well aware that there are many other options.

Would appreciate some focused comments, thanks.

Edited by scorecard

Saw it last week and read several tests, mostly put of India. Seems that it is a really good car, good handling, decent performance, even favorably compared to a Honda Freed at nearly half the price. For what you are looking for I would say: perfect match for value for money. Still decent and sporty to drive on its own....that's what I read. Nobody will have first hand experience, but for that money it is a winner in my book

Op. Where are you. Bkk? If yes get yourself down to the motor show at Impact arena. Suzuki have them on display. Gotta say bit cheap and nasty for my taste (tan interior.. yuck)

And the 3 row.. must be for legless people.

Go have a look.

Saw it last week and read several tests, mostly put of India. Seems that it is a really good car, good handling, decent performance, even favorably compared to a Honda Freed at nearly half the price. For what you are looking for I would say: perfect match for value for money. Still decent and sporty to drive on its own....that's what I read. Nobody will have first hand experience, but for that money it is a winner in my book

what is local price tag?

OP, here is some input for you in terms of specs

1400 is not a large engine and lets just say may struggle uphill if full with people, however keep in mind the new eco type engines are small in size but do output much more power.

So the power might be ok(if its one of those new engines) but clearly not a race or towing car

Gas consumption in my opinion sounds little high, but this could be due to this new engine being more powered or turbo charged or whatever they call it.

Naturally the more weight it carries the more gas it will consume, perhaps the gas usage is given for car full of people.

Just as example( the 3lt trucks) claim around 16l usage.

I think if priced well, could be OK, but also keep in mind of your location and if there is a dealer/service garage near by.

Edited by lemoncake

The 16.8 km/l I bet is very optimistic. Eco cars will rarely return the 20 km/l, especially around the suburbs of BKK. My swift is just getting 14-15 km/l. I reckon the ertiga would get 12/13 km/l in the same location, given it's weight and increased engine size. On flat terrain the ertiga should be fine, but it won't be winning any races:)

what is local price tag?

In Chiang Mai, 689,000Baht

what is local price tag?

In Chiang Mai, 689,000Baht

Sounds like a good price.about the same as proton exora

Edited by lemoncake

Are there any on the roads yet? bit early for owners feedback.

True, the first showroom stock arrived in Chiang Mai just 5 or 6 days ago. We looked at the car in the showroom yesterday 30 March 2013.

To be honest the showroom staff couldn't answer any questions. One prospective Thai buyer insisted they call Bkk to get the answers he wanted and relayed the Q & A to me.

Brochures lost in the mail between Bkk and CM, new batch coming soon.

Put aside the exorbitant price for what it is, the minimalist specification, do you really want to own or drive such a vehicle? I understand some people aren't car people, but there must be better choices even for you..

It's the same with people who buy SsangYong dross....except of course they are paying twice or 3 times as much!

Are there any on the roads yet? bit early for owners feedback.

True, the first showroom stock arrived in Chiang Mai just 5 or 6 days ago. We looked at the car in the showroom yesterday 30 March 2013.

To be honest the showroom staff couldn't answer any questions. One prospective Thai buyer insisted they call Bkk to get the answers he wanted and relayed the Q & A to me.

Brochures lost in the mail between Bkk and CM, new batch coming soon.

The joy of car purchasing in Thailandgiggle.gif

Put aside the exorbitant price for what it is, the minimalist specification, do you really want to own or drive such a vehicle? I understand some people aren't car people, but there must be better choices even for you..

It's the same with people who buy SsangYong dross....except of course they are paying twice or 3 times as much!

Compare it to Innova at double the price, and Suzuki looks cheap :)

Ertiga....GA 554000 baht manual

GL 639000 baht auto

GX 689000 baht auto/ABS/AB.......

at those prices I would have the Proton Exora. That is to say I would IF Proton are still importing to Thailand. Not seen many cars in the dealers and they were not at the motorshow.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Compare it to Innova at double the price, and Suzuki looks cheap smile.png

Yes I would agree,the Suzuki looks cheap. Even after a few years the Innova is still the better looking vehicle.....and I am not even a Toyota fan!

Compare it to Innova at double the price, and Suzuki looks cheap smile.png

Yes I would agree,the Suzuki looks cheap. Even after a few years the Innova is still the better looking vehicle.....and I am not even a Toyota fan!

I think the Ertiga is actually in the same market sector (size/price) as the Avanza rather than the Innova. Compared to the Avanza I think it looks like a good alternative.

• 3 months later...

Compare it to Innova at double the price, and Suzuki looks cheap xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png

I think the Ertiga is actually in the same market sector (size/price) as the Avanza rather than the Innova. Compared to the Avanza I think it looks like a good alternative.

From my point of view, Ertiga more fuel consumption and comfort to drive. As Avanza have a good performance because used RWD

You have a choice more: Chevrolet Spin

Just the price, the Spin starts at 100,000 baht more than the top model Suzuki Ertiga...........

as for Toyota the Innova the top model is over 1.1 million !.... Yes the Avanza is around the same price, NO idea of the new one, the old one was 1.3 engine and drove like a slow truck [ I placed a deposit on the 1st ones here top model, when on road, took a test drive, no way and cancelled my order]

Again with the Proton Exora is the price top model 1 baht less than 900,000....... [ some friends that have them are very happy, some of them had the Toyota Wish before, no longer here]

So the Suzuki Ertiga for the money looks good.... if money is not an issue than a Honda Freed same sort of size around 900k and has that magic name so will hold it's value..... saying that go back 2 years, 10 years, 20 years Suzuki appear to hold there value here some even better than Toyota or Honda do..

Edited by ignis

Ertiga....GA 554000 baht manual

GL 639000 baht auto

GX 689000 baht auto/ABS/AB.......thumbsup.gif

It feels so good to know, that something is cheap in India. Ertiga costs almost 30% cheaper in India.

Edited by goel

• 2 weeks later...

spesifikasi_suzuki_ertiga.jpg

Guys, Suzuki Ertiga sit on #2 In Indonesia, how about in Thailand?

Total car wholesale in June 2013 :

1. Toyota Avanza 18.094 unit
2. Suzuki Ertiga 6.555 unit
3. Daihatsu Xenia 5.945 unit
4. Kijang Innova 5.224 unit
5. Suzuki Carry MT 4.428 unit
6. Daihatsu Gran Max Pikap 4.165 unit
7. Nissan Grand Livina 3.634 unit
8. Toyota Rush 3.020 unit
9. Mitsubishi T-120 SS mini PU 2.775 unit
10. Honda Jazz 2.510 unit
11. Daihatsu Terios 2.425 unit
12. Honda Freed 2.196
13. Mitsubishi L-300 PU 2.003 unit
14. Suzuki APV pikap 1.840 unit
15. Honda CR-V 1.779 unit
16. Toyota Yaris 1.739 unit
17. Chevy Spin 1.703 unit
18. Suzuki APV MPV 1.401 unit
19. Daihatsu Gran Max (minibus) 1.341 unit
20. Toyota Fortuner 1.305 unit

Just the price, the Spin starts at 100,000 baht more than the top model Suzuki Ertiga...........

as for Toyota the Innova the top model is over 1.1 million !.... Yes the Avanza is around the same price, NO idea of the new one, the old one was 1.3 engine and drove like a slow truck [ I placed a deposit on the 1st ones here top model, when on road, took a test drive, no way and cancelled my order]

Again with the Proton Exora is the price top model 1 baht less than 900,000....... [ some friends that have them are very happy, some of them had the Toyota Wish before, no longer here]

So the Suzuki Ertiga for the money looks good.... if money is not an issue than a Honda Freed same sort of size around 900k and has that magic name so will hold it's value..... saying that go back 2 years, 10 years, 20 years Suzuki appear to hold there value here some even better than Toyota or Honda do..

Come on, Ignis they cost bugger all in the first place.Nowt From Nowt leaves Nowt as U Brits Saycheesy.gif

Come on, Ignis they cost bugger all in the first place.Nowt From Nowt leaves Nowt as U Brits Saycheesy.gif

That is as maybe but if you bought one 20 years ago here, it has cost Nowt to own over 20 years, some are now in 2013 more expensive to buy than when they were new in 1993... not seen any Honda or Toyota, not losing any money........

Near Nowt to buy and Nowt after years to own look a good deal

• Like 1