Linseed Oil

Vinny1967

You didn't say why you need it.

For furniture tung oil in the form of so called teak oil may do.....it dries off the same (though doesn't have linseed's charming smell, I can still remember oiling cricket bats).

Edited by cheeryble

You didn't say why you need it. For furniture tung oil in the form of so called teak oil may do.....it dries off the same (though doesn't have linseed's charming smell, I can still remember oiling cricket bats).

Actually I was just looking at that on the Homepro website.I've never used it so wasn't sure what type of finish it would give.I make my own pistol and revolver grips and needed something to harden them up before I do some checkering.

You didn't say why you need it. For furniture tung oil in the form of so called teak oil may do.....it dries off the same (though doesn't have linseed's charming smell, I can still remember oiling cricket bats).

Actually I was just looking at that on the Homepro website.I've never used it so wasn't sure what type of finish it would give.I make my own pistol and revolver grips and needed something to harden them up before I do some checkering.

The finish is a pleasing sheen after it dries off the surface.

Never soaked anything in it before, but it's no thicker than linseed oil, maybe thinner.

Edited by cheeryble