Anywhere On Samui To See Some Crocodiles?

Crocodile Farm, some where in the Bohput Ban - Rak area .. seen signs for it on the ring road, lights to Ban Rak area .. Never been...... It's probably marked on the tourist maps...

Neighbour kids said they saw a small crocodile, the other day somewhere up Soi 5 Maenam w00t.gif .... I suspect it was a monitor lizard though, which ones sees running wild occasionally !!!!

The better place to see crocs is at the waterfall Namuang 2 (south of the island). They have a show there. It's on the ring road between 6 and 7 o'clock.

The croc farm that Jimmy mentioned is on the road to the airport - between arrivals and departures. Plenty of signs there.

I too thought that I had a croc in my pool once - but realised that it was a BIG monitor lizard.

attachicon.gifMonitor liz.JPG

Did you jump in and have a swim with it?

Spare me the righteous spiel about how they are kept in poor conditions ect... I just want to get my pic taken with a baby croc.

Ok, I won't bang on about poor conditions. But could you make the effort to search out a sanctuary that has the crocs best interests at heart rather than a money spinner.

• Like 1

Spare me the righteous spiel about how they are kept in poor conditions ect... I just want to get my pic taken with a baby croc.

Ok, I won't bang on about poor conditions. But could you make the effort to search out a sanctuary that has the crocs best interests at heart rather than a money spinner.

I've got no problems with that. Do such places exist on samui?

The better place to see crocs is at the waterfall Namuang 2 (south of the island). They have a show there. It's on the ring road between 6 and 7 o'clock.

The croc farm that Jimmy mentioned is on the road to the airport - between arrivals and departures. Plenty of signs there.

I too thought that I had a croc in my pool once - but realised that it was a BIG monitor lizard.

attachicon.gifMonitor liz.JPG

Did you jump in and have a swim with it?

Not a chance crazy.gif - they have very sharp claws and their bite is full of germs sick.gif . We did go down and take a tape measure to measure it. (Just under two metres.) thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I've got no problems with that. Do such places exist on samui?

My humble opinion - not a chance. Probably not in all of Thailand. I know that they do farm the little critters up near Pattaya/Bangkok but that is for the leather. Not much happens in Thailand that does not become a money spinner. (IMHO)