Going For A Toeic In Bangkok.....

sirchai

Hi there,

Just went through the whole procure and wanted to share my experiences, I'd made. As the new requirement for non native English speakers, we'll have to make a TOEIC test to get visa and work permit extended.

You need to make an appointment first. Please see link:http://toeic-thai.blogspot.com/2009/07/toeic.html

BB building is located at Asoke Rd, easy to get there from the train station via MRT (subway). I stayed at Nana hotel well, honestly a little bit too much of bar bs, outside the hotel, but 1,480 baht, a nice pool, continental breakfast and a welcome drink included.

Rooms are nice and equipped with flat screen TV's. Many foreign channels available.

The test itself's divided into two sections. One is a listening test, the other a reading test, all together 200 questions. The second part involves a lot of reading and I couldn't answer the last three questions, as the time was up.

Please take your valid work permit, otherwise you won't be able to make the test on a day you want to. Once you've finished your test, they'll tell you to come back the next day to pick it up between 10 am and 4.30 pm. I checked out of my hotel room at 2 pm stayed at the pool and picked my score up before I went to the train station to get back to Isaan.

You'll have to submit all the paperwork to the Teachers Council of Thailand. at least 30 days before your visa and permit expires. I've attached all required paperwork for the renewal of the temporary teacher's license. The clerk at the TCT had told me it would only take two weeks to get the needed letter from TCT, once the documents are sent in.

Flight attendants, people who work with foreigners and non native English speakers have to take the test. Would be great if Thai English teachers would have to go for it as well. I guess 80% would fail. But wait Thais don't fail.

post-108180-0-46033600-1364710093_thumb.

post-108180-0-61853600-1364710113_thumb.

post-108180-0-32181800-1364710134_thumb.

post-108180-0-19325800-1364710151_thumb.

post-108180-0-33392400-1364710170_thumb.

post-108180-0-35573700-1364710186_thumb.

If you are near Bangkok and submit the paperwork in person you cna have the teaching license or waiver in a few days.

Also, the teaching council has several email adresses and telephone numbers. Use the foreign relation unit email address/telephone if you need to ask something. That is the right department for the waiver anyway and they do answer emails and pick-up the telephone.

• Like 1