Unlimited 3G

BuffaloRescue

I do not believe there are any mobile data plans which offer fair use limits greater than 10 Giga-Bytes.

DTAC/Happy, AIS and My by CAT all offer a fair-use speed limit of 384 Kilo-bits per second on their higher capacity plans.

I had to use True H for a couple of weeks recently whilst waiting for an install, went through 5gb in a week and went back to the shop and they with a little bit of fuss/confusion managed to put another 5gb on (paid of course).

I know if you just try to use the sms service it makes you wait for 30 days before repurchasing, but it might be worth paying a visit to the True shop

I had to use True H for a couple of weeks recently whilst waiting for an install, went through 5gb in a week and went back to the shop and they with a little bit of fuss/confusion managed to put another 5gb on (paid of course).

I know if you just try to use the sms service it makes you wait for 30 days before repurchasing, but it might be worth paying a visit to the True shop

I'm not certain this is entirely accurate, but TrueMove H may be in the process of modifying their offers. CUrrently I think you can still subscribe to either:

1.) a monthly recurring mobile data plan, which may or may not offer unlimited internet usage with a fair use speed limit of 128 Kbps, depending on the level you choose. This plan would automagically renew assuming you ahve enough balance to cover the fee. (top table in the link)

2.) a single, one-time, hard-capped mobile data plan which lasts up to 30 days (1 month). You will pay by the minute or KB when you exceed your cap. I think you can cancel an existing plan, and then re-subscribe to a new plan, but you may have to contact TrueMove (H), and wait for a few hours. (middle table in the link)

At least this has been my experience with TrueMove H.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/packagedetail/79/3G_Topping_%E0%B8%8B%E0%B8%B7%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AD%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9B%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%8C_:_%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9E%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%88%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99

My experience was that you could simply cancel the package via SMS, in much the same way that you applied for a package.

So if you applied for the 350 baht 1GB package by sending an SMS containing V3 to 9789, then you could cancel it by sending CV3 to 9789, leaving you free to apply another package.

Try it. :)

http://www.tot3g.net/PromotionInfo.aspx?pid=3

Just look at the promotion from tot3g , i have been using the unloadunlimited postpaid for a while .

The speed is preety good .

Thanks, and good to know. We (OK, me) often forget about TOT (2100 MHz) 3G. That is indeed a truly unlimited plan, albeit with a published speed of 2.0 Mega-bits per second. Are you seeing that as a maximum speed?

There were some TOT MVNOs that had unlimited plans, maybe IEC/ or 365?, but I'm not sure if any of those are currently available?

I think TOT is re-jiggering their MVNO program - I think they were thinking of giving ~ 40% of their capacity to SAMART for a re-vamped iMobile 3GX.

post-9615-0-98533700-1364816485_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

There was a time when I sign up for true h on begging was real unlimited for 599 Thb for first customers!

It's realy bad that true change this without further notice!

After 3 gb for 599 I have a speed of 384 kb

Only the cheaper price I could keep

New customer pays now 899 month for 2 gb

You do not have to stick with a monthly package with TRUE, and you can actually purchase it as blocks of 10GB..

Not cheap but it is possible if you call them up, I have done this when staying away from home.

You can also subscribe to TOT 3G "loadUnlimited" which is fixed at 2048 Kbps which is truly unlimited.

All subject to coverage of course.

Edited by Satcommlee

There was a time when I sign up for true h on begging was real unlimited for 599 Thb for first customers! It's realy bad that true change this without further notice! After 3 gb for 599 I have a speed of 384 kb Only the cheaper price I could keep New customer pays now 899 month for 2 gb

899 for 5gb

• 1 month later...

http://www.tot3g.net/PromotionInfo.aspx?pid=3

Just look at the promotion from tot3g , i have been using the unloadunlimited postpaid for a while .

The speed is preety good .

Hi there, I'm interested in the UnloadUnlimited package. I tried to ask about it in the TOT shop here in Chaiyaphum, but my limited Thai sent me home with the impression it was a minimum 12 month contract. When I tried the call centre they said there was no minimum time to the deal. Can anyone confirm the details for this package?

^ AFAIK, those TOT packages are post-paid with a 12 month contract, The contract may have specific wording re: cancellation.

Using Google Translate:

Application and promotion. This promotion can be used for 12 months to get the right promotion can not accumulate to the next billing cycle and can not refund the money. Rate the service. Excl. The user to change the package. The promotion will be effective on the next billing cycle.
Rate according to the table above. TOT3G screen when the phone signal or signal TOT3G TOT Mobile TH ACT 1900 or by rounding second billing. Call charges from roaming. By TH AIS signal or display or TH GSM GSM1800 will be charged by the minute.
To call a phone number regularly. The code starts with 02 free time. 12.00-17.59.59 AM Free up time exceeded 60 minutes, 61 minutes will be charged from £ 1.25 / min.
Phone Tariff SM SM MSD chat interface and the rate of Internet use 3G. According to the table above. Excess of the prescribed rate. For domestic use only.
Super user package loaded. Promotion can be effective in the next billing cycle.
Rate does not include international calls. Transfer calls between countries. Audio services for roaming text costs no other. And fees that may be in the future. Calls to international numbers 007 and 008 to the TOT rate charged.
If the service is outstanding charges. Whether any given case. User acknowledges and agrees that the TOT or TOT 3G. Has the right to suspend the service temporarily or permanently under the law until the customer has paid the fee owed is correct and complete.
The start date for service in the promotion of this bill do not match. Where the use of the billing cycle. Is calculated based on the actual use of services (Pro Rate) surcharge per month divided by 30.
Users should consult the Terms of Use. Rate. How to set up applications. The service area. Rate of TOT 3G internet. Rate of the system is measured in the laboratory, the rate of actual use will depend on the duration and intensity of the weather service. Volume data transmission. And quality in receiving - transmitting device connected to the service. The Company is not responsible for the speed and the consequences of being unable to connect to the internet.
TOT 3G demand the right to suspend, change or cancel the service if the service user has deliberately dishonest, illegal or contrary to the announcement of the government.
Users can check. Balance work and hours that www.tot3g.net. And the terms and conditions for more 1777 TOT 3G call center.

Thanks, lomatopo. It does seem to mention something about switching the contract type (there are cheaper versions of the postpaid deal than UnloadUnlimited). I guess I'll just have to ask in store, which might not actually provide me with the answers I need. If not, does anyone know if CAT offer any prepaid deals? I think their spectrum is my best option and they seem cheaper than True Move.

My dilemma is that the apartment I'm staying in has wifi which barely works. I have an iPhone which can tether internet to my laptop (I used to do this regularly in the UK where both 3 and T Mobile offer proper unlimited internet) but, as has been made clear here, unlimited 3G is hard to come by here! Tethering off my phone seems a cheaper bet than buying an expensive dongle as I'm heading back to the UK after this semester of teaching anyhow. If anyone has any better suggestions I'd be happy to hear them!