Micro Bus Fare To Cha- Am

Rasel

Dear Friends ,

I had booked 3 nights to Cha -am .http://www.regent-chaam.com/

I read on Forum the texi fair is around 2000 Bath.

But I was unable to find info about Micro Bus Fair.

We are 6 person ,so planning to go by a Micro Bus.

Please advice what is the reasonable fair and from hear can I get it in Bangkok

Regards/Rasel

In the thread "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles at the top of this section there is this advice from Johnnyk:

f you are already in BKK the best, fastest, cheapest and most convenient way is from Victory Monument - getting to the southern bus terminal is a pain.

Information is updated as follows:

Cost is now 160 baht. A/C Minibuses leave every 20-30 minutes from Victory Monument.

Take the skytrain to Victory Monument stop. Exit and stay to the left. You will walk along an elevated walkway for a few minutes that will bring you down into an area of market stalls and shops. You will see a hospital across the road to your left.

Go between the shops/stalls and come out on to a sidewalk in a small road. You will see a line of minivans. Across the road in front of a metal fence you will see guys sitting at small tables, ask anyone of them for HuaHin (Wah Hin) they will point to the right table.

Buy the ticket (the seller will point to the correct bus) and go back across the road.

Best seat (IMO) is behind the driver. Takes about 2.5 hours depending on traffic and/or weather.

Professor Fart adds that the fare to Cha-am is 120bt

Not a bad deal I must say. :o

Enjoy your holiday!

cv

I know that Regent Cha Am offers their own bus service direct from Bangkok to the hotel. It leaves from the Regent House building on Rajdamri Road (close to Rajdamri Skytrain station).

I don't know the schedule or details- if you call the hotel or Regent Bangkok office in Regent House, they will certainly help you.

Airport bus (#2, I think) operates between the airport and Victory Monument but I don't know where it stops at Victory Monument. Fare will be about 100 baht to airport.

From http://www.airportthai.co.th/airportnew/bi...l/service7.html

Air-conditioned airport bus service operate between Bangkok International Airport (BIA) and downtown for 4 main routes. Fare is only 100 Bath per person throughout one single journey.

Route A2 : BIA - Sanam Luang (Grand Palace)

Inbound - Airport, Victory Monument (Ponglee Restaurant), Siam City Hotel Soi Kink Petch, Petchburi Rd., Sapan Kao, opposite Majestic Hotel, Larnluang, Democracy Monument, Ratchadamnoen Klang, Tanao, Khaosan Rd., Rattanakosin Hotel and Sanam Luang is downtown terminal (destination)

Outbound - Sanamluang, Soldier Monument, Phrapinklao Bridge, Phra Arthit Rd., Phra Sumen Rd., Banglampoo (Bavornnives Temple), Majestic Hotel, Royal Princess Hotel, Democracy Monument, Rajdamnoen Rd., Larnluang, Victory Munument, Airport (destination).

Bus Stop: In front of the Airport.

Air - Conditioned Bus

Route 4 Airport - Silom Rd.

Route 29 Airport - Victory Monument - Bangkok Railway Station (Hua Lumpong)

Route 10 Airport - Victory Monument - Southern Region Bus Terminal

Route 13 Airport - Sukhumvit Rd. - Eastern Region Bus Terminal