2 Trillion Baht Infrastructure - Which Stocks?

If this goes ahead those companies dealing with infrastructure will be in for a bonanza and their share prices should bump nicely. My question is- what are the stocks in Thailand that deal with infrastructure- Siam Cememnt is one that springs to mind- which others?

Agree with all the above posters, BUT most of the stocks mentioned has surged between 100-200% the last 5-6 months, so IMO those future contracts are in the stockprice already. If you can buy them on a correction on the SET, it might be a good buy, but at todays prices I can't see them outperform index.

Have a look at WIN, a smallish transportation-company, but owned Mr.T's sister. Could be a good lotteryticket! wai2.gif

The only money to be made is in shorting the stocks mentioned above. All the good news is priced in. If the deal collapses, these stocks will tank. At this stage of the game, you're no longer investing, but gambling on politics.

better invest in one of the funds as they do a nice spread and you pay only a few %

I pay 0.2% in fees per trade with my Thailand stock broker- I can't bear paying 10- 20 or more times more than that in fees for mutual funds- but I do see that mutual funds to provide more security relative to single stocks.

I think that you can't assume the market has completely priced-in the contracts for the infrastructure deals as of now. It runs on newsflow; yes, when the plan was rolled out last year, that was the big bump up, but when the deal is actually voted into action, as there has been some measure of pushback, there will undoubtedly be a rush of latecomers who come in to boost the contractors a bit.

I think there is still time to get in on the contractors but it would be best, as mentioned above, to buy on a correction (like yesterdays)

edit: we are correcting again today! down another 30+ pts so far.

Edited by kblaze

better invest in one of the funds as they do a nice spread and you pay only a few %

I pay 0.2% in fees per trade with my Thailand stock broker- I can't bear paying 10- 20 or more times more than that in fees for mutual funds- but I do see that mutual funds to provide more security relative to single stocks.

i dont mind paying a few % when some of the funds are paying up to near 80%